McVay got schooled!

Nixhead

Way to adjust McVay. I thought that was one of your strengths. Not that Belicheck hasn’t done this before but the Chiefs adjusted and scored plenty in the second half. You just got a hard lesson from the Master! Good thing we didn’t hire Kliff Kingsbury because hiring these high octane offensive coaches with no head coaching experience might be a quick fading fad. In reality McVay does seem like a good head coach but he was schooled today by the Master!

23 minutes ago, Bocajetfan said:

Both teams got pressure on the QB. Brady handeled it better. Romo made the point Rams had 8 straight positions of 5 plays or less resulting in punts. At one point they had more punts than competitions.

Geez.  The Jets could have done that.

Goff is not that good. He played poorly in the Nola game as well. This loss highlights Goff more than anything. 
Where was Gurley those two games too? Reminds me a lot of the Bills - big name QB and RB who came up small in the biggest games.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Darn we hit it just after the downward curve. So Jetsy ?

Of course. I love how people were pointing to the brilliance of the  McVay model - as if he had accomplished anything- as the reason the Gase hire was a good one. 

McVay screwed up royally getting away from the running game three times once over the 50 yard line he had 3rd & threes & he threw all 3 times instead of sticking to the running game so he could put himself in position to go for it on 4th & short if he wasn't able to run for it on the 1st try. 

I kept texting my son, "Why isn't he running it here?". Goff got sacked on one of those 3rd & shorts after the idiot didn't throw the ball away. Goff was AWFUL last night & wasted an amazing defensive effort. You hold the Pats to 13 & lose? Unforgivable. 

3 hours ago, jamesr said:

Where was Gurley those two games too? Reminds me a lot of the Bills - big name QB and RB who came up small in the biggest games.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

There’s no doubt Gurley has been injured. I’m not going to get on him for his performance. The last two game does show how much that team relies on Gurley. They weren’t the same offense despite CJ Anderson giving it his all. The Pats didn’t have to worry about the run or the play action. 

2 minutes ago, Jetster said:

McVay screwed up royally getting away from the running game three times once over the 50 yard line he had 3rd & threes & he threw all 3 times instead of sticking to the running game so he could put himself in position to go for it on 4th & short if he wasn't able to run for it on the 1st try. 

I kept texting my son, "Why isn't he running it here?". Goff got sacked on one of those 3rd & shorts after the idiot didn't throw the ball away. Goff was AWFUL last night & wasted an amazing defensive effort. You hold the Pats to 13 & lose? Unforgivable. 

Agree. Even if Gurley was injured, Goff was so bad last night they should have giving them ball to CJ Anderson more. Although both had less than 4 yards per carry. So it’s not like they were playing well.

But on those 3rd and shorts at mid field, I thought they should had called runs as well.

Both teams seemed to abandon the run early. With all due respect to all who think McVay was "Schooled" the difference in this game was one drive and their were 2 diving catches on that drive that made the difference in this game. Both teams were basically one big play away from winning this game Gronk and Brady made that play and the Rams offense did not, they came close a few times but that's how it goes sometimes.

Also when it comes to Brady and Edelman I think they both work off reads pre and post snap and know each other so well they make it work. I do not believe Edelman works off set routes he just runs his routes based off what the Defense gives him because he always runs away from double teams and you just can't do that every single time with set routes. Its extremely hard to cover a guy that quick and its turning into pitch and catch with him and Brady so if Bradys first option is not open Edelman always is. The Slot guy ahs always been the Key to the Patriots offense. Edelman now, Welker before him. 

little mcvay just couldn't adjust.  gurley was a non-factor.  it almost looked like he didn't feel like playing.  goff was deer in the headlights from snap one.  wade phillips had an excellent game plans and who knows how the game would've gone had the rams capitalized on the interception or recovered the fumble.  the patsies did what they always do.  they got a pass rush without an edge rusher and the rams couldn't block a four man rush.  are people listening here? imo the big losers are guys like fowler and suh who are going into free agency.  they didn't come up big and that should impact their pay day.

24 minutes ago, Jetster said:

It looked like the Pats D never really set prior to the snap. They were rushing guys from different angles and positions all game. Goff had trouble reading who was coming and from where. He never settled in, never got in any rhythm and couldn’t  establish any kind of momentum. Great effort on Defense for the Rams. They kept them in the game. Quite a disappointment from this so called high power offense. Looked like Belicheat stole their playbook. 

no one seems to talk about cooks being wide open in the end zone and goff seeing it so late that the safety had time to come break it up...

dude who wrote for grantland, barnwell, called it out in his analysis, goff most likely to miss wide open guys...  romo also pointed out a couple.

10 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

no one seems to talk about cooks being wide open in the end zone and goff seeing it so late that the safety had time to come break it up...

dude who wrote for grantland, barnwell, called it out in his analysis, goff most likely to miss wide open guys...  romo also pointed out a couple.

I can only do so much. 

In the preseason, I had Rams - Pats in the super bowl, and said that while the rams are the better team, Belichick will prevail. The past two weeks, I’ve been cautioning everyone who was picking the Rams (including two of my friends who put money on the Rams) that you never go against Belichick with a young QB, and definitely not with the likes of Goff. 

It all came to fruition last night. McVay called some good plays, but Goff didn’t execute. One of the few weapons in Goffs aresenal is using his legs, and even when Belichick played deep cover 2 press for some critical plays and the Red Sea opened up in front of Goff to run and get free yards and pick up a few firsts, he sat there and threw bad balls or got sacked. 

Watching Goff last night was as frustrated as I’ve felt in a very long time watching a non-Jets game. He single handedly lost the game, and cost that defense and Wade Phillips the championship they deserved.

Archived