Quinnen Williams Interview

KRL

On draft night I was ticked that we didn't draft Josh Allen. I felt it was more of a position of need. We ultimately got our edge rusher with Polite, but I feel Allen is the more polished prospect. Don't get me wrong... I believe Q Williams has "game wrecker" potential. If utilized correctly, this kid will be in multiple pro bowls when all is said and done.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

1 hour ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

On draft night I was ticked that we didn't draft Josh Allen. I felt it was more of a position of need. We ultimately got our edge rusher with Polite, but I feel Allen is the more polished prospect. Don't get me wrong... I believe Q Williams has "game wrecker" potential. If utilized correctly, this kid will be in multiple pro bowls when all is said and done.

Josh Allen’s ceiling is Anthony Barr.

Q Williams is Aaron Donald. 

Doesn’t mean either is guaranteed to reach it. But, you don’t draft that high for need, unless the need is a blue chip.

Not to derail the Quinnen Williams talk, but the Jachai Polite interview was just below it. Listening to Polite (who seems pretty serious and grateful), he says that he has run the 40 only 3 times in his entire life. That is just unbelievable to hear that someone prepping for the combine was not running the 40. I don't know if that was his decision or the people that were preparing him, but damn. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

43 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

So he met Bell yesterday.

So maybe Bell isn't working out in the voluntary workouts, but he's been in the building, so I'm sure he's got the playbook, i-pad etc. etc. everything he needs to keep up to speed in the classroom.

Came here to pretty much say the same thing. 

2 hours ago, thshadow said:

How many positions did you play in college?
I think I played 5 different positions in one game.  But that's college.  This is the NFL.  I'm starting over.  Gotta break down my whole game and be ready to start from scratch.

Woah.

ok this kid might turn out great.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, JiF said:

He is absolutely adorable.  I freaking love this kid. 

Don't give a ****. D'Slob was an adorable fat kid. Leo was so "humble" and "full of personality", too. 

If dude isn't Aaron Donald, it was a wasted pick. 

• Thumb Down 6
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, maury77 said:

Listening to Polite (who seems pretty serious and grateful), he says that he has run the 40 only 3 times in his entire life. That is just unbelievable to hear that someone prepping for the combine was not running the 40. I don't know if that was his decision or the people that were preparing him, but damn. 

Assuming he's not lying, I can't think of a single reason that would happen.  Is he crazy stupid *and* has a crazy stupid agent?

But, on the bright side - it has ZERO to do with how well he plays football.  And we didn't draft him for our track team.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Don't give a ****. D'Slob was an adorable fat kid. Leo was so "humble" and "full of personality", too. 

If dude isn't Aaron Donald, it was a wasted pick. 

I'd like us to draft a guy that other guys get compared to. That's what I'm hoping for. When's the last time that happened? 

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

Love it. Really does look like a teenage kid that just made it to the nfl and still can’t believe it. 

Hopefully the Jets don’t ruin his spirits. 

he is like a baby dragon.  eating people alive is just what he does.  no harm meant by it.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

14 hours ago, maury77 said:

Not to derail the Quinnen Williams talk, but the Jachai Polite interview was just below it. Listening to Polite (who seems pretty serious and grateful), he says that he has run the 40 only 3 times in his entire life. That is just unbelievable to hear that someone prepping for the combine was not running the 40. I don't know if that was his decision or the people that were preparing him, but damn. 

Eff the combine, it’s the place where busts like Vernon Gholston shine... players in shorts running and jumping....his highlights in actual games look awesome...

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1