Defensive Coordinator Down To 3

SR24

Would love Williams, would accept the other two.  My pref...

1. Williams

2. Pagano

3. Joseph

ALL 3 HAVE PREVIOUS HC EXPERIENCE.   That's a good thing.  If sh!t goes south with Gase, locker room fracturing, etc. then any of those guys could step in.

The Jets have obviously learned their lesson here as I think they wanted to fire Bowles after the Bye and simply couldn't.  They want a Plan B on the staff.

In fact, Williams stepped in as interim this year in Cleveland after cultural and communication issue claimed the jobs of Hue Jackson and OC Todd Haley.

Love this group of 3.

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

1. Williams

2. Pagano

3. Joseph

ALL 3 HAVE PREVIOUS HC EXPERIENCE.   That's a good thing.  If sh!t goes south with Gase, locker room fracturing, etc. then any of those guys could step in.

The Jets have obviously learned their lesson here as I think they wanted to fire Bowles after the Bye and simply couldn't.  They want a Plan B on the staff.

In fact, Williams stepped in as interim this year in Cleveland after cultural and communication issue claimed the jobs of Hue Jackson and OC Todd Haley.

Love this group of 3.

Because I want Williams we will not sign him.....

SO......... Man, I really hope we sign Pagano or Joseph.... lol 

any of these 3 would be a tremendous upgrade over that doofus Kacey Garbage. At the very least we are going to have a much better coaching staff next year. We are going to have a legit offensive mind in charge (say what you want about Gase but he made tebow semi-productive, got record breaking seasons out of an over the hill Manning, and made Tannehill an average nfl qb). Plus he was 5-1 vs toilet and beat him with Matt Moore and Brock as his QBs. 

It will be nice to have a legit DC. These guys are all proven and have had success in the league. 

10 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

1. Williams

2. Pagano

3. Joseph

how bullcrap is it the team is already planning to fire the dude they hired yesterday 

34 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Pagano came outta nowhere. Wasn't sure if I should put this in the Williams thread or start a new one

Not in love with Joseph, but his players loved him, and players were all about Williams and Pagano, too. This is big balls stuff by Gase to even consider hiring three former head coaches who could replace him at any time, as opposed to Tood, who hired undesirable skells who posed no threat to him.

15 minutes ago, The Troll said:

I know he’s been a great DC in the past, but...Pagano was Bowles level awful as a head coach. I have a hard time getting excited about a guy like that.

What?

He was 53-43 as a head coach.

Three playoff appearances. AFC Title Game appearance. One losing season in six years.

He's Vince Lombardi compared to Bowles.

Not in love with Joseph, but his players loved him, and players were all about Williams and Pagano, too. This is big balls stuff by Gase to even consider hiring three former head coaches who could replace him at any time, as opposed to Tood, who hired undesirable skells who posed no threat to him.
That's true, they probably want it for the inevitable...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

1. Williams

2. Pagano

3. Joseph

Love this group of 3.

on the subject of Vance Joseph (this has NOTHING to do with his coaching skills):

In my 50+ years of watching NFL football, the absolute single worst game day performance by a DB, bar none,  was what Joseph let the Raiders (mainly Tim Brown) burn him for the entire 4 quarters.  Long reception after long reception.  TD after TD.  All  Vance Joseph's way.  It was a Sunday night game.  It traumatized me.   

28 minutes ago, Jolot said:

No sense stressing it , just wait to see who Manish wants ...that’s ultimately who will get the job . He calls the shots . 

^ yes indeed.  1st thing the Jets must ask: "What would Manish do or say?"

Archived