Jets have been so bad they forced Joe Beningo into retirement

Rhg1084

I've always thought Carton got more praise than he deserved.  He's competent, but in the better days of radio he wouldn't be viewed as the elite talent he is presented as now.

I honestly think more people listen to Joe & Evan for Joe than Evan, just because Joe has built up a brand and shtick of his own  for 25 years now.  So it's no guarantee ratings are that good for a Carton & Evan show.

43 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

So you’re telling me that Adam Gase got rid of Mike Maccagnan AND Joe Benigno?

Remind me, why do we hate him again?

39 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

And Jamal Adams and Le'Veon Bell!!

Maybe this is how Gase sees it (minus Benigo ?) he felt the need to run these people out town as they just didn’t fit with what he wants period.  And now maybe he expects to be allowed to build from the ground up with his kind of players, Hopefully he is wrong.

9 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Maybe this is how Gase sees it (minus Benigo ?) he felt the need to run these people out town as they just didn’t fit with what he wants period.  And now maybe he expects to be allowed to build from the ground up with his kind of players, Hopefully he is wrong.

The man is a goddamn hero

Maybe we should just let this whole thing run its course.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

If not mistaken isn't Craig Carton a NY Jets fan. 

2 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

Yep Evan and Craig are both be Jets fans

Wait until they recommend Trevor stay in school or pull an Eli then JN will be like

Angry Black Friday GIF by Buyout Footage

• Haha 3

Good luck to  Carton doing live reads for gambling sites. Like putting a junkie in a pharmacy, or an alcoholic behind a bar. 

Objectively this looks like a very sick person being indulged rather than dealing with his problem. Really wish him no ill, but doubt this ends well. 

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Carton is unlistenable. 

As much as Joe is annoying. 

Carton is truly unlistenable to me, and I mean that in the almost literal sense.  I will never listen to that show, I know if I try for even 5 minuets I'll have to turn it off.  The morning show has been immensely better without him.

I'm very disappointed by this decision.

• Upvote 3