Griffen out 6 months

LockeJET

TE Ryan Griffin, who missed the last three games due to an ankle injury, had surgery a week ago to repair torn ligaments. He said his recovery will be six months, meaning he will miss a chunk of the offseason program. He said the ligament damage was so significant that the recovery time would be quicker if it had been simply a broken ankle. He was hurt soon after signing a three-year extension.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

A play making TE is now perhaps a day 2 draft option as much as it annoys me to say that.  For sure a day three option.  Legit good TEs make modern day offenses.

they just gave Ryan Griffin an extension even if you are saying it's a need is accurate, they are going to pretend it's not and hope for the best there 

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, bitonti said:

they just gave Ryan Griffin an extension even if you are saying it's a need is accurate, they are going to pretend it's not and hope for the best there 

Keep looking for another TE.  The things that kelce, kittle, higbee, jonnu smith etc are doing are big time.  also see what happened to the pats when they lost their TE

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Butterfield said:

Been there, done that.  I didn’t have surgery, but after blowing it up, the ankle was never the same. 

Me too... in fact it became so tender I couldn't step on a nickel or a bottle cap for years without it just rolling and me hitting the ground it sucked.

This is bad news man this guy actually was doing some good stuff

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, David Harris said:

He’s a JAG

Wesco aspires to be a JAG

Herndon should Easily be a top 10 TE next year

He's a Jag?  Seems to me he has zero problem playing TE in the NFL. He is a solid blocker and effective safety Valve with very good hands. Gronk he is not,  but he's a very solid #2 TE for the Jets. The bigger problem is that Herndon was both suspended AND placed on IR this season. That's two strikes toward Herndon being another wasted opportunity for the Jets.  He was hurt in his Rookie season too. Not good. I'm not so sure Sam even remembers who he is. 

Wesco will be fine and a guy you want on the team as the #3. He's young, hard working and will continue to get better.  He will have to earn his spot in training camp, but I have every confidence he will.  Not everyone comes out of the gate as a word beater. By year 3 he will have to show he's more capable. He's fine where he is. 

• Sympathy 1

15 hours ago, Butterfield said:

Been there, done that.  I didn’t have surgery, but after blowing it up, the ankle was never the same. 

Blew out my ankle ligaments too and it was a long time before I could walk right.

Aches like a MF during snowstorms. (Like right now)

16 hours ago, Beerfish said:

A play making TE is now perhaps a day 2 draft option as much as it annoys me to say that.  For sure a day three option.  Legit good TEs make modern day offenses.

Once again you make zero sense. Griffin will be back for camp. Herndon will be back. Brown was effective enough and we just spent a 4th rounder on a TE last year in Wesco 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Me too... in fact it became so tender I couldn't step on a nickel or a bottle cap for years without it just rolling and me hitting the ground it sucked.

This is bad news man this guy actually was doing some good stuff

Yep.  Same with me.  Took 10-12 years for it to stop doing that all the time.  

24 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Blew out my ankle ligaments too and it was a long time before I could walk right.

Aches like a MF during snowstorms. (Like right now)

Its been 22 years, and it still aches at times.  Its still swollen looking.  The doctors told me the same thing Griffen said, I would gave been way better off just breaking the ankle.  

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Yep.  Same with me.  Took 10-12 years for it to stop doing that all the time.  

Its been 22 years, and it still aches at times.  Its still swollen looking.  The doctors told me the same thing Griffen said, I would gave been way better off just breaking the ankle.  

Mine was 18 years ago and still acts up with the weather.

Up here in Maine it's like a 5 month winter.... So I got that going for me.

• Haha 1

So he's out 6 months he will be ready by training camp.  So with any surgery we will see how he heals and hope he doesn't lose to much mobility.   Herndon is still a good player if he can stay out of trouble.  Wesco is still a work in progress and I think he played well when given an opportunity.    

• Upvote 1

Just now, MS jets Fan said:

So he's out 6 months he will be ready by training camp.  So with any surgery we will see how he heals and hope he doesn't lose to much mobility.   Herndon is still a good player if he can stay out of trouble.  Wesco is still a work in progress and I think he played well when given an opportunity.    

A positive reasonable take.  Is that even allowed on this board?

• Haha 1