Ravens @ Jets week 1

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

This is not a high scoring ravens offense.  They rely on grinding out yards.  The jets d should be considerably better than last year.  And if the jets can score it’s going to put lamar in turnover prone situations.

I understand, but if you watched the Colts game last year, you can understand the concern people have. This defense was awful against the run at times last year. 

I expect us to be better and to be juiced by the opening day crowd, but this is not an easy matchup. I'll be curious to see what the line is. The Ravens will be heavy favorites.  

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I understand, but if you watched the Colts game last year, you can understand the concern people have. This defense was awful against the run at times last year. 

I expect us to be better and to be juiced by the opening day crowd, but this is not an easy matchup. I'll be curious to see what the line is. The Ravens will be heavy favorites.  

In fairness there are no easy games for the jets.  But here at least they’re not facing a cadre of sick wrs.  Their DL is revamped and the jets may actually be able to put some points up early and put pressure on the ravens to play from behind.  

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Was hoping for an easier week 1 opponent. Have to get off to a decent start this year to have any chance. we’ve been a non-competitive September team for years 

They had a losing record.  Gotta play somebody decent .  Could be way worse 

• Upvote 1

Mmm, not sure I like the thought of our ILBs trying to catch Lamar Jackson in space.

But overall, I actually think we have a semi decent chance b/c of how their D is a big unknown, and likely hasn’t gelled yet.  I think we could catch them in some busted coverages.

They don’t scare me like they used too.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

42 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Three days before Christmas?  Two teams likely out of the playoff hunt?  Jags and Jets?

Either that game has a TV viewership of 138 people.... or it gets flexed out.  And, given how late they scheduled the game my money would be on the NFL having a high confidence they get to use that slot and move whatever game they want into it.

This is a total placeholder by the NFL scheduling team.

EDIT:  Now being brought to my attention that TNF games might not be open to flex scheduling so this post might be moot.  Actually, I'll just stick with the total TV viewership guess of 138. :P

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

Three days before Christmas?  Two teams likely out of the playoff hunt?  Jags and Jets?

Either that game has a TV viewership of 138 people.... or it gets flexed out.  And, given how late they scheduled the game my money would be on the NFL having a high confidence they get to use that slot and move whatever game they want into it.

I don't think flexible scheduling applies to Thursday night games -- only Sunday night games. Seems like a weird game for a national audience late in the season, but I don't think it changes.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Lith said:

I don't think flexible scheduling applies to Thursday night games -- only Sunday night games. Seems like a weird game for a national audience late in the season, but I don't think it changes.

You could be right.  It just seems like such an odd game to schedule that late in the season between two teams who just Drafted in the Top 4.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I know they flex the Sunday games, but do they do the same for TNF and MNF?

I didn’t think they did.

• Upvote 1