Tyreek Hill on the Block-Jets Involved. This is not a drill

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

And let me tell you... the Jets ticket office does NOT treat their fans with the gratitude and respect they deserve.  That is all.  Flea bag run organization in many other ways than the team itself.

Woody Johnson hasn't made good on anything that he promised us, the fans that he would provide, like our own stadium and a Super Bowl and he only really seems to care every 5-7 years it seems

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

I wont even be sad today. I am relieved. I can look past some things, but punching the woman who is carrying your child in the stomach ?  I think we avoided disaster.  I don't think the NY media would ever let him be successful. I could see the NY Post having a field day and never letting up. I think we avoided disaster and maybe this time next year is our time to acquire a talent like Hill minus the heavy baggage. 

This liability could be out of the league with one "bad day". I would never support him as a Jet and that only goes for a handful of guys. I'm, quite frankly, disappointed the Jets pursued him. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

46 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Not really; it's about half that, since they pay taxes where the game is played. 

BUT

if Miami structured it so it's heavier on bonus money - e.g. every year even if the cap hit's the same they pay it out as roster bonus rather than salary; that, on top of a hefty signing bonus - then more of his income will be tied to FL than wherever his games are played. 

Also when bringing up endorsements & such, those local endorsement deals come with state & local taxes, too.

Other thing to consider is the weather. Yeah it's mentioned, like people bringing up Jones Beach, but he's not going to be able to use it 1/10 as much as Miami Beach. Jones Beach is only usable maximum June-July-Aug. Late July onward he's in training camp every day until the season starts. So roughly half that Jones Beach season is lost. Miami? He gets the day off every Mon/Tue and can head to the beach (if that's his thing/scene) not just June & most of July, but all season long as well once the season's underway, while Jones Beach lovers are wearing 2 layers of clothing under ski jackets, stepping into slush puddles, dealing with freezing rain, etc. Also the big draw - NYC - is disgusting. 

The full offseason he can live wherever & it doesn't matter either way.

Both teams suck; I can't say I blame him for more $ and a far more comfortable place to be in his late 20s to early 30s.

Thanks for clarifying! 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So 1 level/tier below that and you would support the player?

I'm not saying I lack a soul on this stuff either, mind you.  I didn't watch the Jets the year they signed Michael Vick.  I'm asking a genuine question because its an interesting discussion.

You're full of it. There're artist who's music you listen to who are assholes. There're actors'/actresses' movies/tv shows that you watch who are assholes...and other athletes whom you root for who are also assholes. So why go there with Vick? What he did was dumb but it doesn't make him a bad person. Hell, Kevin Spacey raped some boys but that doesn't make a classic movie like Se7en unwatchable to me...and if you say it does to you then you're definatly full of it.

• WTF? 1

4 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

It's days like today where we learn who the real idiots on this board are.

For god's ******* sake.

Hill did not have a no trade clause.....BUT......

Hill only had 1 year left on his contract so the Jets and Fins offers were conditioned on Hill agreeing to an extension.  Thus, it's was Hill's choice as to who he was going to get traded to.  If the Jets offer their 1st round pick for the next 10 years, but Hill says he's not signing an extension, then the deal with withdrawn.

The Dolphins gave him $120 million ALL OF WHICH will be guaranteed by the 1st day of the 2023 league year.  Hill picked who he wanted to sign an extension with, that was the Dolphins.  Likely because of it being Miami but also because it was $120 million guaranteed.

This. Also, why are we blaming JD and not Tyreke Hill on this?

The deal was done. This guy DOES NOT want to play here. So f**k it, lets move on. We get 2 chances a year to make his life a living hell on the field. Lets focus on that.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

16 minutes ago, heymangold said:

I understand Watson wasn’t charged.  I’m saying that hill WAS charged and the charges were dismissed and his record expunged.  It’s in the past - Watson is still in the middle of it, the middle of an NFL investigation. 

Seems like a pretty fine hair to split. Regardless, we don't have to worry about twisting ourselves in knots. Hill is utter scumbag and should be in jail now.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, GangGreen Machine said:

This liability could be out of the league with one "bad day". I would never support him as a Jet and that only goes for a handful of guys. I'm, quite frankly, disappointed the Jets pursued him. 

GGM, you and I both. Disappointed as well.. 

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

It's days like today where we learn who the real idiots on this board are.

For god's ******* sake.

Hill did not have a no trade clause.....BUT......

Hill only had 1 year left on his contract so the Jets and Fins offers were conditioned on Hill agreeing to an extension.  Thus, it was Hill's choice as to who he was going to get traded to.  If the Jets offer their 1st round pick for the next 10 years, but Hill says he's not signing an extension, then the deal with withdrawn.

The Dolphins gave him $120 million ALL OF WHICH will be guaranteed by the 1st day of the 2023 league year.  Hill picked who he wanted to sign an extension with, that was the Dolphins.  Likely because of it being Miami but also because it was $120 million guaranteed.

It seems for Hill to accept coming here, the Jets probably would have had to offer him like 4/140 (35 mil per year) or something like that with most, if not, all of it guaranteed. 

8 minutes ago, STLuLu said:

You're full of it. There're artist who's music you listen to who are assholes. There're actors'/actresses' movies/tv shows that you watch who are assholes...and other athletes whom you root for who are also assholes. So why go there with Vick? What he did was dumb but it doesn't make him a bad person. Hell, Kevin Spacey raped some boys but that doesn't make a classic movie like Se7en unwatchable to me...and if you say it does to you then you're definatly full of it.

What Mike Vick did was absolutely atrocious, especially when you read the details.  I have absolutely stopped listening to artists like Brand New when it came out Jesse Lacey, the lead singer, groomed underage girls.  Believe it or not, not all fans of sports teams, media, etc., lack morals when it comes to things they enjoy.

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I don't think he is picking. I think he wants to get paid and the Chiefs won't match his demands. Jets/Miami will. 

So I think it comes down to which offer the Chiefs prefer. 

A "Heavily" taxed state vs a tax FREE state...hmmm... decisions,...decisions. 

48 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Yeah hard to believe they were ever in it if they weren’t willing to offer a 1st

So, hard to believe that the Chiefs actually accepted JD's trade proposal.  That dam prick JD for Hill not choosing us...

Some posters make me laugh...

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

What Mike Vick did was absolutely atrocious, especially when you read the details.  I have absolutely stopped listening to artists like Brand New when it came out Jesse Lacey, the lead singer, groomed underage girls.  Believe it or not, not all fans of sports teams, media, etc., lack morals when it comes to things they enjoy.

Honest question. Why watch the NFL at all if these type of guys are running around on our TV playing football? You're indirectly contributing to the ratings that bring in the advertising deals that help these bad men get paid millions. Why not just turn it off and walk away?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Honest question. Why watch the NFL at all if these type of guys are running around on our TV playing football? You're indirectly contributing to the ratings that bring in the advertising deals that help these bad men get paid millions. Why not just turn it off and walk away?

I don’t root for the entire league.  I root for the Jets and, as of now, the Jets don’t have players that I view as abhorrent on their team.

I didn’t stop listening to music all together when I found out about Lacey, I just avoided his music.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

You all know how this plays out.  Hill will be nicked up next year, be in and out of the lineup and finish playing about 10 games with pedestrian numbers.

Year 2, he will get serious hurt and miss most of the year.

Now hes 31, not the same player and the Fins will be scrambling to get out of the deal in year 3.

Does anyone really think this isnt exactly whats going to happen to Hill?  Be glad hes not our problem.  We will be watching an ascending stud like Garrett Wilson or Drake London blossom into a superstar over the next few years.

4 minutes ago, jetsons said:

A "Heavily" taxed state vs a tax FREE state...hmmm... decisions,...decisions. 

Hill will be taxed in every state in which he plays (as long as the state has any income tax).  It's up to his primary state, to give him a credit for it against his own taxes.  So even if he lives in Fla and his team is based there, he will still pay income tax in places like Mass, NJ, Cal.  

This whole state income tax thing as a deciding factor is total bullcrap.