### The Official Draft Day One Discussion Thread ###

Maxman

6 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

This . They weren’t going to use another 1st rounder on an OL.  The team needs pass rushers.  

Is that why it took 10 minutes to make the pick.

JD (I love him overall) obviously got punked and the Steelers just got even when we jumped then for Revis. 

I’m devastated. I am.

Just now, football guy said:

I don’t think the Jets truly anticipated this result. Had mentioned in the draft forum that they were extremely high on Will McDonald and wouldn’t rule him out if all the tackles were gone. Jets stuck to their board but damn the pick swap really ****ed them

I had a feeling they were going D tonight.  Is it a foregone conclusion they take a center tomorrow?

The player himself?  He may be okay but this is a deep edge draft, and we simply rotate so much we are not getting a guy that will play 3 downs, Pick a  player that actually plays all the frigging snaps.

This is looking like when Tanny pandered to rex 90% of the time.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The Jets are going to score a lot of points this year and they’ll want to sack the other QB to end the game. Edge rusher is a good pick here

Waste of a pick he will be ******* 30 when you need to decide if you want to pick up his 5th year.  How do you not take that into account?

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, football guy said:

I don’t think the Jets truly anticipated this result. Had mentioned in the draft forum that they were extremely high on Will McDonald and wouldn’t rule him out if all the tackles were gone. Jets stuck to their board but damn the pick swap really ****ed them

Should have moved back with the Giants then, or someone else.

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Have to say Joe Douglas has TomShane and Matt liking this pick. I am being serious, that has me pumped.

Kid can play, not concerned in a vacuum. We lost games because of our offense though… so, holistically it seems ill-informed. 

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, David Harris said:

Is that why it took 10 minutes to make the pick.

JD (I love him overall) obviously got punned and the Steelers just got even when we jumped then for Revis. 

I’m devastated. I am.

Probably debated if it was worth trading back or sticking to the board.  

We knew they were going d either tonight or tomorrow.  Now they’re probably taking a center tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Jets723 said:

The pick swap was a mistake and there was no need for it considering we gave them a first next year 

This is what happens when the staff are putting their job security ahead of the team. Green Bay could smell the desperation miles away and played Douglas for a fool. 

He may get his brief run of success with Rodgers but after that the Jets are f*cked. At least he’ll probably get himself a new contract in the mean time. That’s what matters.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Kid can play, not concerned in a vacuum. We lost games because of our offense though… so, holistically it seems ill-informed. 

Corey Davis is such a wild card for the offense. I was sure he was getting cut but then you look at his salary and with the WR market exploding it isn't bad.

Can he develop some chemistry with Aaron and have a bounce back year?

• Upvote 1

the pick got a "who?" response from me, but can't really be that upset with someone that tied the big 12 record for sacks.  i would have been happy with nolan smith.  obviously the jets like mcdonald better as an edge rusher.  i'm not gonna pretend i know more than them in their evaluations.  

7 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

at least it's not a TE

Well, LB is/was a need, so at least there is that. But I’ll continue to say this O isn’t close to good enough as-is to compete for a SB even with Rodgers. We need more but I fear JD thinks arodgers is in fact a savior fox-all and the rest are fine. Guess we’ll see.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The player himself?  He may be okay but this is a deep edge draft, and we simply rotate so much we are not getting a guy that will play 3 downs, Pick a  player that actually plays all the frigging snaps.

This is looking like when Tanny pandered to rex 90% of the time.

Hes 24, small, with a mediocre 40 time.

Freaking joke.