LT Trent Willams asking for Trade

10 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

He’ll be 31 at the start of the season. Best case is if he plays another 5 years. Peters is doing it so it’s possible. 

Not sure a first is prudent to be honest. 

Williams might be the best LT in the game right now. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Yep

And could be our solution at the position for 4-5 years.

If you think the Jets finish picking outside the Top 10 this year, I think it’s worth it.

This would be a sort of copy of how the Rams built a line for Goff, and giving up a second or possibly even first for Trent Williams would be a good move if he was under contract.  

35 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

He’ll be 31 at the start of the season. Best case is if he plays another 5 years. Peters is doing it so it’s possible. 

Not sure a first is prudent to be honest. 

Well after our SB victory our #1 is basically a high #2!! =D>

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

No. No more malcontents. It always ends poorly.

Doesn't seem like a typical malcontent situation: 

He's told teammates he has demanded a trade or his release from the club due to their handling of his recent medical situation. Has vowed not to play for them

The Redskins are an awful organization, so this isn't particularly surprising. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, varjet said:

This would be a sort of copy of how the Rams built a line for Goff, and giving up a second or possibly even first for Trent Williams would be a good move if he was under contract.  

I think at one point the Niners had 3 first round OL picks, and steelers had 2. Kap had a serious OL.

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

So he’s not content.

Based on their handling of his medical situation.  Meaning no one is claiming he is a locker room cancer, a lazy bum or selfish.  Those are the 3 characteristics that would follow him to his next team.  This doesn't appear to be a situation like that. 

More information would be needed but based on the information at hand he's not a malcontent. 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

wouldnt mind adding either Harrison or Trent . Trent would cost significantly more though rightfully so.

Na. Harrison being late so often that they straight up released him???

Sounds like another Mo Wilkerson situation that we should pass on. 

We dont need that energy within the lockeroom.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Overthecap says the Skins would save around 11mil this year and 12mil next year of they trade Trent.

Does that mean that's all we'd have to pay one of the better LTs in the game?

If that's the case you can probably get him for very little in trade value, 4th is my guess - just taking the cap hit off their hands.

What a move this would be for Douglas/Gase to pull off.  Would build an awful lot of good will with the fan base..

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Na. Harrison being late so often that they straight up released him???

Sounds like another Mo Wilkerson situation that we should pass on. 

We dont need that energy within the lockeroom.

Do you mean a cancer in the locker room and off the field? Or both?

39 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

No. No more malcontents. It always ends poorly.

But there’s a sense in some league circles that Williams is concerned about more than his contract, and that he has hard feelings against the team regarding the manner in which the tumor/growth on his head was handled

• Upvote 1

I am usually one to eye roll posts suggesting the team throw away a #1 on every player we might like but here it might be worth serious consideration. Williams is a top LT who might only have five years left to play but if you think Darnold might be QB here for the next fifteen years then maybe a single first round pick is worth securing Darnold's blind side for 20-30% of his career. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

46 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

wouldnt mind adding either Harrison or Trent . Trent would cost significantly more though rightfully so.

Harrison is 6'6 295 plays LT /T and 25.....played 8 games in 2018. Is he a head case, trouble, injury prone ?

4 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

I am usually one to eye roll posts suggesting the team throw away a #1 on every player we might like but here it might be worth serious consideration. Williams is a top LT who might only have five years left to play but if you think Darnold might be QB here for the next fifteen years then maybe a single first round pick is worth securing Darnold's blind side for 20-30% of his career. 

I don't want to pay a 1 for anybody who is 31.  But I don't think it would take that much.  Beachum and a pick?

• Sympathy 1

25 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Based on their handling of his medical situation.  Meaning no one is claiming he is a locker room cancer, a lazy bum or selfish.  Those are the 3 characteristics that would follow him to his next team.  This doesn't appear to be a situation like that. 

More information would be needed but based on the information at hand he's not a malcontent. 

Everything I have read suggests he wants a new contract. Not sure what the medical stuff is about but the Jets do have one of the best medical staffs in the NFL from what I have heard. 

If the Jets intend on trading for him, they should be ready to pony up. Maybe Beachum can be involved in the trade. 

He would be a big upgrade. I would not give up a first round pick however. He's 30 and has been beat up the past few years, missing a significant amount of time due to misc. injuries (no wonder he is angry with the medical staff...although it may not be their fault). 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

I don't want to pay a 1 for anybody who is 31.  But I don't think it would take that much.  Beachum and a pick?

You might regret giving up Beachum.  Trent Williams hasn't played a full season since he signed that extension in 2015. He is locked up for 2 years, but he wants a new deal.  I wouldn't offer a 1, but I would see what it would take.  

• Sympathy 1