Bryce Huff as an Eagle

40 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Just be happy. Don’t be fooled we are all just fans here rooting for our favorite team. 

I feel happy that things are looking like JD knows what hes doin, wont be pushed around and is setting the team up for long term success w leaders he's drafted thru the pipeline from 1s to UDFAs. Now just keep Mr Rodgers on his feet! 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, AbstraKt said:

Not to change the subject (but it kinda does), I heard Mekhi's name mentioned only once tonight.

I was watching Mekhi - he was playing good as far as I could see. Move him to guard - who would of ever thought of that - not the Jets.

• Sympathy 2

he dropped into coverage a few times and stayed home on the backside. Has more responsibility now than the nascar package kill the QB role he had here.  Had possibly one pressure on a bull rush. He’ll need time to adjust and everyone has been sloppy so far. 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, NYJCAP2 said:

I was watching with Eagles fans.. they didn’t even know what number he was.

So THIS! is JD’s personal JetNation account. Tell Howie R. thanks for the Reddick toilet flush and kick him in the groin. 

JD loves him some Howie!

• Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, OilfieldJet said:

It will be hard for any of the Jet DE’s to be less relevant on Monday night than Huff was today. 16 more games, we will see how this plays out.

Well we know his replacement will be equally less relevant. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, KRL said:

Watching both ex-Jets here's what I saw:

- Becton if he stays healthy can be a dominant guard.  Being inside he's
protected on both sides by the C and RT which allows him to play in a
"phone booth".  Becton is now able to physically maul DTs, he was impressive

- Huff could have a problem because he's not being deployed like he was with
the Jets:

* Instead of being in a "4 point" stance in a wide 9 spot, PHI has him standing
   up in a conventional alignment
 * He's playing a ton more reps
 * He drops into coverage on some passing downs

I'm glad he got his $$$ but I don't see him producing like he did with the
Jets unless his deployment changes

Yeah I'm sorta annoyed about Becton.  Whining about only playing LT here and generally not putting any effort in to adapt to anything else even while collecting paychecks from his couch for two seasons.  Goes to Philly and seems to readily embrace being a G and could turn out to be really good.  Some players just aren't built to be happy with their first team.  Many of those go on to be unhappy with all their teams eventually.  We'll see.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, Frankie Green said:

And a new position. That he refused on his original team lol 

Sometimes getting humbled a bit helps tho indeed

this is the thing that bothers me,his insisting "I am a left tackle."  Polar opposite of AVT who has been a team first guy since he got here.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

No animosity towards huff for me

he wanted to do more and his employer felt he was not capable

prob happened to most of us in our careers certainly me and you want to prove to yourself you can

Wish him well and feel good that we have people in charge that can make difficult decisions

hopefully this works out well for both

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

29 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Yeah I'm sorta annoyed about Becton.  Whining about only playing LT here and generally not putting any effort in to adapt to anything else even while collecting paychecks from his couch for two seasons.  Goes to Philly and seems to readily embrace being a G and could turn out to be really good.  Some players just aren't built to be happy with their first team.  Many of those go on to be unhappy with all their teams eventually.  We'll see.

its only a matter of time, the second something doesn't go his way he is going to blame everyone but himself.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

I said a while back, that I felt Huff's production was more a product of the Jets defensive scheme and mot so much about Huff's ability.

Huff was invisible last night.

Maybe he ate bad salmon?  Oh wait, that's next week.  This week was the bad field conditions.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 4

I saw this written by the "Eagles Wire" last night:

"BRYCE HUFF MISSING IN ACTION"

"Huff was a prize free agent signing, but only Vic Fangio could explain his one tackle, and there was no pressure off the edge.  Hassan Reddick was closer, and pundits will only sit quietly for so long before insinuating that the former Jets pass rusher isn't an every down player."

And for those who state that Reddick didn't get his first sack until game 3 of his first season with the Eagles, it should be noted that Reddick wasn't getting paid $17M per season at the time either.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

All this stuff about Huff leaving over role and not money because he says so is insane. He had the best pass rushing spot in the entire NFL. 90% pass/run split when they’re just letting the 3-technique get doubled 70% of the time? This was such a sucker signing.

That's why Reddick should sign at some point because dude would easily get into 12-15 sacks here. Role the dice and get paid at the elite level. Love to hear why you really think this hasn't happen yet.

• Post of the Week 1

12 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

OP isn't gonna finish the season without being banned would be my guess 

Nah, I’m starting to think he’s untouchable.

He’s either related to one of the mods, or @Maxman is the most patient man in the world. 
Who else could’ve said the stuff he did to get it locked and still come out of last night’s IGT without getting banned?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, KRL said:

Watching both ex-Jets here's what I saw:

- Becton if he stays healthy can be a dominant guard.  Being inside he's
protected on both sides by the C and RT which allows him to play in a
"phone booth".  Becton is now able to physically maul DTs, he was impressive

- Huff could have a problem because he's not being deployed like he was with
the Jets:

* Instead of being in a "4 point" stance in a wide 9 spot, PHI has him standing
   up in a conventional alignment
 * He's playing a ton more reps
 * He drops into coverage on some passing downs

I'm glad he got his $$$ but I don't see him producing like he did with the
Jets unless his deployment changes

I though Becton was good. He didn't finish on some run plays when he could have. But otherwise he looked solid. What confused me is that during the shotgun snaps he was constantly craning in his neck and looking back at the QB, and he was still looking back when the ball was snapped. It was not something I had noticed any guards doing in the past.

• Upvote 1

What Huff does and doesnt do in Philly is not relevant. We KNEW what he could do for us in our defense with studs like Qunninen and JJ taking attention away from him.

Also it was just one game and Not trying to make excuses for Huff, but the turf was an embarrassment last night and guys had a tough time keeping their footing.

Also didnt like the way Fangio was deploying him. Stand up LBer and dropping into coverage? Dan Graca on espn radio this morning shared that during the offseason people in the NFL told him Huff wouldnt be a good fit for Fangio's defense. If last night was any indication.....

16 hours ago, bicketybam said:

What are your thoughts so far? Has he been better or worse than he was as a Jet?

Good thread. I hope you get all of the smooth brains to agree that Huff wasn’t actually good because we didn’t resign him, based on week 1.

• Upvote 1