Jump to content

Quinnen Williams Interview


KRL

Recommended Posts

I can't get enough of this kid and his interviews. He's one of those rare dudes that instantly puts you in a good mood when you see him. I was meh on the pick at first, but I'm thinking he could be a game changer on so many levels. What a breath of fresh air.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can I just say I really F*CKING LOVE THIS KID!

Sincerely, nothing grows my heart 3 sizes more than someone being humble. 

I love that about him.

I'm sure one day it will leave for the most part but it's so nice to see.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On draft night I was ticked that we didn't draft Josh Allen. I felt it was more of a position of need. We ultimately got our edge rusher with Polite, but I feel Allen is the more polished prospect. Don't get me wrong... I believe Q Williams has "game wrecker" potential. If utilized correctly, this kid will be in multiple pro bowls when all is said and done.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The interview is definitely great to watch, I highly recommend it.  Some of the things I thought were the best, paraphrased.

How do you think they're going to use you?
I'll play wherever they tell me to play.  If they tell me to be a kickoff returned, I'll go out there and try to dominate.

How many positions did you play in college?
I think I played 5 different positions in one game.  But that's college.  This is the NFL.  I'm starting over.  Gotta break down my whole game and be ready to start from scratch.

Which QB do you most want to sack?
I mean, all of them.  Whoever I'm up against.  It's not like I'm going to work extra hard for certain QBs.  I always go hard, always the same.  And I just want to get my first sack.  Getting 1 sack in the NFL is amazing.  And after I get that, I'll just want to get multiple sacks.  I'm just trying to get my first tackle.  My first TFL.  My first down.

But wouldn't it be amazing to sack Brady?
It's amazing that I wasn't even born when he started playing.


 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

On draft night I was ticked that we didn't draft Josh Allen. I felt it was more of a position of need. We ultimately got our edge rusher with Polite, but I feel Allen is the more polished prospect. Don't get me wrong... I believe Q Williams has "game wrecker" potential. If utilized correctly, this kid will be in multiple pro bowls when all is said and done.

Josh Allen’s ceiling is Anthony Barr.

Q Williams is Aaron Donald. 

Doesn’t mean either is guaranteed to reach it. But, you don’t draft that high for need, unless the need is a blue chip.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You can tell the media already loves this guy..  I doubt we'll be seeing any negative articles about him over the years unless he busts completely..  which from all accounts is very unlikely.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So he met Bell yesterday.

So maybe Bell isn't working out in the voluntary workouts, but he's been in the building, so I'm sure he's got the playbook, i-pad etc. etc. everything he needs to keep up to speed in the classroom.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not to derail the Quinnen Williams talk, but the Jachai Polite interview was just below it. Listening to Polite (who seems pretty serious and grateful), he says that he has run the 40 only 3 times in his entire life. That is just unbelievable to hear that someone prepping for the combine was not running the 40. I don't know if that was his decision or the people that were preparing him, but damn. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

So he met Bell yesterday.

So maybe Bell isn't working out in the voluntary workouts, but he's been in the building, so I'm sure he's got the playbook, i-pad etc. etc. everything he needs to keep up to speed in the classroom.

Came here to pretty much say the same thing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, thshadow said:

How many positions did you play in college?
I think I played 5 different positions in one game.  But that's college.  This is the NFL.  I'm starting over.  Gotta break down my whole game and be ready to start from scratch.

Woah.

ok this kid might turn out great.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The medallion he wears around his neck is a photo of his deceased mother.  Not the hood ornament from a Mercedes Benz. 

This kid was raised right.  Fame, success, and adulation will not ruin him.  Nothing will.  Big things ahead.  It will be heart warming to watch.  And fun.

The tape was great.  The individual is better.  We got lucky.  Two years in a row.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, JiF said:

He is absolutely adorable.  I freaking love this kid. 

Don't give a ****. D'Slob was an adorable fat kid. Leo was so "humble" and "full of personality", too. 

 

If dude isn't Aaron Donald, it was a wasted pick. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, maury77 said:

Listening to Polite (who seems pretty serious and grateful), he says that he has run the 40 only 3 times in his entire life. That is just unbelievable to hear that someone prepping for the combine was not running the 40. I don't know if that was his decision or the people that were preparing him, but damn. 

Assuming he's not lying, I can't think of a single reason that would happen.  Is he crazy stupid *and* has a crazy stupid agent?

But, on the bright side - it has ZERO to do with how well he plays football.  And we didn't draft him for our track team.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Don't give a ****. D'Slob was an adorable fat kid. Leo was so "humble" and "full of personality", too. 

 

If dude isn't Aaron Donald, it was a wasted pick. 

I'd like us to draft a guy that other guys get compared to. That's what I'm hoping for. When's the last time that happened? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

Love it. Really does look like a teenage kid that just made it to the nfl and still can’t believe it. 

Hopefully the Jets don’t ruin his spirits. 

he is like a baby dragon.  eating people alive is just what he does.  no harm meant by it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, maury77 said:

Not to derail the Quinnen Williams talk, but the Jachai Polite interview was just below it. Listening to Polite (who seems pretty serious and grateful), he says that he has run the 40 only 3 times in his entire life. That is just unbelievable to hear that someone prepping for the combine was not running the 40. I don't know if that was his decision or the people that were preparing him, but damn. 

Eff the combine, it’s the place where busts like Vernon Gholston shine... players in shorts running and jumping....his highlights in actual games look awesome...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...