OTA Updates - June 8th

1 hour ago, GreenFish said:

Football is a sports made up of guys who are explosive. And these guys are getting more explosive every year.

I like the idea of keeping guys fresh. The question for me comes to resource allocation. Are you better off paying

- Leonard Williams or DeForest Bucker $20m to play 80% of snaps and some jag play 20%
or

- Pay a Foley and DJ Jones $10M each and have them split reps

Is having those two guys repping at 100% better than a top guy who cant give 100% throughout the game?

When Quinnen was coming out of Bama part of the "cons" was that he was used in a heavy rotation and no one really knew what he looked like at 60 snaps at game

You're right the game is changing and guys are getting more explosive. Also, the factories like UGA and Bama rotate these guys more and more over the years. If you have 8 5star DL, why keep 4 of them on the bench 

everyone is seeing this as a knock of QW but this is the way the game is played in 2022

and to answer your question it's better to pay Leo to get his 7-12 sacks a year rather than pay Foley (2 career sacks) and DJ Jones (3 sacks a year). D linemen get paid for sacks. Quinnen could be like a Leo (another player who benefitted from a rotation). 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 3

The very fact that Saleh has already changed his theory of snap counts for DL, means that there isnt actually a theory and as we've seen from his past, he doesnt adhere to the theory at all.  If Q.Will starts to play like the 3rd overall pick, he'll play as many snaps as he can. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

It’s analytics bleeding into the game.  The numbers say guys around those amount of snaps are more likely to stay healthy.

I get embracing that part of the game, but I think it is silly in this instance.

You had me up until the bold.  I like what I'm hearing, especially the part about keeping players healthy (less injury prone?) 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, bitonti said:

When Quinnen was coming out of Bama part of the "cons" was that he was used in a heavy rotation and no one really knew what he looked like at 60 snaps at game

You're right the game is changing and guys are getting more explosive. Also, the factories like UGA and Bama rotate these guys more and more over the years. If you have 8 5star DL, why keep 4 of them on the bench 

everyone is seeing this as a knock of QW but this is the way the game is played in 2022

and to answer your question it's better to pay Leo to get his 7-12 sacks a year rather than pay Foley (2 career sacks) and DJ Jones (3 sacks a year). D linemen get paid for sacks. Quinnen could be like a Leo (another player who benefitted from a rotation). 

Interesting take.  I think we all suffer from "Aaron Donald syndrome" a bit...

• Sympathy 1

19 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Read the replies. DWC immediately - immediately - started cursing him out and insisting he would make Bien-Aime block him again. What a complete moron

One guy’s Dad doesn’t love him enough and everyone in Jets orbit has to pay for it.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Doggin94it said:

Read the replies. DWC immediately - immediately - started cursing him out and insisting he would make Bien-Aime block him again. What a complete moron

Rofl ... dude has no concept of what the line is, let alone how to find it. Completely oblivious..... it's great to watch ?.