### The Official Draft Day One Discussion Thread ###

Maxman

Just now, Mogglez said:

“StAy ThE cOuRsE jOe!!!!!11!”

I feel like Bill Belichick was reading all the posts by the schlemiels this week who were yelling at everyone that draft slots don't matter and he just decided to troll us all. I know I'm making this up but I truly believe that's what happened.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, the Claw said:

I dunno. I like it. Hehe. The D has lacked a consistent pass rush. They were over rated last year and this makes the line very interesting. Get the ball back to Rogers. It’s an odd choice, but I like it.

This is the guy they’re going to rotate with huff.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, football guy said:

I don’t think the Jets truly anticipated this result. Had mentioned in the draft forum that they were extremely high on Will McDonald and wouldn’t rule him out if all the tackles were gone. Jets stuck to their board but damn the pick swap really ****ed them

Sadly that's only the beginning of how this trade ****ed them. Just wait until this time next year when Rodgers is retired and we'll watch the entire first round go by without a player.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, football guy said:

I don’t think the Jets truly anticipated this result. Had mentioned in the draft forum that they were extremely high on Will McDonald and wouldn’t rule him out if all the tackles were gone. Jets stuck to their board but damn the pick swap really ****ed them

Joe was asked if was concerned about NE picking in front of him:

”No. Not at all. No.”

• Upvote 1

Was quietly hoping that we'd take Gonzalez. Perhaps Gonzalez didn't fit the scheme that Saleh wants to run, but having two young, cost-controlled corners would have been huge. Hopefully Gonzalez going to the Patriots doesn't torture us for years. Don't know what to think about the actual pick, because I've never heard of him.

1 minute ago, jetblue95 said:

the pick got a "who?" response from me, but can't really be that upset with someone that tied the big 12 record for sacks.  i would have been happy with nolan smith.  obviously the jets like mcdonald better as an edge rusher.  i'm not gonna pretend i know more than them in their evaluations.  

I don’t think he is a bad player it just seems obvious they wanted a tackle in particular Jones 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Every year the masses here think we know better than the scouts and coaching staff.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

It's on record here that a lot of posters did better on picks in the 2020 draft than JD. Just because he has the job is not proof of anything regarding a better knowledge in regards to picking players. When he gets let go though, that will be proof.

12 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Just beyond brutal

we trade up for a pass rusher last year

We drafted clemons

We resigned huff

Welcome to your nice pass rush win rate and your 42 % of D snaps next year.

Total brain dead pick.

And to top it off he'll only get 20% of the snaps

• Upvote 1

From the wiz

27. WILL MCDONALD - Iowa St. - EDGE- Another Speed demon off the edge. And again with fantastic blood lines. He played light so when he gets stronger watch out.

seems like a need reach but if they stayed with their board and he was BPA it is what it is. 

look on the bright side, they will pick up bectons 5th year option now ! 

Deutschland 83 Running GIF by SundanceTV

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, extmenace said:

Belicheck was next level there.

he not only prevented the tackle from being drafted, he also took away the trade down option. 

well played bill, well played.

A lot of you guys go overboard with this bellycheck hysteria.
I really doubt that he spends his time thinking about how he can screw the Jets