*******OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAYS THREAD*******

29 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I may have overlooked this but if not, here's the details on the two trade downs in the 4th.

Jets traded 4.3 for 4.14 & 5.30 

Jets traded 4.14 & 5.30 for 4.21 & 5.19

https://www.newyorkjets.com/news/rd-4-jets-trade-down-twice-take-w-virginia-te-trevon-wesco

So it’s basically 4.3 for 4.21 & 5.19

• Upvote 1

What separates Pierschbacher in your mind?  
I ask because for some reason I really liked Barret Jones who is a similar player and who never made it.  

Started at guard fir a season and center. Cebter this whole past season. Good zone blocker. Only allowed 4 pressures all season or something like that.
Played against top talent and did very well. Could use work but he is the lady of the top centers in this draft. Truth is he is most likely better than Michael Jordan at C. Maybe others as well.
Good hand abs consistent feet

He is a very solid pick at a position of need. I would have been happy if we grabbed him I. The 3rd. Had a 4-6th round pojection.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JetFaninMI said:

You have to think they go CB here.

I would like Corey Ballentine in this spot. 

Kelvin Harmon, the WR, would be the sexier pick but there is a reason he is falling. Guy gets zero separation. 

Rodney Anderson would be an interesting pick here at RB. With Bell around we can afford to let him get stronger after his ACL injury. 

Lamont Gaillard/Pierschbacher would also be a good pick for Center but if they just took a TE, I have to assume they don't like the remaining Center options or have other plans at Center (Trade/FA)

2 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Don’t we still have Nickerson, Clark and Jones not to mention Robinson?  

Do our DB draft picks ever improve?

Nickerson has been on the team one year.  He played reasonably well for a rookie.  Clark isn't going to make it.  Jones after one year improved significantly.  Yes, they improve.  They're both very young and were late round picks.  Exactly what you would expect from them.

• Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Clellin and Hunter are both great kids.  Never have to worry about them off the field.   

That is what happens when the school is more than a “football factory” and a damn good academic school.

*On a side note, Clemson fans were killing SoCar fans who were claiming they were the  “real USC” on Twitter a few months ago.  Loved it!  

7 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Don’t we still have Nickerson, Clark and Jones not to mention Robinson?  

Do our DB draft picks ever improve?

Bowles not playing Derrick Jones was an enormous waste.  Jones is 6'2 with elite speed and was just learning the position as he was a WR for half or college.  He played great in TC and then was buried until week 17 when he also played well.  He needs an opportunity.

• Upvote 3