Camp Updates - Monday Aug 8

Lith

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, JiFapono said:

Reminds me of the hammy Revis "pulled" when Moss torched him after he called him a slouch.

Might be why Saleh kept saying, "I think he's fine".  lol 

they probably gave him a twinky in training room to stop the crocodile tears and all was fine after that.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Awesumtenor said:

As was  asked in the depth chart thread…whodafac is Marcell Hayes? Where’d he come from? Is he a late UDFA signing or someone we poached off a practice squad prior to the new league year?

Maybe he’s related to Willie Mays Hayes and snuck into camp…

I don't know who the **** Marcell Hayes is, but Marcell Harris is a free agent signing from San Francisco.  He is another S/LB hybrid.  He was a 6th round pick out of Florida in 2018 and played at least a third of the defensive snaps each season, as well as half the ST snaps.  He has a very good shot of making the team, but his contract is eminently cuttable as 1 year at around $1M with only $350K guaranteed.

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

Didn't look like he got 'rolled up on' - just off balance and pushed back and if that was the knee with the new brace I can see him playing it safe and hopefully this will be just part of his recovery.

Was wondering (and hoping) if he had the brace on today.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

So far...I'd say it's been a pretty good camp for Wilson so far. Some hiccups here and there but we haven't heard that he looks the same as last year, repeating the same mistakes over and over, etc. Conklin seems to be a huge addition for him. 

It's sure nice to finally have some tight ends. 

Heck, even Yeboah has had some nice camp moments. The Jets might actually be "deep" at TE. No studs, but several capable bodies. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

The move was to draft Wirfs and extend Fant.

Thank You Joe Douglas Thank you - (OL guru who picked Becton over Wirfs because Becton was a LT)

Wait - JD switched Becton over to RT - was that the 'actual plan' all along?

THIS

I remember people lecturing me about the HUGE difference between LT and RT...then Saleh makes the move from LT to RT like he was ordering pizza AND all those people became silent 

• Post of the Week 3

12 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

THIS

I remember people lecturing me about the HUGE difference between LT and RT...then Saleh makes the move from LT to RT like he was ordering pizza AND all those people became silent 

I think it is a big deal.  For some players.  Wasn't there a guy from the Cowboys deaf in one ear that preferred a side?  Becton played both sides in college.  I personally feel that to the extent that there is physically a difference that Fant is an LT and Becton and Wirfs are more RT anyway.  I wanted Wirfs and I legit wanted it based on who was the bigger physical freak, but somehow Becton supposedly has more "upside."  I'm not sure I understand.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Lith said:

watching the Saleh interview I know what this conversation was.....

JD - you know what the NY media is like

Saleh - yep.... never ending questions about Becton right after practice. 

JD - don't worry man. I got you,  the interview mic will be all jacked up. 

If you haven't seen it... interview audio is horrible...

• Haha 2

You would think a huge man like Becton would have a proportionately huge knee. but nooooooooooooo.

Anyhoot, look on the bright side: We seem to be stacked and well rounded. Theres a draft next year and we got an extra 2nd and a LT will be addressed and life will be peachey

16 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

If they sign Brown he is starting over Herbig.   I think the problem with Brown is more that he will want $10M+ than his play at T.  That and the suspension he will presumably see.

Suspension? 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

You would think a huge man like Becton would have a proportionately huge knee. but nooooooooooooo.

Anyhoot, look on the bright side: We seem to be stacked and well rounded. Theres a draft next year and we got an extra 2nd and a LT will be addressed and life will be peachey

Soft tissue is soft. Kris Jenkins same deal.