New Jets Mascot

SouthernJet

Should be something like this:

Image result for partick thistle mascot

Partick Thistle's Kingsley - bringer of nightmares.

But this is the Jets, so it'll probably be something that the Johnsons can use to make money, like:

Image result for boilerman

Boilerman, as seen at West Brom games.

So I expect Swimmy the Swimming Pool, complete with the logo of that bunch who are on the t-shirts they fire into the crowd, or Sir Trash-A-Lot, complete with Waste Management logos.

Something along those lines, anayway. And everyone will rightly hate it.

8 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Did they have to give him a zero?

I honestly don't know where that came from.  For all I know there was a team in Germany that called themselves the Jets and that's their mascot.  Or perhaps there was an event at a Pro Bowl or Super Bowl where all teams were represented by these characters?

That's no stadium we've played in, looks like it's a baseball game on artificial turf, fans are wearing shorts and people are in the dugout.

SAR I

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

wpid-2014-06-06-11-28-59.png

SAR I

I'm familiar with everything Jets since 1981 and I have never in my life seen this abomination.  Can you explain what this is / provide some backstory?

From the photo I would guess this was taken somewhere between 1985-1989 at cookie cutter multipurpose stadium like Riverfront in Cincinnati. 

41 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

I'm familiar with everything Jets since 1981 and I have never in my life seen this abomination.  Can you explain what this is / provide some backstory?

From the photo I would guess this was taken somewhere between 1985-1989 at cookie cutter multipurpose stadium like Riverfront in Cincinnati. 

I did a Google Images search for "New York Jets mascot" and it came up.

I agree.  Looks like Riverfront Stadium or the like, people wearing shorts so its warm, people in the dugout.  Some wild guesses:

1.  Pro-Bowl in Honolulu.  Had that same crappy turf in the 80's.

2.  Super Bowl in Miami.  Orange Bowl had that crappy turf in the late 70's before going back to natural grass.

3.  Riverfront Stadium.  Jets played the Bengals in '83, '85, and '86 and maybe they had some enemy mascot stuff going on.  Maybe to sell Bengals tickets the Reds had an event and showed the faux mascots of visiting teams.

4.  Minor League Football.  Who knows, some random game between the Podunk Jets and Kansas Falcons, also lots of high school teams used NFL names back in the day, perhaps it was an Ohio high school's mascot.

SAR I

• Upvote 1