Can Zach win back his job Sunday?

7 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

When will the CS admit they are out of the playoffs? A loss this Sunday will certainly speed up that process.  If that happens I think they keep Zach in the remainder of the season, regardless whether he’s horrible or not.  Hard to see Mike White playing another game this year.

By no means is this the Jets mindset. They are going to be playing through the final week. Only way they figure they're out is if they lose the next 2 straight. 

• Upvote 3

He doesn't need to win it back, the NFL mindtrust just handed it back to him. Mike White does not keep eyes on the Thursday night money game paid and sponsored for by Amazon. Zachie poo vs Trevor keeps non-Jets or Jax fans interested. Number 1 pick vs number 2 fighting for the playoffs. WWE at its finest. I am pissed, if White actually fractured a rib, they would have saw it on Sunday, and he should have never been let back into that game.

• Thumb Down 1

14 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Zach will not have to win the #1 job.

If White indeed has fractured ribs, he’s done for what is left of 2022.

Zach gets the job by default.

I was going to post the same thing.

This is the sad truth. 

There is no longer QB controversy unless people want to debate Wilson vs. Flacco (or Strev). I don't see Mike White suiting up again with fractured ribs, unfortunately. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Zach will not have to win the #1 job.

If White indeed has fractured ribs, he’s done for what is left of 2022.

Zach gets the job by default.

I heard that it's 1-3 weeks. Then saw Cimini say 3-5. 

If he is done for the season, the messaging to Zach will not be that it's his job. I think they want to keep the carrot in front of him to make him play with some urgency and make him feel like his job is on the line. I also don't think there's anything Zach can do absent being lights out down the stretch to avoid a QB competition with White or another capable veteran 

27 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

He doesn't need to win it back, the NFL mindtrust just handed it back to him. Mike White does not keep eyes on the Thursday night money game paid and sponsored for by Amazon. Zachie poo vs Trevor keeps non-Jets or Jax fans interested. Number 1 pick vs number 2 fighting for the playoffs. WWE at its finest. I am pissed, if White actually fractured a rib, they would have saw it on Sunday, and he should have never been let back into that game.

So Jeff Bezos and JetBlue teamed up to sabotage Mike White’s ribs?!?! I KNEW IT!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

I heard that it's 1-3 weeks. Then saw Cimini say 3-5. 
If he is done for the season, the messaging to Zach will not be that it's his job. I think they want to keep the carrot in front of him to make him play with some urgency and make him feel like his job is on the line. I also don't think there's anything Zach can do absent being lights out down the stretch to avoid a QB competition with White or another capable veteran 

I think White misses at least the last 4 games. For now, Zach will most likely, barring horrendous play/injury, play the last 4. This is his time to validate his status, he will most certainly have to earn the starting job next season. Vet is brought in and drafting a rookie mid rounds.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jetsons said:

Can Zach win back his job Sunday?...

I hate to burst anyone's bubble but Zach Never "lost" his job... He was Always going to be starting again this season... just as Saleh said in his original press conference when he stated Zach would be given a reset... This was the plan from the beginning, the Only one who could have changed that was Mike White... & he didn't. 

Mike Whote did change it

Saleh said after the game he would remain the starter this week. If not for injury, Zach is still on the bench and I am sure he would have stayed there for the rest of the season. This is not a reset. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TNJet said:

No chance, the boo buttons will be off the charts for this kid. And Zach listens to outside noises thats his bratty personality. He'll be boo'd at every bad pass he makes and we all know he makes tons of those. White is the guy this year and even the players know it.

Just adding this here but would be nice though that since we likely have to bring up DL Smart that the 2nd player we bring up is QB Strev and this time make him active. Heck, playoffs are on the line and if Zack got hurt and Flacco is his usual ineffective self only Strev could save the day.

The reality is that during the next two years, Zach Wilson will be either QB1A or QB1B of the Jets through 2024.  

Having another decent QB on the roster is basically a necessity.

The question is whether JD concludes the same thing, and how much he ponies up for another QB.

The easy answer in a perverted way would be to Franchise MFW, but given the three games he played this year I don't know if that happens.  

4 hours ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Is there a scenario where he plays so well you start him Thursday even if white is 100% cleared? 

Absolutely. It won't just be stats. This will be an eye test. Zach will need to have a great game, he will need to look confident and in complete control of the offense. the offense will need to look crisp and the Jets will need to win the game. Probably in decisive fashion I would add.

Its a lot to ask and I highly doubt it will happen considering how he looked most of the season. But its far, far from impossible. The coaching staff is rooting for him. JD is praying he turns things around. He's got the talent if that lightbulb finally goes on and he starts seeing the field better and reading defenses quicker (even if he throws the occasional terribly inaccurate pass) and he should have been humbled by the recent benching- that almost always makes you a better player and a better leader.   

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, varjet said:

The reality is that during the next two years, Zach Wilson will be either QB1A or QB1B of the Jets through 2024.  

Having another decent QB on the roster is basically a necessity.

The question is whether JD concludes the same thing, and how much he ponies up for another QB.

The easy answer in a perverted way would be to Franchise MFW, but given the three games he played this year I don't know if that happens.  

Way too much money for that to happen. $29,703,000. If MW doesn't come back this year do you really think the JETs are going to pay this amount? On top of that they would have to pay ZW. 

4 hours ago, Green Truth said:

Zach will start Thursday, Amazon paid big money for Thursday night football and I believe, they want the Lawrence vs Zach narrative for the Jax game. The Thursday night games have been bad, and its all about eyeballs watching #1 draft pick vs number 2.

then why would they want Zach. White is more exciting throwing for 300 yds and completing downfield passes. you think they want Zach to air mail screen passes comp 55% for 150 yds? 

4 hours ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Is there a scenario where he plays so well you start him Thursday even if white is 100% cleared? 

Yea so Woody marries this hot MILF on Saturday, who then seduces Zach at the wedding party. Zach starts Sunday, since White is not ready to resume QB duties.  Jets win but Zach plays Ehhhhhhhh/Peewwwww. White has now fully recovered by Tuesday, ready to go Thursday.  Woody's new wife then demands Woody tell Saleh he must start Zach on Thursday OR she will divorce him for everything he's got, including the Jets. Yea I can see that scenario happening 100%.  

33 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Just adding this here but would be nice though that since we likely have to bring up DL Smart that the 2nd player we bring up is QB Strev and this time make him active. Heck, playoffs are on the line and if Zack got hurt and Flacco is his usual ineffective self only Strev could save the day.

they will never carry 3 QBs. they cant. they need that spot for ST. 

i remember they asked someone that question a while back and they said that we carry an extra DL for the rotation we have and we cant afford it unless Strev can play ST they wont call him up

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Mike Whote did change it

Saleh said after the game he would remain the starter this week. If not for injury, Zach is still on the bench and I am sure he would have stayed there for the rest of the season. This is not a reset. 

right!

i cant believe some people think that Zach fixed his sh*t in 3 weeks. but the bar is so low for him a 140 yd no INT game with 55% completions will be considered a good game by some here.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, jetsons said:

I hate to burst anyone's bubble but Zach Never "lost" his job... He was Always going to be starting again this season... just as Saleh said in his original press conference when he stated Zach would be given a reset... This was the plan from the beginning, the Only one who could have changed that was Mike White... & he didn't. 

I don't agree.

I think this is still Mike White's team, and it should be, the rest of the year.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

I hate to burst your delusional bubble, but Zach LOST his job because he sucked an immeasurable amount of a**.  Anyone with a functional brain understands this.  Your statement makes zero sense.

That's because you obviously don't understand basic management 101.... mw did not Distinguish himself enough to win the job which he would have had to do to replace Zach... The QB job was not Zach's to lose, he was the #2 pick of the new regime's tenure, replacing the #3 QB pick of the previous regime... he's not going anywhere, yet... This had everything to do with mw winning the QB position & he did not... be it for injury or otherwise. 

1 hour ago, jetsons said:

That's because you obviously don't understand basic management 101.... mw did not Distinguish himself enough to win the job which he would have had to do to replace Zach... The QB job was not Zach's to lose, he was the #2 pick of the new regime's tenure, replacing the #3 QB pick of the previous regime... he's not going anywhere, yet... This had everything to do with mw winning the QB position & he did not... be it for injury or otherwise. 

But the only reason we are even talking about Mike White is because Zach lost the starting job.

1 hour ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

But the only reason we are even talking about Mike White is because Zach lost the starting job.

Zach was given a "reset" which thanks to mw's injury has him starting probably sooner than what was anticipated... either way he was going to start again this season... 

8 hours ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

White won't be ready for Thursday. The front office needs their#2 pick to go up against Lawrence in prime time, that's what this is really about.  It's a win/ win for Wilson. If he plays sh*tty the Jets will be 0-2"and the playoffs are gone so they'll  just let him play the season out. If he plays average and their 1-1 or even 0-2 they'll day he improving and they want to continue to develop him. If he plays great regardless of record he'll be the QB going forward. 

No matter how ZW and/or the team perform Mike White will not see the field again this year barring injury. 

8 hours ago, jetsons said:

LOL playing infinitely better than Wilson just wasn't enough for the poor guy . . .

5 minutes ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

I don’t see it. Zach is, and probably should be, relegated to the bench for the remainder of the year. He’s playing because #1 can’t go and because Flacco is done. 

But this only holds true if he doesn't play well on Sunday.  If by some miracle he does, I can't imagine they don't have him starting on Thursday . . .

• Upvote 1

You’d think if Zach is ok to good it will open up a true Qb competition in training camp next year. You need at least two QBs Zach is still on a rookie salary. If Zach sucks they might try to get rid of him. He isn’t a UFA until 2026 and makes between 6-11 per. Btw White makes 2.5 in 2022 and is a UFA in ‘23. If he re-signs with Jets expect him to make a lot more. 

10 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Good chance Zach simply conforms what we all suspect.   2 weeks off and he still plays scared.  

Be interesting if plays like he is fighting for his job, as MW did or if he believes deep down that this was just a limp timeout and he’s still the man in NY.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

You’d think if Zach is ok to good it will open up a true Qb competition in training camp next year. You need at least two QBs Zach is still on a rookie salary. If Zach sucks they might try to get rid of him. He isn’t a UFA until 2026 and makes between 6-11 per. Btw White makes 2.5 in 2022 and is a UFA in ‘23. If he re-signs with Jets expect him to make a lot more. 

They already stacked the deck last two years so BYU could knock over some tomato cans in camp to “build his confidence.” Then all three tomato cans outperformed him…

He needs more than a 3 week benching to even have a tiny, tiny shot of fixing what is wrong.