Shut UP, Romo!

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

I actually like Romo as a commentator. 

Same here. Listening to him, he actually sounds like he knows the game, unlike practically all the other buffoons we are forced to listen to.

Plus, he likes Sam Darnold. I approve of that.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

Both of them kept commenting on Cowboys injuries and other things.   But barely mentioned the Jets who were also missing key players.  They didn't even notice the Jets were without their left tackle till Shell gave up a sack.   

Yeah I suspect that it is a corporate CBS thing as much as anything. He's an incredible Darnold homer and he actually offers unique insights.

1 hour ago, Dinamite said:

Both of them kept commenting on Cowboys injuries and other things.   But barely mentioned the Jets who were also missing key players.  They didn't even notice the Jets were without their left tackle till Shell gave up a sack.   

Not to mention Mosley and Herndon. No doubt they were slanted toward the Cowboys being the better team.

4 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Good God, man. Shut up. 

I don't know man... I agree with you often. A lot.

But not on this.  Romo provides something that none of these other color clowns do.  An intelligent combo of the game through a QB's, and a coach's eye.

I believe I know this game well after watching for 35+ years, but Romo is the ONLY commentator left that can still teach me something occasionally during a game.

Priceless.

• Upvote 3

43 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

But not on this.  Romo provides something that none of these other color clowns do.  An intelligent combo of the game through a QB's, and a coach's eye.

I believe I know this game well after watching for 35+ years, but Romo is the ONLY commentator left that can still teach me something occasionally during a game.

Priceless.

This. Romo is a goof, but a football-smart goof, and that’s his schtick. But love that or not, he provides a middle level of insight that is neither too vanilla, nor too intricate for the average fan. I find it a breath of fresh air. Not sure how anyone could call him bias today, since he spent a fair amount of time pumping up certain jets. I’m pretty happy when Romo is on a Jets game.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:

I don’t get the romo love, I don’t hate him but don’t see any other difference between him and all the other color guys that ball wash players they are covering that week 

I usually like him.  Today, he was covering a team that still has many of his good friends on it, so he was a bit of a homer. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

Priceless.

I get it, but sometimes less.is more. That's all. 

3 hours ago, RoadFan said:

something like this... 

didnt watch today...  but have seen games where he was the guy. smart analysis. 

8 hours ago, Reynolds1029 said:

Good commentator but whomever at CBS decided it was a good idea for him to cover Dallas games needs to be fired. This guy is such a homer it's nauseating. 

Homer? He came just short of saying “I wanna sleep with Darnold” and he’s a homer?

”Good god”

I suspect that they expected a Dallas blowout and planned to keep the game interesting by using both the Dallas injuries and Darnold’s future promise as reasons to watch. Their prep sheets were likely filled with this material. Comments on Jets injuries would then be “off script”. Add to this Dallas/NE homerism and the whole broadcast falls into place.

BTW—Only buy Reynolds Aluminum foil dated pre-Sept 2018 since the government changed the alloy to a brain-wave transparent version.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Haha 2