Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

50 minutes ago, JTJet said:

At this point its lining up to be announced on the McAfee show tomorrow. 

Has it been announced he’s on it?

Because his last appearance a few weeks ago he thanked the show and said that was it until maybe next season. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

This is playing out exactly like all the Jet haters dreamed.

All the other legit options fly off the board as Woody continues to chase a HOF QB who wants nothing to do with them.

Even MFW is gone.

The Packers are in position to demand even more now because the Jets are running out of fallback options.

The smart move would be to sign Lamar.  But Woody isn’t smart.

As of right now, the Jets QB room consists of 1 person:

Nervous Jets GIF by The Undroppables

So you’re concerned that we now have to give up too much for Rodgers?

But the smartest move is to pursue a different player that requires at least 2 1st round picks as compensation and a mega deal??

I’m sorry I don’t follow.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JetPotato said:

The guy that spilled it has been dead on with his predictions. He says he knows the Jets made a 2nd deal today and his "guess" is that it's Cobb.

His information, which he claims is from the Jets, lines up exactly with what I've heard from a Rodgers ally.

You all heard me say it recently. Rodgers was very close to retirement. When the season ended, he was 99% there. The Jets convinced him otherwise. Hackett was as huge as you think.

Question: If the news about a second deal is correct, why hasn't it been announced?

Answer: Because of who they signed. That news would give away that Rodgers is a Jet.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rob Moore said:

So you’re concerned that we now have to give up too much for Rodgers?

But the smartest move is to pursue a different player that requires at least 2 1st round picks as compensation and a mega deal??

I’m sorry I don’t follow.

I think they will find a way to screw this up and end up with nothing.

I just dont understand what the hold up could be at this point.  Hes had months since the season ended, he knows the Jets roster, met the whole group when they flew out.  I just dont see how this isnt just his ego and nothing else....

4 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Has it been announced he’s on it?

Because his last appearance a few weeks ago he thanked the show and said that was it until maybe next season. 

No but it just makes sense. Who knows, maybe it was a misdirect from him. Not discounting anything at this point. 

3 minutes ago, football guy said:

I wouldn’t worry. I haven’t spoken to anyone since 4pm so I’m just speculating here, but when a guy with a big platform (Nania) accidently ousts someone on reddit who was leaking stuff it’s going to get the attention of the front office/security team. I think Jets are trying to keep everything locked right and my guess is they told the players to STFU until Aaron makes his announcement 

That guy was legit and he exposed him . 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

No but it just makes sense. Who knows, maybe it was a misdirect from him. Not discounting anything at this point. 

He was only on it during the season. McAfee didn’t even have the day right when AR was to start his darkness retreat. 

5 minutes ago, football guy said:

I wouldn’t worry. I haven’t spoken to anyone since 4pm so I’m just speculating here, but when a guy with a big platform (Nania) accidently ousts someone on reddit who was leaking stuff it’s going to get the attention of the front office/security team. I think Jets are trying to keep everything locked right and my guess is they told the players to STFU until Aaron makes his announcement 

Why does it matter who the freak makes the announcement

And why would the Packers care about secrecy if it a “done deal”?

5 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I think they will find a way to screw this up and end up with nothing.

We’re all worried about that, but we just  gotta let it play out and trust that we’re making the right call and we’ve got the right people to execute it.  Our resident board insiders say we got it under control….I’m trusting them .

14 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

This is playing out exactly like all the Jet haters dreamed.

All the other legit options fly off the board as Woody continues to chase a HOF QB who wants nothing to do with them.

Even MFW is gone.

The Packers are in position to demand even more now because the Jets are running out of fallback options.

The smart move would be to sign Lamar.  But Woody isn’t smart.

As of right now, the Jets QB room consists of 1 person:

Nervous Jets GIF by The Undroppables

I hate it because you just know MW is gonna rip us apart next year but when I read the news, I had to give them props.I think that was a great signing for them. You have no idea what Tua's future is. Even assuming he continues to play (I think he would be stupid) you know he's going to miss a chunk(s) of the season. MW gives you a legit viable option when he is inevitably needed and have a good chance of helping you not waste a playoff caliber roster when Tua goes down. I'd guess they probably have a relatively easy out after the first year if they needed to. 

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Rodgers is consciously and specifically freezing Schefter and Rapoport out of the process, which is why you are panicking.

100% and these two munchers have tentacles all over the NFL…..which means he is freezing the league and I’m loving every minute of it and liking him more and more. 

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, Titan24 said:

100% and these two munchers have tentacles all over the NFL…..which means he is freezing the league and I’m loving every minute of it and liking him more and more. 

Yes but he’s made his point. Come home now A-Aron

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

What players?

Exactly - do we care if we miss out on the contracts given to Mike McGlinchy and Tremaine Edmunds?

Rodgers changes us from a meh, middling team with nothing at quarterback, to a serious contender. 

Let's not worry. There's been enough leaks and hints today from people that have been reliable in the past that the deal is done.

But if it goes south, we storm the Bastille. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I’m not exactly sure what this process is? 

The process whereby a player signs on with another team and the agent or the PA rep runs to Schefter/Rapoport to announce the signing and Schefter/Rapoport pretend that they got the info via intense legwork. Seeing as how this is a trade scenario with, presumably, no new money, the motivation to run to Schefter is greatly diminished. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Mogglez said:

No idea whether or not players were told, but I’m sticking by my contacts (who have talked me off the ledge 7-8 times today.)

Would really suck to be wrong, but my anxious ass has been told to relax.

Honestly right now…..your posts carry a ton more weight than those on the big networks….a few on this board have earned that 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1