Grade the Leo Williams Trade

What Grade to you give Douglas for the Leo Trade  

199 members have voted

1. 1. What Grade to you give Douglas for the Leo Trade

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/12/2019 at 10:23 PM

1 minute ago, bealeb319 said:

The season has not been a good one for us but we are approaching the easiest part of it and the best thing we could do for darnold and the rest of our locker room is win games. 

Unfortunately there's this thing called a trade deadline.  We couldn't wait for Leo to "pad his stats" and "win some games".  Whatever that looks like for a guy like Leo who can't rush the passer even under the best of circumstances.  

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Since Douglas isn't the one who drafted Leo, you have to ignore the draft slot, no?

Yes of course, I'm just saying its difficult as a fan to forget that we spent a premium pick on this guy a few years back and are getting much less in return. The reality is though hes an average player in a contract year so the deal is good 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

What was the alternative?  Sit Leo down in a contract year?  All offseason we had people telling us that the breakout year was coming from Leo now that a "real DC" was here.  It never happened.  Luckily, Dave Gettleman is dumb.  

Showcasing the worst DL on the team, useless, not worth a 5th, etc etc. read then board. He sucks 

1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

Showcasing the worst DL on the team, useless, not worth a 5th, etc etc. read then board. He sucks 

Yes, he sucks.  And we just got an early 3rd and a 2021 4th/5th.  There's literally nothing to complain about when it comes to the trade itself.  Any complaints should be reserved for Mike Maccagnan for drafting him in the first place.  

• Sympathy 1

I'd say like B+.  I'm very, very happy with the trade, and it became that much more important with only a half season left on a contract for a guy not worth the cost of bringing back, but in fairness, it's not like it's an all-time great deal either.  Perhaps you could justify going with an A if grading on a curve (with that curve simply being "Jets GM").

Change the thread to anyone who doesn’t think it’s an A, please explain yourself. How is selling off a bust player in a lost season that isn’t coming back anyway not an A? If we miss both picks and Leo somehow becomes a player, he still sucked here and that’s all that matters. It’s an A 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Given what he has done and his price, it is an A; the absolute best we could have done by letting him walk would be a 3rd (2021), I would have Guessed a 4th if we got anything. So a 3rd in 2020 is better. The 5th in 2021 is just gravy (about what we would have gotten at the bottom for letting him walk).

The only way it could have been better is if he was traded to a team that went to the SB and he had a 5 sack game as they crushed Brady and the cheats...

It should be a relatively high 3rd, so that's good.

It save about 2 million on the cap, which can be brought forward, also good.   Assuming the Giants re-sign him, also get a 4th the following year (otherwise a 5th), so that helps mitigate the cost of the Pats trade.

16 minutes ago, victorjets said:

If the Giants don't re-sign Leo, what kind of compensatory pick could they get for losing him?

Depending on the money he gets, up to a 3rd.  

However, it would be a late 3 (last in the round), and that only is in effect if they don't sign their own FA.   That's the thing, if the Jets let him go, and signed some FA of their own, they would have received nothing.

• Upvote 1

Good trade. Of course I was hoping for more but a losing team’s 3rd and a 2021 4th is pretty solid.
Just get OL in here and a lot of em.

Leo is one of the biggest draft busts in the past decade for us. I could not believe how incredibly ineffective he actually was during games.
Just the worst.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

this will be like farrior  part two  he will do better when he leaves the jets-jets drafted a bunch of guys on defense and then built defenses that did not suit their skills. Rex would have had this defense firing on all cylinders littered with high draft picks all over-now Rex might not have done well with sam like sanchez but our team would be at least entertaining  to watch

6 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Good trade. Of course I was hoping for more but a losing team’s 3rd and a 2021 4th is pretty solid.
Just get OL in here and a lot of em.

Leo is one of the biggest draft busts in the past decade for us. I could not believe how incredibly ineffective he actually was during games.
Just the worst.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

no that would be VG at least leo is on the field

So you trade a 3rd pick in the 1st round for a 3rd round and 4th or 5th round pick

Out of curiosity, how does that work out on the draft points scale?

In got the following based in the 2019 draft that was 2200 points traded for 361 even with the 4th in 2021 and the Giants finishing last both years

So what would the comp pick have been if they kept him?

1 minute ago, Drums said:

Great value I think. I gave it a B because an A would be something ridiculous like a 2nd, but I am super happy with what we got. I think Leo also wins because as of right now,  he only needs to change colors, not pick up and move.

I couldn’t give an A because we could have had a second if Mac did the right thing and traded Leo last April 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetfan13 said:

U guys r all idiots. Wanna know why we don’t have any stars? Because they know we will just trade them away before resigning them and they will get more money somewhere else so why bother working hard.

Tell that to Belichick who trades away guys like Seymour or says bye to Wes Welker