Going to rain like cats and dogs tomorrow

kevinc855

The weather looks BAD. Thoughts on how this may effect game 
Was always going to be a heavy run game because the chi town pass defense is very good .. 4th I believe. Their run defense is the worst in the league.

So the weather situation will all but guarantee that premise.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I never got the expression “rain like cats and dogs”.

I read somewhere many years ago that it had to do with pets staying on the roof of their homes many years ago and slipping/falling off the roof when it rained.  Could be total BS.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Lith said:

See Bear QB tae a shot to the left shoulder and go to the injury tent.

I don’t think that will affect Siemian much. 
You need to kick him in the scrotum to eliminate production. ?

@Adam Schefter

Justin Fields, listed as questionable for Sunday due to his separated shoulder, is not expected to play vs. the Jets, per sources. Bears are expected to start QB Trevor Siemian, and the team also promoted Nathan Peterman from the practice squad Saturday to serve as the backup QB.

Edited by 32EBoozer

Cats and dogs” may come from the Greek expression cata doxa, which means “contrary to experience or belief.” If it is raining cats and dogs, it is raining unusually or unbelievably hard. “Cats and dogs” may be a perversion of the now obsolete word catadupe. In old English, catadupe meant a cataract or waterfall.

The phrase 'raining cats and dogs' was coined by Thomas Chandler Haliburton, a Nova Scotian Judge and Author who was the creator of the fictional character "Sam Slick". Slick was a Yankee Clockpeddlar from whose mouth Haliburton was able to poke fun and try to stimulate his fellow Nova Scotians beginning in 1836. Other axioms coined by Haliburton that have become commonplace in everyday speech in several English speaking countries are: truth is stranger than fiction, upper crust, quick as a wink, six of one, half a dozen of the other, the early bird gets the worm, jack of all trades and master of none, barking up the wrong tree and others. The first of his 11 books was 'The Clockmaker' which I believe is still in print, but I have not been able to locate any of the others.

• Upvote 1