Let’s speculate about this Manish tweet. Eat Arby’s

T0mShane

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

"I'm sorry to say it, but our organization is bad," said a former Jets player, speaking on the condition of anonymity. "[We're] the Browns of the Northeast. It'll be a long time before they win. The folks they have don't care. They're protecting each other from getting fired and bulls--- the owner when he shows up. They need an overhaul. They're content with losing."

"They don't fit the mentality of the fan base," a former Jets staffer said of the current leadership. "Show some guts, show some balls. There's none of that. They need to hire someone who can identify with the fan base."

"They're operating with a losing plan," a longtime NFC personnel executive said. "Woody makes bad hire after bad hire. It's hard for some owners. They're a product of who they listen to."

I had to stop reading halfway through because it really began to sink in how bad our team is.  Based on this article it is clear that the Jets need a real head of football operations in place who then hires a GM to hire a coach. In that order.

41 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

actually there is an article in the daily news comparing jamal adams' fire to that of jordan.  so there's your tweet - it's a plug for his article.

There isn't one interesting thing more for Lil'Manish to write about, since his buddy and primary muse Todd is about to get fired. And he doesn't want to hurt Todd's feelings. Or break down why the Jets offense totally sucks due in large part to Todd"We don't run enough"Bowles and his Amos Alonzo Stagg ideas about running the ball.

Cimini gets well-deserved rations of you know what, but the above is a good article.   No danger of Mehta doing that.

Would wager the NFC source is someone affiliated with the Giants, referring to their co-tenant as "Woody". 

2 minutes ago, NYJ37/12 said:

I had to stop reading halfway through because it really began to sink in how bad our team is.  Based on this article it is clear that the Jets need a real head of football operations in place who then hires a GM to hire a coach. In that order.

Johnson needs to hire the Big Swinging Dick of Football Ops to run this-Cowher, Mike Shanahan, Ozzy Newsome-someone like that. And take a giant step back. But he doesn't want to write checks that big. It's going to be the least objectionable career NFL assistant again, with Maccacgnan being retained.

18 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Johnson needs to hire the Big Swinging Dick of Football Ops to run this-Cowher, Mike Shanahan, Ozzy Newsome-someone like that. And take a giant step back. But he doesn't want to write checks that big. It's going to be the least objectionable career NFL assistant again, with Maccacgnan being retained.

I forgot that bozo turd bag Bisciotti is ushering Newsome out.  I'd beg him to come take over as the Czar of the Jets.  We could attract real executives and coaches if they were reporting to Newsome and not the Peckerhead Johnson brothers. 

15 minutes ago, Bugg said:

I agree with the names suggested but I don't share your sentiments on Woody. He is not afraid to spend money, he always has spent to the cap and has tried all angles to bring the right people here, he's just failed. The last person we had here that was a real football guy was Parcells, since then its been crap. Any of the names you mentioned would be perfect, I would even add Holmgren to the list.

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

"I'm sorry to say it, but our organization is bad," said a former Jets player, speaking on the condition of anonymity. "[We're] the Browns of the Northeast. It'll be a long time before they win. The folks they have don't care. They're protecting each other from getting fired and bulls--- the owner when he shows up. They need an overhaul. They're content with losing."

"They don't fit the mentality of the fan base," a former Jets staffer said of the current leadership. "Show some guts, show some balls. There's none of that. They need to hire someone who can identify with the fan base."

"They're operating with a losing plan," a longtime NFC personnel executive said. "Woody makes bad hire after bad hire. It's hard for some owners. They're a product of who they listen to."

The player is definitely Woody.

The former staffer is Rex.  This is exactly what he said after the Buffalo blowout on ESPN.  "They need a HC who identifies with the fanbase".  

The NFC Exec is likely someone with the Giants.

I agree with the names suggested but I don't share your sentiments on Woody. He is not afraid to spend money, he always has spent to the cap and has tried all angles to bring the right people here, he's just failed. The last person we had here that was a real football guy was Parcells, since then its been crap. Any of the names you mentioned would be perfect, I would even add Holmgren to the list.
But they have used these outside consultants on at least two occasions. How the heck can they get it it wrong twice!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

‘Recognizes.’ Yeah, okay. For the purported disconnect between the management and the media and the fans it sure seems like the butt-smelling contingent of each is in lockstep and squarely in control.

Imagine what these articles will look like if Adams ever does anything that contributes to the Jets looking like a competitive football team in the NFL. 

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

This quote not only should have its own pinned thread, but should be placed in the JN Banner above.

1 hour ago, Jetmech said:

But they have used these outside consultants on at least two occasions. How the heck can they get it it wrong twice!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

No consultant this time. Hire a football guy to run the football operations.  The Jets have zero chance for success with the current power structure. You cannot have the coach and gm forced together and then give them equal ground. Cant have it.

Head of football operations>GM>Coach.

8 hours ago, johnnysd said:

My guess...DeFillipo hired as a "consultant"

I was going to say, Defillipo hired as the OC and assistant head coach, Bates demoted or fired, thus buying bowles another year and having defillip in place for when bowels gets canned 3 games into next year.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

So Michael Jordan just stood around the basketball hoop, only took layups, had no steals and thumped his chest after making a play in a 10 win Bball season?  They are so much alike!

Trying to imagine what Michael Jordan would do to a rookie who was dancing on the court during timeouts in the midst of a season where they’re only winning 30% of their games.

Hey, we got our QB so the Adams pick is water under the bridge. At least the dude plays his azz off & gives 100%. Be fun to watch when we get some tough pass rushers in here & our secondary has new schemes & coaching. We might even have a Maye sighting next year.

With regard to DeFilippo, Mike Lombardi had an interesting thing to say on the GM Street podcast that DeFilippo is simply a play designer and not a play caller.  He said if you watch the vikings you consistently see them hitting on plays where the team gets the coverage they want but struggling to attack a specific part of the defense.  Basically he implied that you cant design a play and hope you get the coverage to allow that play to be successful.  Good OC's attack areas of the defense and call plays that can work regardless of the defense being in man, zone, etc.

2 hours ago, BCJet said:

With regard to DeFilippo, Mike Lombardi had an interesting thing to say on the GM Street podcast that DeFilippo is simply a play designer and not a play caller.  He said if you watch the vikings you consistently see them hitting on plays where the team gets the coverage they want but struggling to attack a specific part of the defense.  Basically he implied that you cant design a play and hope you get the coverage to allow that play to be successful.  Good OC's attack areas of the defense and call plays that can work regardless of the defense being in man, zone, etc.

I am not sure that I understand this.  Don't most play designers set up plays to relate to different defenses - to allow options that will work in either case?  That could be through a different part of the progression or an audible.  I'm not sure anybody designs plays that work against a certain area of the D without regard to the coverage.  I'm confused by what you (or Lombarbi) are saying.  I think being a "play designer" rather than "play caller" may be part of Bates problem. 

The Jets will run the Triangle next year?

Michael Jordan named Jets new OC? "Jordan is a proven winner who knows offense" said Todd Bowles. "He gives us instant credibility".

The Jets signed Michael Jordan to play special teams. "Jordan, with his athleticism, will be a major force on FG attempts"said Todd Bowles.

Archived