Leonard Williams traded to the Giants

extmenace

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Do whatever you like. 

IMO this is a "meh, ok, least we got something for our failure" moment, not a "WOW DOUGLAS IS SO SMART WE FLEECED THEM VAGIANTS GUD AREN'T WE GREAT" moment.

/shrug, I'll never understand this fanbase.

What would you have preferred? Giving a Leo an extension. It was a good move 

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, fullblast said:

Good value for a guy who had no future here. Looking forward to the next first round pick who actually manages to earn a second contract here. It's been a while.

2016 -- Trade for a 5th

2015 -- Traded for a 3rd and 5th

2014 -- Traded for a linebacker, out of the league

2013 -- Traded for a 2nd and a WR

2013 -- Out of the league, never played after year 2

2012 -- Out of the league, cut in the middle of his fourth season

2011 -- Huge extension, immediately dogged it and became an albatross.

7 first round picks on defense, none of them hit, the offense is the worst in the league. Your New York Football Jets!

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, Mo Lew said:

What if Leo gets 3 sacks next game? 

shows how bad the coaches are or maybe the scheme they were using is that bad, but from 2 different coaches and the same performance I find it hard to believe it is more then scheme, like I said earlier maybe he is not a end but a 4/3 tackle

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Is Dave Gettleman stupid enough to overpay an underperforming DT? 

If he was stupid enough to give up an early 3rd and 2021 5th for an underperforming DT when his team is 2-6, he's certainly stupid enough to give that underperforming DT an expensive contract extension.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2

Trading leo makes sense since he was on a contract year and he wasn't going to be on the team last year. All the leo hatred does not make sense to me though. Was he the superstar we wanted him to be? No. But he was a decent player similar in alot of ways to snacks in my opinion who everyone seemed to love.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, bealeb319 said:

Trading leo makes sense since he was on a contract year and he wasn't going to be on the team last year. All the leo hatred does not make sense to me though. Was he the superstar we wanted him to be? No. But he was a decent player similar in alot of ways to snacks in my opinion who everyone seemed to love.

Snacks was an NAIA player and UDFA.  An underdog story.  Leo was a # 6 overall pick who came off as lazy a lot of the time.  

• Upvote 1

Williams from looking at him was not a guy who liked working out. Looks flabby even for a DT. They were not giving him a new contract. Tear off the bandaid and get what you can for him. 

• Upvote 3

When you get drafted top 10 and you evolve into a "decent player" that is not going to make a fanbase happy. Especially when we have selected interior DL as often as we have in recent years. 

With Quinnen around and the emergence of some other dlinemen, this trade was a no brainer. 

The bigger question is whether we will/should trade Robby. 

• Upvote 3

Giants have to be trying to extend him. You cant give up 2 decent picks on a 2-6 team for 8 games. 

They could also just franchise him and give him 1 year to see if they fork over 80 plus mil. They have money to franchise him and see if he's worth a long term deal. 

Giants D is terrible so it's worth a try. 

15 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Why did you come here for?  To bitch about a trade.  

Another post whining about fans acting like fans.  

But hey, PAC agrees with this shlt

I came here to talk about the trade.

You, as usual, came here to talk about me.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

43 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Solid return for an underperforming player. At least Leo won’t have to uproot his whole life. 

Yes!  2020 3rd PLUS a 2021 5th?   if the Giants sign him beyond this year (which they will), we get a 2021 4th instead of a 5th.  (almost like a comp pick!)

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

When you get drafted top 10 and you evolve into a "decent player" that is not going to make a fanbase happy.

"Williams was the best player in the draft regardless of position. If you're the Jets, you had to take him. The sky's the limit with this kid. He's stout against the run and athletic as can be." -- Mike Mayock

What a complete boob.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I'll take it.

Let's keep it going with Robbie 

its actually more than i was hoping to get, i hoped for a 3rd, ill take a 3rd and a possible 4th for a guy were werent resigning anyway. 

or will joe douglas pull a brian cashman and trade him away only to sign him back for short money next season and get leo and a 3rd and 5th?!!?!?! lol 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

When you get drafted top 10 and you evolve into a "decent player" that is not going to make a fanbase happy. Especially when we have selected interior DL as often as we have in recent years. 

With Quinnen around and the emergence of some other dlinemen, this trade was a no brainer. 

The bigger question is whether we will/should trade Robby. 

two years from now we can get a  4th and a 5th from him and it will be trade gold -wash rinse repeat the jets mo

1 minute ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

"Williams was the best player in the draft regardless of position. If you're the Jets, you had to take him. The sky's the limit with this kid. He's stout against the run and athletic as can be." -- Mike Mayock

What a complete boob.

From the guy who drafted Clellin Ferrell 4th.

6 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Leo couldn't hold Snacks jock back when he was on the Jets. There is no comparison between prime Snacks and Leo.  None. 

• Upvote 3