Robert Saleh Hired: MERGED

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Odds of Sam coming back went up tonight. I think he’ll be much better in the shanahan west coast offense. Could all be smoke. Wilson would also be good in that system. Fields to the Jets is over. Not happening. 

just heard this too on ESPN radio. i forgot the guys name. not the host some football guy. said he would be very surprised if Sam wasnt our QB next year.

well if thats the case i hope we keep the pick and get that WR. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

He game planned against Darnold in Week 2.

Saleh and LaFleur will know exactly what he is.

During that game as an FYI....

Darnold.png.4775334c0d3de202b7ff81ee00da9600.png

Sam's numbers inflated by the last meaningless drive of the game.  It was ugly when game was on.

1 minute ago, Ohhthepain said:

If hes still here I'm praying for Sam Darnold rookie season vibes in 2021???

Shanahan offense is best possible scheme fit for him

Cimini mentioned the offense that Bates ran here in 2018 is a variation of the Shanahan offense. He thinks Darnold will already be familiar with a lot of the concepts LaFleur will be bringing over.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, dcJet said:

Sam's numbers inflated by the last meaningless drive of the game.  It was ugly when game was on.

Sam was fine that game. The defense looked like an epic failure. Not to mention Herndon not being able to catch a beach ball in this game.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Odds of Sam coming back went up tonight. I think he’ll be much better in the shanahan west coast offense. Could all be smoke. Wilson would also be good in that system. Fields to the Jets is over. Not happening. 

Yup, starting to think this is more likely than not. If they go this route I'd much rather they trade out of the 2 than take a WR or tackle there. They'll get a haul for that pick.

• Sympathy 1

I wonder if Adam Gase is all geeked out in his bathroom right now staring at the door knob..with a pepperoni pizza?

Maybe he stays up for 3 days and shows up at Florham Park trying to get in... and they have to have security remove him.

Poor guy..

Then Robert Saleh has to come out, looking like the Lebanese Megamind ...or the Brain from Captain America ...with his veins bulging ... and they have words. Gase  smells like beer, he already has a little blood coming from his nose cuz he's been up for 3 days.. nobody wants to Jack him up too bad but he needs his. So after you hear some body parts crunching he stumbles away yelling f*** you guys this place sucks anyway.

Then Robert Saleh crosses his arms nods his head up and down and we turn the page...lol

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, QB1 said:

Nonsense no one is trading up to 3 for a QB without trying to move up to 2 first

I wouldn’t if I know the jets aren’t taking a QB, I would prefer 3 or any pick lower. Why? Cost less and every QB after Lawrence is very close. What happens at 2 I wouldn’t care at all 

Just now, oatmeal said:

I wouldn’t if I know the jets aren’t taking a QB, I would prefer 3 or any pick lower. Why? Cost less and every QB after Lawrence is very close. What happens at 2 I wouldn’t care at all 

Makes no sense. Use a bunch of assets to trade to 3 only to have another team then trade to 2 and leave you holding your dick 

If Saleh is considering retaining Darnold, all he needs to do is watch Gase's post game conferences.  Gase was horrible, not making excuses for him, but it takes two to tango.  He was simply exasperated after every game at the presser.  Quite the tell tale sign.

• WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

If they still end up drafting a QB -- say, Wilson -- at 2OA, and just sit him behind Darnold for awhile, I'd be okay with that. Best case scenario would be for Darnold to have a resurgence, however unlikely I find that now, and upping his trade value. Then, we can keep the best of the two and trade the other for a good haul of picks.

Of course, this could always be a case of Schefter just making guesses without any actual knowledge of what the Jets plan to do, or a calculated leak by the Jets to increase any potential trade offer for Darnold.

I agree.  Even if we QB at 2, sit rookie and start Sam and maybe increase his trade value or get a comp pick.

Right now the only way to increase Sam's trade value would be to invent a time machine.

• Upvote 1

saying good things about the current QB of the team you just got hired to be the head coach of is a no brainer correct thing to do

whatever happens next is not conditional on him making that comment

perhaps he is good keeping Sam for a year and seeing what he's got

drafting a top QB prospect at 2 is still a must ...  be it to compete with Sam ... or simply be groomed for the first half of the season or so, before coming in as the starter, or if by some miracle sam is able to step up, then the new qb is still a valuable commodity

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, QB1 said:

Makes no sense. Use a bunch of assets to trade to 3 only to have another team then trade to 2 and leave you holding your dick 

Again why would that matter what happens at 2 when Fields/Wilson/Lance are so close in many evaluators eyes? 

If I’m a GM and that’s the case I’m trading to the lowest possible pick to be able to still select one of the three. Saving resources 

• Haha 1

Some of you are crazy.  Sam Darnold has 0 chance of being the qb of this team next year.  Joe D just hired his head coach and now is going to draft his future qb in Zach Wilson.  This is a fresh start for the jets.  Sam is a reminder of a failed regime.  Hes toast here.

Douglas will get the 49ers 2nd round pick for darnold on draft day.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

20 minutes ago, dcJet said:

Jets 3 leading receivers in that game based on snaps played were:

1. Chris Hogan - 59 snaps
  2. Braxton Berrios - 46 snaps
  3. Josh Malone - 42 snaps
  • Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Some of you are crazy.  Sam Darnold has 0 chance of being the qb of this team next year.  Joe D just hired his head coach and now now going to draft his future qb in Zach Wilson.

Douglas will get the 49ers 2nd round pick for darnold on draft day.

“He won’t be here. 0% chance.”

”We will trade him to the team whose coaching staff we just pillaged.” 

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, Jetstream said:

sounds good to me

Fantastic stuff!  He gets it.  Don't hire copycats that parrot you, hire guys that complement you.  And, we had Gase who kept his Yes Man in Dowell Loggains around all the time.

And the irony of everyone worried that he comes from the defensive side of the ball..... he was speaking at the Quarterback Coaching Summit last year! lol

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1