Jets (Requesting to Interview) HC Candidates

JetsYanks13

2 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Jesus Christ.

You’re just not going to get any top tier guys with Maccagnan playing Halloween in his GM costume.

Also I don’t want anything to do with Eric Bienenemy.  ANYONE can look good with Mahomes and Company and Andy Reid structuring the plays.  This will play out like Bowles coming from Arizona with a D having 10 of 11 guys who are All Pros. 

I can’t see Bowles being a DC anywhere without that exact same scenario.  He won’t ever go back down to being the assistant he was for 20 years.  NFL probably give him a job in their offices. 

2 hours ago, Stark said:

Nagy was with Reid for 9 years I think. A lot of exposure there. Not sure how much Bienemy learned in 1 year

Bienemy's been with Reid for 6. Reid called plays while Pederson and Nagy were OCing for him, too - those guys seem to have done well.  It's the philosophy and system that matters more than the playcalling with Reid

2 hours ago, jetspenguin said:

Well...if you look at the posters, it is pretty consistent with other things they have posted in the past. Nothing shocking about it, its just wrong

This is very, very true. @Maxman has a fire to put out.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, NYDreamer said:

McCarthy may not coach 2019:  Arizona put a lot on the table for him

https://www.abc15.com/sports/report-cardinals-interested-in-making-mike-mccarthy-head-coach-general-manager

God....the Johnsons and Macc are so inept, McCarthy won't even take this great offer from the Cardinals.

We're doomed......?

3 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

I suspected this. Chris Johnson was concerned about the optics firing a black Head Coach. IE the social justice donation announcement a couple weeks ago and his public stance supporting players kneeling. Hardly surprising his first two public interview requests is with minority head coaches.

What is wrong with you?

I suspected this. Chris Johnson was concerned about the optics firing a black Head Coach. IE the social justice donation announcement a couple weeks ago and his public stance supporting players kneeling. Hardly surprising his first two public interview requests is with minority head coaches.

FYI we don't do political posts here, so the social justice stuff has no place here.

You don't know why they requested a coach or even who they requested to speak to, so the racist undertone has no place here either.

People actually upvoted this.

27 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

God....the Johnsons and Macc are so inept, McCarthy won't even take this great offer from the Cardinals.

We're doomed......?

I wouldn't make that assumption yet. Josh Rosen is not Sam Darnold and that may be a big one. I'm certainly not writing Rosen off yet as I think he will be fine, but he looks limited with his lack of mobility in todays NFL. 

Also, who knows if McCarthy really wants to have GM responsibilities too?  Sure its a positive to have say in personnel decisions, but its an additional upper management position he'd have to deal with. If the Cards are really offering that, it shows they are in shambles. Maybe more so than can be seen  with our powerful telescopes. 

***You see Lamar Jackson Last night?  My Baltimorean wife almost lost her marbles during that game. 

14 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

People actually upvoted this.

Well Schefter reported yesterday that the NFL is upset that so many minority coaches are being fired, especially Wilks after one year

and these teams are going to have to do interviews with the league and explain why they are letting these coaches go

27 minutes ago, Maxman said:

FYI we don't do political posts here, so the social justice stuff has no place here.

You don't know why they requested a coach or even who they requested to speak to, so the racist undertone has no place here either.

All I did was question Chris Johnson's motives nothing I said was racist. According to this reasoning anyone mentioning the Rooney rule as a motivation for an interview should be considered racist.

FYI. The social Justice stuff was not my interpretation that's what they called it

7 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Well Schefter reported yesterday that the NFL is upset that so many minority coaches are being fired, especially Wilks after one year

and these teams are going to have to do interviews with the league and explain why they are letting these coaches go

not to mention they'll have to schedule these interviews for when the airplanes aren't spraying for chemtrails

11 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Put the past 4 years of Jets games in a continuous loop and tell the NFL to STFU.

It's nice to see everyone so level headed about the coaching search so far... ?

26 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

The Rooney rule was made for moments like this. There was no racial malice in this happening, all of the coaches lost their job on their own merit. (Cept' maybe the Cardinals coach who got the short end of the stick during a rebuild year, but that's not racial in any way) But a pipeline of African American coaching talent needs to be maintained in a league comprised of mostly black players.

And honestly it's not like the names mentioned are any less qualified than their white counterparts. Things should sort themselves out with time, I bet at least one or two vacancies will be filled by AA candidates. 

Hey come to think of it wasn't Anthony Lynn somebodies Rooney guy back when he was still the RB coach? And now he's the HC of a 12 win team.

4 hours ago, carlito1171 said:

Also Jets seem to be looking for a personality change from Bowles in an HC.....Richard is known as an energetic and animated guy...Bieniemy can be firery at times too

Pendulum swings from Rex to Todd and now back towards a more animated coach.  It'll be nice to have a coach with some semblance of a pulse again. 

3 hours ago, MasterChiefJets said:

Take a look at this video of Kris Richard. I know he is defense but he is young, fiery and confident. I would see Dallas locking him up for their future. Not saying he's the answer, but it is good to hear a fresh perspective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLCr_rqwcfw

Thanks for the video. I never heard of him before today, but he comes off as an impressive guy.

11 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Still waiting to see we want to interview pete carmichael.  Has way more extensive of a resume than some of these other dudes.  Like 10 years of top  6 offenses with many of those being 1st or 2nd.  He knows how to design an offense

It appears that no one has requested an interview with him.  Seems weird to me.

5 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Well after reading up on twitter seems as if all the cowboys fans love Richard and don’t want him to leave. They are also calling us Jets fans stupid for having the reaction we are to interviewing him. 

Who cares what Cowboy fans think, are you crazy? We need to get a credible HC, Richard isn't it!!

Archived