DE Jason Pierre-Paul

WR Emmanuel Sanders

WR TY Hilton

CB Chris Harris Jr

S Landon Collins

DT Sheldon Richardson

Is Fisher healty?

25 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Perine signed to Eagles practice squad.  Nice move by the eagles.  I still think Perine can play in the league and will prove that.

maybe, but he was not a good fit for the offense, my sister is a Gators fan so just loves him - really like Knight, however.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, NamathToSauer said:

Bad move. I made about $600 selling old cards from the 70's on ebay a few years back

Welcome to my life.   In the 70s, while I was at college, my mom pitched a massive trove on my old comics.  I still think about the "what if".  The Strat-O-Matic cards was my blunder.

Congrats on making the cash on eBay.   Good for you, man.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Alka said:

Look at it this way, Max.  If the Jets didn't select Sauce with the 4th overall pick, he would be starting right now for the NY Giants.  And, then we could still have Pinnock on our roster.  LOL

Good point.

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

Huh?

Reed is 25, Whitehead is 25. You can consider them vets but they aren't old...they have only been in the league 4 years.

Hall and Echols are 24, MC II is 23, Sauce is a rook. This is the definition of a developing secondary.

The only true, unquestioned veteran at the tail end of his career is Joyner.  

I was referring to developing the young DBs drafted/signed last year.  Reed and Whitehead are already developed for the most part.  
I’m not complaining that we have young, developed players, I just question last year’s plan for the secondary.  It seems even worse in retrospect.

If we were gonna spend on Reed/Whitehead and take Sauce with a super high pick, then last year’s Secondary Development Plan was obviously not great idea.  It woulda been nice to have some more young OL depth from last year’s later rounds/UDFA instead of DBs who would get cut/thrown to the PS.

2 hours ago, Skeptable said:

Parks beat Pinnock... Curry goes on IR and they bring parks up.... simple

Sure but Parks has been in the league for 6 years vs Pinnock who was just a rookie last year, recently made a position change, looked fairly good in the real games he played in last year and took a good number of reps with the 1s during training camp when Joyner was out.

Where do Davis and Adams come into play?

19 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

I was referring to developing the young DBs drafted/signed last year.  Reed and Whitehead are already developed for the most part.  
I’m not complaining that we have young, developed players, I just question last year’s plan for the secondary.  It seems even worse in retrospect.

If we were gonna spend on Reed/Whitehead and take Sauce with a super high pick, then last year’s Secondary Development Plan was obviously not great idea.  It woulda been nice to have some more young OL depth from last year’s later rounds/UDFA instead of DBs who would get cut/thrown to the PS.

Last year's plan was to throw sh*t at the wall and see what sticks.  Now, we are seeing. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

Welcome to my life.   In the 70s, while I was at college, my mom pitched a massive trove on my old comics.  I still think about the "what if".  The Strat-O-Matic cards was my blunder.

Congrats on making the cash on eBay.   Good for you, man.

We've all made those mistakes. Still kinda regret selling the 72 nfl set. Namath had his last big year. Was fun having him throw bombs to Caster and Bell

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Sure but Parks has been in the league for 6 years vs Pinnock who was just a rookie last year, recently made a position change, looked fairly good in the real games he played in last year and took a good number of reps with the 1s during training camp when Joyner was out.

Where do Davis and Adams come into play?

And pinnock was nowhere good as you think he was. Davis will be replaced... the roster is not final and Parks will come up

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

I’m not sure I understand this reasoning. 

With respect to option 1: Just because you MIGHT have a bunch of borderline NFL players at the bottom of your roster doesn’t mean that your roster is “loaded” - loaded rosters tend to have a few blue chip players at premium positions. It remains to be seen if the Jets actually have that. 

50 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I’m not sure I understand this reasoning. 

With respect to option 1: Just because you MIGHT have a bunch of borderline NFL players at the bottom of your roster doesn’t mean that your roster is “loaded” - loaded rosters tend to have a few blue chip players at premium positions. It remains to be seen if the Jets actually have that. 

Yeah but they didn’t put a single claim in either. 

Star Wars GIF

1 hour ago, SickJetFan said:

Part of each, they have added a lot of talent via high picks thus players get pushed down.  They also have a problem with evaluating talent.

Please explain to me how Vinny Curry warrants a roster spot ahead of any of the guys that got claimed.  Hell the fact we made no claims while curry gloms onto a roster spot is puzzling.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

The Jets drafted 3 DBs last year - Carter, Echols, & Pinnock. Carter is our slot CB and Echols is a depth piece with starting experience. That's doing pretty good with 4th & 6th round picks

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Part of each, they have added a lot of talent via high picks thus players get pushed down.  They also have a problem with evaluating talent.

Please explain to me how Vinny Curry warrants a roster spot ahead of any of the guys that got claimed.  Hell the fact we made no claims while curry gloms onto a roster spot is puzzling.

because Clemons told them too and nobody wanted to ask why

• Haha 4

20 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

The Jets drafted 3 DBs last year - Carter, Echols, & Pinnock. Carter is our slot CB and Echols is a depth piece with starting experience. That's doing pretty good with 4th & 6th round picks

Right.  We drafted 3 and 2 have stuck.  I think they (and Hall) also were worse than hoped which led to the upgrades.  If they hadn't drafted Sauce they'd probably have kept Pinnock or Dunn.  Would that make anyone feel better about the plan?  It certainly would not make the secondary better.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Not to get into a whole thing here, but Im not sure I agree with you here. 

Last year the Jets drafted Echols, Pinnock and Carter II as far as secondary players (Sherwood and Nas were LBs). None were elite talents. Echols and Carter II showed promise and are still very much part of the plan. Pinnock was cut as he did not work out at CB or S. That just happens. The Jets needed better talent at CB and they got it by signing Reed and drafting Sauce. By doing that you can argue they are on track to go from one of the youngest and worst secondaries to one of the youngest and best secondaries in the NFL. Who exactly (other than Pinnock) got cut that you are so worried about? Who exactly would we have drafted instead at OL in the bottom of Rd. 5 (in hindsight) that would have been so critical to our depth?   

Seems like an odd argument. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

15 hours ago, Larz said:

Yeah but they didn’t put a single claim in either. 

Star Wars GIF

Right  . . . and? 

I just don't think much can be gleamed about a roster from the bottom of the barrel. 

The Jets could certainly have no idea what they are doing (this would be consistent with history!), but having 7 players claimed off waivers isn't really evidence of that.