When will the Pats dynasty end

Rhg1084

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

When will Pats trolls end? Stop with the Pats threads or I will ban you. This is a Jets board. 

I’m. Jets fan.. the pats just won another Super Bowl... are we just supposed to ignore theyr in our division? I thought I asked a legitimate question 

9 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

If you had to put money on when the pats won’t win the afc east.. what would you bet? 3 years from now?

Not really sure when it will happen, but one thing I am sure of is that when it does happen you will be nowhere to be found. 

The Patriot Dynasty will end when both Belicheck and Brady retire!!! Both practically run the team and the Patriots need both to run things. Brady runs the offense and Belicheck runs the team by picking the personnel and the players. No other QB or HC will be able to accomplish what they both did in their reign.

So this is definitely the weakest Patriots team that has won it all talent wise and they are likely going to lose a significant portion of their coaching staff as well as potentially all time great players like Gronk as well as long time all pros like McCourty.  Worse, their FAs include a significant portion of their young nucleus (Flowers, Mason etc)

The problem is that they have a metric ton of draft capital this offseason, and the players they are losing have been declining for awhile now and will free up a lot of cap space for them.  I wouldn't be surprised if they're better next season, assuming Brady stays.

So will it be more of a rebuild year or will they go all in.

Brady helped further the debate about whether it's him or Belichick most responsible for these championships. TB didn't have a great game.  Sure, he made a few money throws when he had to like usual but we've seen a LOT of other teams put up much more offense on the Rams than the Patriots did today.  But Belichick....he was a master chess player and took a very, very pedestrian Patriots team that has lost Defensive Coordinator after Defensive Coordinator over the years and got them to perform WAY over their heads tonight.  Giving up 3 points to the Rams?  That's it?  Belichick is the guy who won this SB and it's not even debatable.

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Sam Darnold ends the Patriots reign in 2020. You can bank on it.

This.

And while I used to pray for their retirement, I now look forward for them sticking around too long so that the Jets can be the ones to end them.  The Yankees mowed over the Blue Jays to take control of the division for a decade, the Rangers ended the Islanders for a decade, now it's the Jets turn to take down the Patriots.  It's better this way.  We don't need them to retire.  It's better if they just age.

SAR I

19 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Brady helped further the debate about whether it's him or Belichick most responsible for these championships. TB didn't have a great game.  Sure, he made a few money throws when he had to like usual but we've seen a LOT of other teams put up much more offense on the Rams than the Patriots did today.  But Belichick....he was a master chess player and took a very, very pedestrian Patriots team that has lost Defensive Coordinator after Defensive Coordinator over the years and got them to perform WAY over their heads tonight.  Giving up 3 points to the Rams?  That's it?  Belichick is the guy who won this SB and it's not even debatable.

The two best ever together for so long. We will never see it again.

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

The two best ever together for so long. We will never see it again.

Brady has singlehandedly been responsible for winning several of the Patriots' Super Bowls for Belichick (and did more than enough last year vs. the Eagles to win) but this one was all BB.  He made McVay and the Rams offense feel like they had been playing JV teams all season and now they were on the Varsity field.

TB will be another year older next season.  He's not going to be able to carry the Patriots to championships like he's done in the past.  This was probably the most complete team effort that the Pats have had in recent memory.  If they're going to keep winning I think this is how it'll have to look going forward.

4 hours ago, jgb said:

I don’t wish injury on anyone but at some point Brady will take a hit that ends this. 

Im brady’s age and I have to stretch before I get out of bed in the morning 

Yeah this is the most likely outcome. Or he just starts getting hobbled like knee hurts, shoulder hurts, back hurts.....

At some point you just cant do it anymore and he ie at that age where it's any day now

Archived