<<<<<<< Jets vs Ravens -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

2 minutes ago, jj71787 said:

It sucks being a jet fan. Game 1 and you already see same old jets. Questionable play call, flacco holding onto the ball, idiotic penalties. 

I had no expectations going into the season and still feel like a fool believing, but if we play this way consistently, we can't win

Relax.  It’s one game and it’s not over 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Gonna be honest and say that we don't look that bad. It actually seems like we're a QB away from really competing in this game, which is a huge upgrade from years past. 

Disagree about being a QB away. Much more ails the Jets offense than the QB position. Brady could be running this offense and it'd suck.

• Upvote 2

I remember when the rapist from Buffalo punted in the pre season from just about the same spot as Mann just did.

He kicked it 70+ yds in the air but it rolled into the endzone for a touchback.  It was a net 62 yd punt.

I posted the highlight disgusted that the Bills have a legit weapon at a punter (obviously didn't know anything about the whole rapey raper thing).

Of course, somebody hear was quick to comment that Brandon Mann could do that and that it wasn't a good punt anyway because it ended up a touchback and the purpose of punting is pin them inside the 20.

Whoever that was needs a swift kick right in the nads.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He clearly prefers the left side. We can blame Fant for this all day, but this is 10000000% on Douglas wasting two years with Becton. 

I’d agree if they were actually in a LT competition.  Fant is currently playing the position he spent all of last year, and the the vast majority of the summer, playing.  Brown didn’t even really start practicing until the week of the 2nd preseason game.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CanadaSteve said:

Do they NOT call offensive holding anymore in the NFL?

2 years ago now I believe they released a 'guidance' or whatever to reduce the number of offensive holding penalties. I forget exactly what it is, but now it has to be something like "Blatant and hindering the defender" or some crap. 

1 minute ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Flacco sucking isn't mutually exclusive with the oline giving up pressure. It's very easy to yank the old washed up QB for which you have little to nothing to show so far on offense, and put in a young guy who at worst provides the same results.

White would suck too.  Look I understand White has become a folk hero to some fans because he had one good game against the Bengals who were probably hung over but the oline would kill him too 

• Upvote 3

random thoughts so far…

jets defense has been a pleasant surprise. They look pretty damn good so far today. 

Breece and Carter is going to be a deadly combo in the near future

And I know this will sound crazy because the offense is playing like sh*t. But we have more total yards than the ravens. Difference is the ravens are always starting with way better field position. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1