The Merged Trade for Deebo Samuel Thread

11 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Do we though?  Seems like any time the Jets pay a player lately he turns into a dog.  If Deebo arrives and Zach Wilson doesn’t make a large year 2 leap, that’s exactly the risk you run.  

But gotta take some chances at some point I guess.  This regime went all-in on Wilson.  So adding a stud WR who fits the system is a shot you have to take if/when it’s available.

Who’s the highly regarded, league leader type player we’ve signed lately that’s turned into a dog? 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

I’m more questioning the guy that spent money on bottle service plus a sign to get his attention just to get a “Nope” from Deebo lol. 

He or she will always have a great story and a tweet they can click to as a punch line?

I'm definitely in the minority on this. I don't want to give up premium picks AND pay big big bucks to any WR. 

Draft a WR or two, to pair with Elijah Moore and the others. We may never see Moore's ceiling if the Jets offense is force-feeding a high priced WR. 

I'm actually surprised that JDoug has taken the Hill/Deebo route. Sometimes the best trades are ones you don't make. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GangGreen Machine said:

Deebo had more production his rookie year, almost 1000 AP yards, than any jets WR in the past 4 years… yet folks want to say he has had one good year. 

His YAC (yards after catch) per reception was 10.0, only the second time in the last 15 years that a qualified wideout hit that mark. The first to do it? It was Samuel in 2020 (12.0).

He averaged 13.1 yards per reception on targets at or behind the line of scrimmage. That was a better mark than 52 qualified wide receivers averaged on ALL targets last season.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

1 hour ago, YankeeJet22 said:

I'm actually surprised that JDoug has taken the Hill/Deebo route. Sometimes the best trades are ones you don't make. 

You should text him, I'm sure he's never heard this phrase. It would completely change the way he has looked at his football team. Instead of just glancing at the roster between Ozark episodes and watching Tik tok videos with the rest of the time he can use this precious little shortcut and still have time for his Insta account.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

This is the must likely scenario tbh

Yes it is. 

And the reason is...ZW.  Players on either side of the ball will not come to JetsLand...when the starting rookie QB throws only 9 TDs last season.  If Zach throws 20+ this season...that may persuade them to take the money and play for the NYJ.  

So if Jets are willing to offer the 10th pick and get turned down by Deebo.  Then Jets need to use that pick and draft the best wideout on JD's board.  The three Amigos usually being Drake London, Garrett Wilson or Jameson Williams.  

This offseason has always been about getting all of the offensive tools possible to help Zach Wilson succeed.  Win or lose...ZW needs to put up lots more points and 20+ TDs this season.  And cement his status as FQB NYJ.

If Zach succeeds...players will come. 

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Or when 49ers uses that on a WR who Jamal Chase’s the he’ll outta of the league next year and Deebo follows the Jets tradition of high priced FA on IR. 

Yeah, but imagine the excitement the first few months before it happens!

I've already got a half-chub!

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

His YAC (yards after catch) per reception was 10.0, only the second time in the last 15 years that a qualified wideout hit that mark. The first to do it? It was Samuel in 2020 (12.0).

He averaged 13.1 yards per reception on targets at or behind the line of scrimmage. That was a better mark than 52 qualified wide receivers averaged on all targets last season.

So, basically, he good

• Sympathy 1

I have news for everybody. If they don't get Deebo with the 10th pick they're going to use the 4th pick on "their" top WR in the draft. They can't afford to risk getting their 2nd or 3rd highest graded WR at 10. Any WR hungry team will be looking to jump them in the draft at 10.

• Sympathy 1

I listened to a few podcasts on my morning run and now I have a good handle on what’s going on with Deebo. 

—Deebo did an interview with Inside the NFL a few months ago and he expressed how much he loved being a Niner, playing for Shanahan, BUT said he’d prefer to be a true receiver as opposed to getting carries.

—San Fran thought for sure they’d have been able to dump Garoppolo at this point, but his shoulder surgery has gummed up their process. They need to preserve a ton of space for Bosa, so they need a resolution on the Jimmy G situation before they can start handing out guarantees and putting that money into escrow. 

—Apparently, Deebo met with Shanahan and the Niners to talk about his future and the Niners—despite wanting to pay him— pissed him off, which explains the spurned lover routine he’s putting out there now. 

—Deebo liked a tweet showing him in a Cowboys uniform, then un-liked the tweet when it blew up on Twitter.

—The Cowboys have $20 mil in cap space and will have a bunch more when Zeke gets dumped after the season. 

Bottom line: either San Fran coughs up a bunch of guarantees or Deebo will be a Cowboy.

• Sympathy 2

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I listened to a few podcasts on my morning run and now I have a good handle on what’s going on with Deebo. 

—Deebo did an interview with Inside the NFL a few months ago and he expressed how much he loved being a Niner, playing for Shanahan, BUT said he’d prefer to be a true receiver as opposed to getting carries.

—San Fran thought for sure they’d have been able to dump Garoppolo at this point, but his shoulder surgery has gummed up their process. They need to preserve a ton of space for Bosa, so they need a resolution on the Jimmy G situation before they can start handing out guarantees and putting that money into escrow. 

—Apparently, Deebo met with Shanahan and the Niners to talk about his future and the Niners—despite wanting to pay him— pissed him off, which explains the spurned lover routine he’s putting out there now. 

—Deebo liked a tweet showing him in a Cowboys uniform, then un-liked the tweet when it blew up on Twitter.

—The Cowboys have $20 mil in cap space and will have a bunch more when Zeke gets dumped after the season. 

Bottom line: either San Fran coughs up a bunch of guarantees or Deebo will be a Cowboy.

Doesn’t seem like the Cowboys are interested. And it doesn’t make sense after getting rid of Cooper. Next year will be CeeDee’s third year. After that, it’s the same situation as Deebo’s.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

can't see SF trading deebo to a rival in Dallas.  Also, 4+10 for deebo and bosa?

16 minutes ago, choon328 said:

I have news for everybody. If they don't get Deebo with the 10th pick they're going to use the 4th pick on "their" top WR in the draft. They can't afford to risk getting their 2nd or 3rd highest graded WR at 10. Any WR hungry team will be looking to jump them in the draft at 10.

And who might that be Wilson? As far as the other WR prospects they should all be available at 10.

1 hour ago, YankeeJet22 said:

I'm definitely in the minority on this. I don't want to give up premium picks AND pay big big bucks to any WR. 

Draft a WR or two, to pair with Elijah Moore and the others. We may never see Moore's ceiling if the Jets offense is force-feeding a high priced WR. 

Elijah Moore is only 22 years old. No need to rush him being our number 1. Let him kill it as a number 2 with Deebo as the #1. Then in 3-5 years, Elijah will be entering his prime years and can step into that bigger role. At least that’s how i look at it. There’s no harm in having 2 elite WRs.

• Upvote 1