*******OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAYS THREAD*******

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

They have said they’re in the market for another TE, this guy is like another OL.  This is how you can improve pass protection and run blocking without drafting another OL.  They’re going to maul people with him and the raiders G.

I guess he can also be used as an H back.  I've wanted a big TE who can get open, block, catch the ball  and be a safety valve down the middle (1st or 2nd round type).  Wesco isn't that guy, but hopefully a useful piece and more versatile than our current blocking TE's who have all reached their limited ceilings.  

4 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

It's not about him as a player. It's that we're fine at TE, and we have so many more needs. What about Riley Ridley?

It's not the way I would have gone either - I wanted Harmon. But I do really like the player - he can become a valuable #2 TE for us.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

To just move up 9 in a later round makes zero sense. None. But I get it, ypu defend anything they do, Jet Nut insults anyone for criticizing, and Jets723 is the Buttfumbler. UWFs is the comic reliefe.

You guys are like Macs own Avengers. 

Just so you know, I’ll defend the trade backs but I don’t like ultimately what he did with the pick. 

Not going to defend every move, just moves I like. 

I think Wesco could have been had much later and I really wanted Jordan there. 

Cant defend this pick. 

So there. 

5 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Don't need to know anything about him except that he's a TE and we still have needs all over the field but none of them were at TE. 

Yeah, I heard.  Except that TE is a need position as well, so what

Lets face it, has nothing to do with the position.  Has everything to do with its a name most have no idea of who he is, how he played and never expected to be taken.

Would have been happier with a half assed scrub WR whos names have been posted over and over

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

So in the first round Mac sucked because he went with the "safe" pick.  In the third round Mac sucked because he went with the "high-risk/high-reward" guy.  In the fourth round he sucks again because he went with the "safe" pick again.

Amazing.

You misunderstand people. People hate these picks because, while BPA does need to be considered, it has to be the BPA at a position of need! We picked a ******* nose tackle at #3 overall. I love my nose tackles, I do. Snacks, Pouha, Jenkins. Can't get enough of 'em. But we could have traded back, got the BPA at a position of need, and had tons of more draft capital to work with. Instead, we stack useless positions with questionable players, and trade picks to needlessly move up a single spot.

I'd say I want Mac to be fired, but the real problem is ownership. They'd just bring in another crap GM.

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

1 minute ago, Peace Frog said:

Just so you know, I’ll defend the trade backs but I don’t like ultimately what he did with the pick. 

Not going to defend every move, just moves I like. 

I think Wesco could have been had much later and I really wanted Jordan there. 

Cant defend this pick. 

So there. 

Yeah I think we could of got him with the fifth.  The good news is that guys are still falling 

• Thumb Down 1

8 minutes ago, win4ever said:

WTF with this pick? I wouldn't even want him as a UDFA!

How do you pass on other options when we need so much talent elsewhere? This is the annual "I'm a scout, and I see dead people" pick to prove insight that doesn't exist.

Developmental picks either have production or upside. This guy has neither. I think Quinen Williams ran faster than this guy.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Herndon will most likely be suspended for the start of the season. Pick was universally praised on ESPN's coverage. Quote: "Many GM's are throwing things in their war room because the Jets picked Wesco

• Upvote 2

Just now, F00tballGuy69 said:

I've been pretty much on board with every pick so far, but this one's a head scratcher.  They had Harmon & Ridley still on the board.  

I liked Moreau from LSU as a better blocking TE/Tomlinson replacement with some upside.  

Moreau is a high level athlete, too. This strikes me as a reach you make because you need a guy to do a specific job in your scheme, so you get desperate. 

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, I heard.  Except that TE is a need position as well, so what

Lets face it, has nothing to do with the position.  Has everything to do with its a name most have no idea of who he is, how he played and never expected to be taken.

Would have been happier with a half assed scrub WR whos names have been posted over and over

Why are you so mad and why do you feel it's necessary to defend Mike Maccagnan and his demonstrably poor job performance?

10 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

So in the first round Mac sucked because he went with the "safe" pick.  In the third round Mac sucked because he went with the "high-risk/high-reward" guy.  In the fourth round he sucks again because he went with the "safe" pick again.

Amazing.

How is Polite high-reward? His combine numbers would indicate low reward.

And did they really just draft a blocking tight end? We going holder next? If you didnt know better you'd think the Jets were intentionally botching this thing.

• Haha 1

Though I will defend the last trade back. If there were two players he wanted that could be picked between the pick we traded back to, and the pick 9 spots up, it'd make sense. Think of it this way:

You have 2 picks (ignore the random numbers that aren't similar values): the 116th, and the 148th. Joe has the 124th and the 140th. You believe the two players you're targeting will go 130th and 145th. By not making this trade, you can only get one. By making the trade, you can get both.

So if that's what he was doing, it makes sense. But it's Mac, so I doubt that was his thinking.