The Merged Trade for Deebo Samuel Thread

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Okay, so I'm convinced the Jets are getting Deebo.  Just feels like things are aligning in our direction.

Question for everyone - When does it happen? What do we give up? How much guaranteed does he get?

My guess is Tuesday, #10 overall (nothing else) and $65mm

I think if the Jets were getting him it would have happened by now. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

I think if the Jets were getting him it would have happened by now. 

Not necessarily. Niners have been reluctant to trade him, but Deebo is enforcing the full press to get out of dodge. A trade is inevitable, the only question is where does he end up. I’d currently give it a 50/50 chance Deebo ends up a Jet in the coming days.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Okay, so I'm convinced the Jets are getting Deebo.  Just feels like things are aligning in our direction.

Question for everyone - When does it happen? What do we give up? How much guaranteed does he get?

If we get him, I’m thinking Tuesday, #10 and #146. 4 yr extension $90M with $65M gtd. (Similar to Diggs).

But I’m still not convinced we are the place.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Agreed with everything except compensation 

Jets receive

- WR Deebo Samuel

- 2022 6th round pick 

49ers receive 

- #35 and #38

Say what you want about Douglas overall, but he never gets bent over a barrel in a trade and always comes out looking good in the eyes of fans.

It seems so simple. But then this is us. Conditioned to not expect nice things. 

Maybe i will be wrong, but i don't think it happens.

The “Kings Ransom” comment from Connor (beat)... JD won’t be paying a kings ransom. NYJ would have a VERY GOOD idea of his cost/situation... as both coaching staffs are friends. Douglas’ package for THill was NOT a kings ransom. Even paying the 10th pick + a 2nd or 3rd, isn’t really a kings ransom. Point is, i believe SF has all the leverage and have no incentive to trade DS at anything less that a fleecing (multiple firsts + some). Jets aren’t going to package up tons of capital like that... esp for a guy that wants paid and had way more injury concerns than he can afford to gamble on. Deebo had major reliability concerns coming into last year from an entire career (back to HS) of always being banged up. 1 elite year. 

Not to mention the ole' "trade for and extend" hasn't really paved the way for a conservative guy like Joe to now throw in the towel on his "Player Value" system he seems to live by (paying players on value deals). Adams? Mack? Cooper? Idk... i just don't feel like most of these examples in recent memory ended up being great value for said player. Trading for a player who will make 20m more per year than the 10th pick presumably would. 

Realistically, i don't think he gets moved. Kyle also strikes me as a stubborn SOB (aiyuk situation) who is pretty oldschool for being so young. I think there is no way KYLE wants to give up his coolest toy, to his staff that dipped out on him... We have seen kyle already get hurt feelings from this type of stuff (matt lefluer/rogers situation). Who knows. 

I would be down for the trade. I just don't think JD is, given the price and other factors.

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

4 people need to sell the Jets to Deebo Samuel if the 49ers like our trade package: Joe Douglas, Robert Saleh, Mike Lafleur, and Zach Wilson. Get on a JetBlue plane and all 4 get your asses to Deebo's neighborhood and make it happen. No deal, then hit the bricks. 

Did the 49rs give Deebo permission to work out a trade?

Because that would be tampering to a degree that would cost us a hell of a lot of draft picks and cash

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Not buying it.  They have a rookie QB, plenty of money here.  Was listening to Daniel Jeremiah the other day, pointed out that the likelihood of the miners giving in to Deebo with a rookie QB about to take the helm was small.  Rather, he saw this as posturing around guarantees in Deebo’s contract given what he is asked to do (ie the hybrid role) and the risk for injury.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Phillyjet said:

Not buying it.  They have a rookie QB, plenty of money here.  Was listening to Daniel Jeremiah the other day, pointed out that the likelihood of the miners giving in to Deebo with a rookie QB about to take the helm was small.  Rather, he saw this as posturing around guarantees in Deebo’s contract given what he is asked to do (ie the hybrid role) and the risk for injury.

If you're Deebo Samuel and you have outplayed your contract - are you honestly going to play for $4mm when the market is $25mm with likely $65mm guaranteed.  The 49ers will have to pay him - just a question of if they're willing to meet the market price.   No way he's playing under the rookie contract.

So yes, 9ers can step up and if they offer him something like $65mm guaranteed and assure him he's a WR and not a RB - they can get it done.  

Or they can let him hold out - deal with the headache of that and not recoup any draft capital.   

I think ultimately the pull the trigger on a trade.

13 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I originally didn’t think a deal would get done.

But Deebo actually seems adamant that he wants out.

This is probably the best chance for SF to regroup their WR core with high draft picks in their trade return that they might not get next year etc.

If we are offering picks 35 + 38 or 10…not sure they’ll get as high of picks from other teams if this drags out to next offseason

Now seems to be the best time for SF

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

If you're Deebo Samuel and you have outplayed your contract - are you honestly going to play for $4mm when the market is $25mm with likely $65mm guaranteed.  The 49ers will have to pay him - just a question of if they're willing to meet the market price.   No way he's playing under the rookie contract.

So yes, 9ers can step up and if they offer him something like $65mm guaranteed and assure him he's a WR and not a RB - they can get it done.  

Or they can let him hold out - deal with the headache of that and not recoup any draft capital.   

49ers dont have a 1st round pick. That def weighs on them. Now they can flip Debo for 10 if JD offers it up and replace him with a WR. I think its a win win move for both teams. I hope it happens. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

I am leaning toward the niners pay up, but agree it’s either a new contract or he’s shipped. 

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

It’s not about the 9rs paying up, he doesn’t want them to make an offer, he wants out.

The latest seems to be that AJ Brown is getting a deal from the Titans, and Deebo is just trying to get more guaranteed money from the Niners. As usual, the “threaten a trade to the Jets and Zach Wilson” strategy has paid off for teams and their players.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The latest seems to be that AJ Brown is getting a deal from the Titans, and Deebo is just trying to get more guaranteed money from the Niners. As usual, the “threaten a trade to the Jets and Zach Wilson” strategy has paid off for teams and their players.

The signal by the player that they’re threatening to go to the nyj is usually the sigh of relief that team experiences when they know the threat isn’t real.

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Source?

20 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

What week of of the pre-season does he go on IR would be my first question. It’s how thing actually align for us. 

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

The signal by the player that they’re threatening to go to the nyj is usually the sigh of relief that team experiences when they know the threat isn’t real.

Like a drinking game, but where teams cut their offers by 3% every time Adam Schefter says, “the Jets have reached out”

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Except it hasn’t happened and if it does who cares that’s how players get $ in all sports.  And if it’s just a ploy, doubtful because he can be traded once he asks out, you weren’t getting him anyway.  
Also have no idea why we’re bringing the Jets into it.  Packers, Eagles, Falcons and whoever were rumored to be involved. Wasn’t just the Jets.  

8 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

The week after he has two TD's in the first quarter of the 3rd pre-season game.  Non-contact knee in practice.

That would be awful. Least we got 3 3/4’s a game of some of the best defense I’ve seen in a while from CJ before he went out. 

21 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

That would be awful. Least we got 3 3/4’s a game of some of the best defense I’ve seen in a while from CJ before he went out. 

I keep going to the Lawson injury.  All we heard was how dominant he was in camp.  I mean every other story was Lawson, Lawson, Lawson.  Should have seen it coming.

The Niners said they will only trade if an offer "blows them out of the water". For Douglas to do that, he will need to pay above the going rate. IMO, he will need to give up at least  #10 AND a 4th... maybe even the #69. He has to make an offer they can't refuse or this will not happen. I wouldn't be surprise to find out when #10 is on the clock.