Report: Jets to Reduce Hackett Role

13 minutes ago, Vader said:

Like, is Hackett the only coach that Rodgers could work with? Rodgers x Arthur Smith or Rodgers x Harbaugh would be interesting collabs. 

Problem with cleaning house is it's possibly a better the devil you know than the devil you don't know thing.

Who do you give the HC job to? You would assume it's going to be the singular point of contact with Rodgers, and "play calls" even though Rodgers will be largely calling that. 

You could have fired Saleh and brought in Harbaugh to work with Rodgers and this defense /ST and bring in whomever he wants. Give him total control. 

All I know is that Hackett was an atrocious hire from day 1. I said as much here when half the board was saying “he’s not a good hc but he’s a great coordinator” 

Hackett has proved 1 thing to me. He sucks just as bad as his father. Maybe worse. 

as far as who to bring in as a head coach, there are plenty of good options out there. Can’t wait for the jets to pass on all of them for some sh*tty defensive coordinator and we can continue this endless cycle of ineptitude.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, LionelRichie said:

Jets couldn’t even wait for the NFL offseason for the wheels to completely fall off.  Love it 

You don't understand. The wheels come back on new and shiny during the offseason. They win the offseason every time.Jets just lost their turbodiesel out of the back of the bus. They're gonna need a hell of an offseason to sate the masses now.

8 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The start of the offseason has been:

-Saleh is pathetic

-The Jets are admitting their OC stinks

-We desperately need to upgrade the OL and WRs

But it was all ZW's fault!!!

LOL, for a 24 year old from Utah he sure is an evil genius….odds on him replacing Javier Bardem or Christoph Waltz as the baddie in the next James Bond movie must be pretty short by now!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I say we bring in joe judge and matt patricia to be co offensive coordinators.

At this point I’m holding out for Warfish & Football Guy to get the ‘collaborative’ OC gig….we should at least be fun to watch on the sidelines 

• Haha 2

There is zero chance of Reich coming here to babysit Hackett. There is an almost zero chance of him coming here as an OC.

Tepper owes Reich $27M over the next three years.

Earn $9M a year working for the doomed Jets' regime, or earn $9M a year staying at home with your wife and spending time with your grandkids. Tough choice.

Reich is 62 years old and is essentially in a very well-paid retirement. Maybe he could be coaxed out of it for a HC job, but not for anything less.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

The ol report of a report. 

I was skimming the article to see if it actually says anything new, but its literally 1000 words describing 5 words from another article. Hopefully Porkrass has a dayjob.

I think it’s awesome that Douglas couldn’t get Woody to pony up another $3 mil to trade for a QB2 when Rodgers went down last season, but Woody is so stupid that he’s going to let Douglas add another failed coordinator contract to pile on to the other two failed offensive coordinator contracts already on the staff.

1. Jets sell fanbase on yet another season with the sh*tty QB

2. Jets disappoint 

3. Jets assure fanbase that last season was circumstantial and running it all back is the right move because things will be better next time. 

4. Jets scapegoat offensive coordinator right around the Super Bowl give or take a few weeks. 

This train is never late. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

1. Jets sell fanbase on yet another season with the sh*tty QB

2. Jets disappoint 

3. Jets assure fanbase that last season was circumstantial and running it all back is the right move because things will be better next time. 

4. Jets scapegoat offensive coordinator right around the Super Bowl give or take a few weeks. 

This train is never late. 

Step 6 of this is when the Jets have to use more first round picks to replace the bust first round picks for the same positions over and over. Used to be for DL and safety but now it’s OL.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, y2k8 said:

It doesn't really matter who the OC is as long as #8 plays. 

It only matters when he doesn't.

As we found out in slow, excruciating fashion this year.

Agreed… the reports about AR exposing our 1st team D after his return to practice gave me the hope that next season could be the sea change we have been hoping for. 

Unless JD nails FA & this draft, obtaining an immediate impact OT & G + a solid #1/#2 type receiver then even vintage AR won’t be able to end our suffering.

13 hours ago, bicketybam said:
13 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:
The start of the offseason has been:
-Saleh is pathetic
-The Jets are admitting their OC stinks
-We desperately need to upgrade the OL and WRs

But it was all ZW's fault!!!

You're like a broken record.

This team is like a broken record...

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Well....duh.  If Rodgers is back and healthy he calls the plays, so....

Exactly Hackett just holds Rogers coffee this was happening before Rogers went down now he is back Hackett goes back to water boy. Bob trying to spin like he is taking charge but he really isnt.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

https://jetsxfactor.com/2024/02/01/ny-jets-reduce-hackett-role/

In The Athletic's lengthy piece on the New York Jets, it was reported that the team is looking for a collaborative play-calling process.

It is stated in the article that “(Nathaniel) Hackett will return as the offensive coordinator in 2024, though team and league sources say (Robert) Saleh has explored adding to the offensive staff and creating a more collaborative play-calling process that would reduce Hackett’s role, a clear indication the team has lost confidence in his ability to run the offense on his own. (Aaron) Rodgers has been involved in those discussions.”

This would be yet another development in what has turned into an eventful start to the offseason for the Jets.

New York has already parted ways with its former running backs coach, Taylor Embree, and hired a new one, Tony Dews. It also hired Shawn Jefferson as its new wide receivers coach, while assistant general manager Rex Hogan departed on Wednesday.

Adding another offensive staffer to share play-calling duties is not a bad idea if executed correctly. Hackett showed deficiencies in his creativity and ability to adjust during the 2023 season. By adding another voice to help with play-calling, the Jets could have a better chance of executing a productive offense.

However, this would mean putting confidence in Robert Saleh and his ability to organize his offensive staff. Play-calling was already convoluted last season, with multiple voices having a say in what the offense was running.

Adding another member to the staff would change the hierarchy and rearrange roles.

The Jets have multiple avenues to improve their offense, one of which is adding another coach to their offensive staff. But as with other possibilities, it all comes down to execution, and it is on Joe Douglas, Robert Saleh, and the Jets to build a staff that can put their offense in the best position to succeed.

Just ******* fire everyone already this is such a joke.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

The only way to get excited for this is if the team actually hires a new (non-Rodgers-buddy) offensive coach who isn't in charge of just one position.

Todd Downing?  I think that Hackett has had some success but most of it has come when he wasn't the play caller.  This isn't necessarily a bad thing.  A smart organization might do the same.  Still, it is very easy to see how this will end up another cluster**** in a cluster of cluster****s.

22 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Todd Downing?  I think that Hackett has had some success but most of it has come when he wasn't the play caller.  This isn't necessarily a bad thing.  A smart organization might do the same.  Still, it is very easy to see how this will end up another cluster**** in a cluster of cluster****s.

No forget Downing....we need a new voice in there who hasn't been around this stench who can come in and say oh this stinks and this is why.

9 hours ago, King P said:

And after all the complaints we had about MJF, his replacement hasn't been any better

LaFleur got way too much flack.

He was a rookie oc who made some mistakes but did some good things and was part of a great offense with the rams last year.

Hackett was a huge downgrade.

15 hours ago, Rochester Jets said:

I’ve gotta hand it to Woody, I thought the end of the Rex era along with the Gase era were the most unlikeable versions of the Jets I’d ever seen.  But this current disaster, this is worse.  I don’t even care about Rodgers anymore, just fire Saleh and Hackett and move on.  It can’t be any worse.

You underestimated our owner!

I am so offended, I can't begin to tell you. I will speak to the powers that be about having you banned!

• Haha 1