Belichick: Leaving the Jets was one of the “greatest moments” of his career

Rhg1084

7 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

He was originally the HC then Hess brought in the Tuna he never got over that even after Hess gave him a million and said he would be the HC once Parcells left..

Yep.  

Then before he was offered the job the second time, Woody begged Parcels to take the job.  In the end Parcels decided to stay in the building in some other role.  

Lil Bill knew dang well the Tuna was going to take the team over again at some point of the season.

Plus the whole "Spy Gate" Mangini thing

23 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

lol why does this guy hate us so much? Did Woody sleep with his wife or something ?

I've never quite understood it.  Though I can totally understand why he said it's the best moment of his career (because he ended up in New England, where he's won 6 Superbowls and made 3 others).

I’m still of the belief that Woody said something real nasty to a then retread HC whom he didn’t care weaseled his way out of his deal.

Woody was holding out hope that Parcells would coach again and probably told Belichick to go f*ck himself and he’d fail like he did in Cleveland.

But the real clincher was Spy Gate. That will forever be a blemish on Belichick’s career, talked about long after he’s retired. Add that to the fact that Belichick’s team sucks again without Brady, just like they all did before Brady, and BB has been in a grumpy mood lately...complaining about the salary cap and saying how much he hates us.

• Post of the Week 1

I look at it as a great moment in Jets history too. Can you imagine being such a human puke that you can win 6 championships and still be widely loathed by the entire football viewing universe? All he had to do was NOT BE a cheating, lying, poor sportsman, miserable, grumbling pile of trash and he would be revered by all forever. Take your trophies, I wouldn't want them associated with him. I have too much self respect to go have gone down the road most of the Fandom of the Pats did, actually contorting reality to believe that they are victims.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

54 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

He was originally the HC then Hess brought in the Tuna he never got over that even after Hess gave him a million and said he would be the HC once Parcells left..

That isn't quite the way it went. Parcells was hired by the Jets and was still contractually obligated to the Pats so someone came up with the idea toake Parcells a consultant to Hess Corp and BB would be the HC which was just a way of saying BP was HC just not in name and not on the sidelines. It was later straightened out by the commissioner that the Jets would give the Pats draft pick compensation and Parcells would be allowed to be the HC. BB was HC for a day and worked as the DC under Parcells so he couldn't have been that upset. When BB left, BP had already announced he was leaving the team. Don't know what happened since

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

It’s all water under the bridge at this point. The bellichicken May have screwed the jets but it’s wrong to think parcells didn’t have a role to play in the whole soap opera.  The way parcells left and then stayed out a season or two on,y to resurface as hc of the cowgirls should really bother some people. Who knows if parcells had shown some loyalty and stayed with the jets a few more seasons.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

I’m still of the belief that Woody said something real nasty to a then retread HC whom he didn’t care weaseled his way out of his deal.

Woody was holding out hope that Parcells would coach again and probably told Belichick to go f*ck himself and he’d fail like he did in Cleveland.

But the real clincher was Spy Gate. That will forever be a blemish on Belichick’s career, talked about long after he’s retired. Add that to the fact that Belichick’s team sucks again without Brady, just like they all did before Brady, and BB has been in a grumpy mood lately...complaining about the salary cap and saying how much he hates us.

Yes I'm sure he's all shaken up that Brady has moved on. I'm sure those 6 rings are quite consoling.  Was Weeb a great coach? Damn right Ohhhh but no he wasn't because he won 2 championships with 2 of the greatest QB's in Unitas and Namath.  ETC ETC ETC you can go down the line with great HC's in any sport who coached great players and won titles .  It doesn't take anything away from their ability to coach anymore than it takes away the great players ability to play great.     

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

This what the Johnson’s do to people. Look at the fan base, it’s liking being in an abusive relationship that you never leave.

He left before Johnson took over the team.  The real reason was he didn't want to be the HC with Parcells the head of the football operation. Parcells didn't leave the Jets till after the 2000 NFL season.

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

That isn't quite the way it went. Parcells was hired by the Jets and was still contractually obligated to the Pats so someone came up with the idea toake Parcells a consultant to Hess Corp and BB would be the HC which was just a way of saying BP was HC just not in name and not on the sidelines. It was later straightened out by the commissioner that the Jets would give the Pats draft pick compensation and Parcells would be allowed to be the HC. BB was HC for a day and worked as the DC under Parcells so he couldn't have been that upset. When BB left, BP had already announced he was leaving the team. Don't know what happened since

BP remained in his GM-type role after resigning as HC. Belichick would have had BP over him. He would have had popular and proven BP hanging over his head like the sword of Damocles if BB started having problems.