Sam has one weakness IMO

Pressure up the middle. He needs a great center and guard combo. Mad Scientist Bill B showcased to the league how to go after Sam. 
I don’t know why he doesn’t get the hell out of there more. He stays in pocket too long, he’s too courageous, and bad things happen. Impacts his accuracy. His velocity. Increases fumbles. Let alone sacks. 
He needs to run 5-10 times a game with this offense and personnel. Jets have no one established but Crowder since letting Bell go. Maybe Mims and Perrine work out but too early. My question is why don’t Coaches know this and design plays for this?? Why the hell not?? Same route trees. Sam stays in pocket. Pocket collapses. Bad sh*t happens. 
I put a lot on Sam here at this stage of his career. But I put at least equal blame on play calling and design. He rolls out and runs magic happens. Without question.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

In the first half when he rolled left, he looked good, made like 10 of 11 completions and didn't get hit.  What changed?

Gase couldn’t have an assistant showing up his genius so he took play calling back at halftime. Guy is a total loser.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, kdels62 said:

The defense started to blitz and dared the QB to beat them, the QB sucks so he did nothing.

I was really rooting for Sam and thought (as a rookie) he might have "it" but of course needed some time to develop. Not every QB is good out of the box, and needs a couple of years. 

But he's either regressed or not progressed in anything from his rookie year. Sure, the team sucks, Gase sucks, but Darnold is just kind of mediocre, at best. 

Once again, Jets need to move on. 

Hopefully, it's with Trevor, but probably not, since, as a Jets fan, I'm used to getting repeatedly kicked in the nuts. 

6 hours ago, jgb said:

Gase couldn’t have an assistant showing up his genius so he took play calling back at halftime. Guy is a total loser.

I didn't get to watch the second half... did that really happen, or is that just sarcasm ?

8 hours ago, nycdan said:

In the first half when he rolled left, he looked good, made like 10 of 11 completions and didn't get hit.  What changed?

When the second half started, the bills made adjustments and had defenders waiting for him once he rolled out. The bills have a legit coaching staff that made adjustments. I am not sold on Josh Allen as a legit QB but the rest of that team and the coaching staff are legit. 

• Upvote 2

Sam stinks & the Coaching stinks. 

Where are the quick slants to offset blitz pressure? Blitz should have 2/3 quick outlets, the short flat behind the Blitz pressure, quick slant, or back shoulder to a spot on the sideline. 

That 2nd half was sickening. 4 total yards had to be another New York Jet NFL record in futility. 

• Sympathy 1

Bills made adjustments at the half, Jets came out, tried to do the same things without any adjustments off of what the Bills switched to.  Abandoned pre snap motion, abandoned the commitment to the running game, to Perine. 

The usual shlt show of an offense

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Bills made adjustments at the half, Jets came out, tried to do the same things without any adjustments off of what the Bills switched to.  Abandoned pre snap motion, abandoned the commitment to the running game, to Perine. 

The usual shlt show of an offense

4 total yards thats pathetic.

Did they lay down or are they really that bad or both. 

9 hours ago, DarnoldHomer said:

Pressure up the middle. He needs a great center and guard combo. Mad Scientist Bill B showcased to the league how to go after Sam. 
I don’t know why he doesn’t get the hell out of there more. He stays in pocket too long, he’s too courageous, and bad things happen. Impacts his accuracy. His velocity. Increases fumbles. Let alone sacks. 
He needs to run 5-10 times a game with this offense and personnel. Jets have no one established but Crowder since letting Bell go. Maybe Mims and Perrine work out but too early. My question is why don’t Coaches know this and design plays for this?? Why the hell not?? Same route trees. Sam stays in pocket. Pocket collapses. Bad sh*t happens. 
I put a lot on Sam here at this stage of his career. But I put at least equal blame on play calling and design. He rolls out and runs magic happens. Without question.

Sam's biggest weakness is the Jets

49 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Pressure in his face, as you said turns his legs into jelly.

That and his pre-snap reads are just awful. He cannot sense early blitz pressure and dump immediately to his check downs. 

Gannon must have said that same thing yesterday 3-4 times. Mind boggling for a 3rd year QB. There are many both here and in the media who criticize Gase for not tailoring his offense to align with Sam's skills. I wonder if Gase just feels that Sam has way too many bad traits to do this.....accuracy(lack there of)  decision making, etc. basically, that it wouldn't matter. On another note, I see what you meant about Franklin in that thread on Saturday.

• Upvote 2

Just now, section314 said:

On another note, I see what you meant about Franklin in that thread on Saturday.

Prime example of Franklin not managing a game and thinking things through. In the 4th quarter, you tell the team before they get on the field a FIRST DOWN wins the game. Of course he scores a TD, which give Indiana a chance. 

11 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

4 total yards thats pathetic.

Did they lay down or are they really that bad or both. 

Say what you want about the team, they havent laid down, they play hard and try.  Theyre just in way over their heads

• Post of the Week 1

26 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Sam stinks & the Coaching stinks. 

Where are the quick slants to offset blitz pressure? Blitz should have 2/3 quick outlets, the short flat behind the Blitz pressure, quick slant, or back shoulder to a spot on the sideline. 

That 2nd half was sickening. 4 total yards had to be another New York Jet NFL record in futility. 

Last time they ran a quick slant. sam held on to ball and got himself hurt

Sam can't concentrate down the field and look at his pocket for fear of getting Mack trucked by the defense at the same time. This game is more than the QB carrying the team. 

My case is look at what Parcells did with Vinny...  He was a total bust until he was on a TEAM that EVERYONE DID THEIR JOB around him!  If the jets were a high wire act, Sam would have been dead a long time ago. 

There's no way to judge him until a team is built around him and functions at a competent level. 

Trevor wouldn't be any better with this garbage around him. Sad!

1 hour ago, MicDrass1 said:

He's not Chad Pennington that's for sure.  Never liked the pick.  I do like the qb at Missouri

Thank goodness he's not!  Could you imagine having to endure watching that type of offense ever again?!  Everything was a 2 yard pass.  13 play drives resulting in a FG.  A guy who could beat crappy teams but then get brutalized by good ones.

Chad was awful!