The #Patriots have released WR Antonio Brown, as he indicated on Twitter. They have moved on.

AbstraKt

“STUNNING & BRAVE move by the Patriots” - media
We’ll just forget that they likely colluded in order to sign him and definitely didn’t do their due diligence. Love the egg on their faces. Hope they have to eat that $9 million 
He was on the roster for the first game so its likely they will have to eat it.

Sent from the Suicide Watch desk.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

He was on the roster for the first game so its likely they will have to eat it.

Sent from the Suicide Watch desk.

Just heard on Michael Kay, if the league put him on the exempt list they’d have to pay him. And they owed him $5 mill on Monday. 

Pats got ahead of it but cutting him now. 

They made a money decision. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Didn't he get a $9M signing bonus?

From what i'm reading, they will likely get most of it back (minus the salary for the one game he played) depending on details of the contract, however it stays on the books this season, limiting FA moves they can do and they'll only get it back next year as a credit.

• Upvote 1

so...   with the metoo movement and all...  i have come to ponder the use of the word "assault" ...   

i mean, if he jizzed on some womans back its obviously sick and wierd and creepy and wrong...  i dunno..  i consider assualt more violent...

but his acts are of a aggravated sexual sort...   he certainly deserves to get a royal beatdown by the men in these womens families...

thatd be a nice headline to read, actually...

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I don’t know man, I guess I’m okay living in an era where we can call uninvited bukkake “sexual assault.”

i know... of ourccse, i am not not ok....... its just a thing i have with words...   

psst- you used bukkake incorrectly...   see what i mean? 

• WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1