Rhule Fired

2 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I said like 4 weeks ago he would get fired this year, he was utterly clueless. And his personality just rubs me the same way. When you hire a coach because he interviewed after he brought in groceries you have to ask yourself what in all fu-uck does that have to do with football. Glad to see him canned. If he said that Tepper should be very slow in paying him. Eff this guy. Single handedly ended both Sam's and Baker's careers (no they are not good but tell me someone like Reid or Daboll wouldn't have gotten anything oout of them

Didn’t he sign Robbie as well?

the same Robbie who didn’t fight for a td catch in yesterday’s game?

we have seen that before somewhere

15 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

So weird. That's all he was touted for. Changing the culture. 

The guy must be miserable but isn't that seven year contract guaranteed?  Now he can sit and collect his huge contract while he waits for an interesting college offer.  Doesn't sound so bad.  But right about now, Denzel has to be wondering who the hell is going to trade for him.

1 minute ago, playtowinthegame said:

You shoulda put Baker Mayfield on that horse. He's the mouth most responsible for getting Rhule fired this season.

The Panthers found the only way to stop CMAC - and DJ Moore - this season.  Faker Mayfield.  That is the most inept offense in the NFL - worse than the Bears. The Bears have so few weapons. The Panthers have the most dynamic RB in football and a #1 WR in Moore and can't still can't move the ball at all.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

You shoulda put Baker Mayfield on that horse. He's the mouth most responsible for getting Rhule fired this season.

That’s checkers, playtowinthegame… checkers.

Who was so bad that Baker Mayfield was there in the 1st place?  Who was so terrible that the team would rather pay 18M to not play, behind a guy another team wanted rid of so bad the brought in a sexual predator to play?

The coachslayer doesn’t play checkers.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

The Panthers found the only way to stop CMAC - and DJ Moore - this season.  Faker Mayfield.  That is the most inept offense in the NFL - worse than the Bears. The Bears have so few weapons. The Panthers have the most dynamic RB in football and a #1 WR in Moore and can't still can't move the ball at all.  

Here is an issue I have with owners despite sort of getting the logic. It was very obvious last year that Rhule neeed to go but like most owners they sort of throw good money after bad and keep him and now the Panthers are in never never land. I expect they play better under pretty much any interim head coach but then they will move away from that guy too. Just rip the band aid off and move on.

8 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

I wonder if the new HC - Defensive passing game coordinator/secondary coach Steve Wilks has been named as Rhule’s replacement as interim head coach for the remainder of the campaign - sticks with Baker or gives Darnold another shot.

Darnold is actually 3rd on the depth chart.

LOL yeah... I know..☺

PJ Walker is next man up.

12 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

You’re the guy who thought Sam Darnold would be a top 5 QB…. So excuse me for not paying your ensuing QB evaluations any mind

18 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Right guy, right horse. Paying Darnold 18 mil is proof a HC doesn’t have a clue.

Poor Baker. The guy finally gets out of the Cleveland circus, and ends up in a bigger one.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

That’s checkers, playtowinthegame… checkers.

Who was so bad that Baker Mayfield was there in the 1st place?  Who was so terrible that the team would rather pay 18M to not play, behind a guy another team wanted rid of so bad the brought in a sexual predator to play?

The coachslayer doesn’t play checkers.

Darnold was his first QB mistake, but Baker Mayfield was without a doubt the last and fatal mistake for Matt Rhule in Carolina. Baker Mayfield has been the starting quarterback for 3 NFL head coaches who have been fired: Hue Jackson, Freddie Kitchens, and now Matt Rhule. Baker is very dangerous...

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

You’re the guy who thought Sam Darnold would be a top 5 QB…. So excuse me for not paying your ensuing QB evaluations any mind

I was happy they drafted Darnold, along with quite a few other fans and pundits.  I admit that.  I was wrong to be positive (although I don't recall ever predicting top 5 status - potential franchise QB yes). I was also never sold on Josh Allen coming out of Wyoming (and after his first NFL season).  I admit I was wrong there as well. After that, I have repeatedly said that I will not make any personal evaluations or state preferences for QBs entering the draft.  I stuck to that in 2021.  

But anybody can see that Mayfield is a train wreck in 2022 and that was my point.  If you think otherwise, go ahead and make the case for Faker.  

5 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Darnold was his first QB mistake, but Baker Mayfield was without a doubt the last and fatal mistake for Matt Rhule in Carolina. Baker Mayfield has been the starting quarterback for 3 NFL head coaches who have been fired: Hue Jackson, Freddie Kitchens, and now Matt Rhule. Baker is very dangerous...

You're not permitted to make this statement if you were wrong about some QB coming out of college in the past per our resident QB expert Green Ghost.  

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Rumors that there is a fire sale happening down in CAR, JD get on the phone 

Teams calling about DJ Moore etc ?

whats the point when Zach is going to throw it to him 2 times a game. im afraid that yesterday's game with the... run...run..run and make Zach throw it as little as possible will be the gameplan going forward. if that happens its such a waste of a talented WR group that we ever had.

• Haha 1

My favorite thing about this thread is going to be the dumba... er i mean wonderful folks who come out to fight about which horrible QB doesnt actually suck... Faker vs. The Samchise...

They are both bad... Rhule thought he could make everyone elses trash his treasure and now he gets to live it up with Gase in the Jobless but rich and DGAF lane.

Way to waste a bunch of McCaffery's prime years.