Mogglez and Football Guy Appreciation post

7 minutes ago, football guy said:

It's possible but his relationship is with Joe and I don't think JD wants to meddle too much in the staff decisions. Rich Scangarello and Will Harriger are other names to keep an eye on as QB coach. 

I don’t know who either of those guys are but I am more than happy to complain about them.

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, football guy said:

It's possible but his relationship is with Joe and I don't think JD wants to meddle too much in the staff decisions. Rich Scangarello and Will Harriger are other names to keep an eye on as QB coach. 

Scangarello was QB coach in SF from 2017-2018, so I see the connection.  But the guy has bounced around a LOT.  6 jobs in 8 years everywhere from the 49ers and Broncos to Northern Arizona, the Eagles and even Wagner in Staten Island in 2016.  Just seems strange that he hasn't lasted more than 2 years in any one place in more than a decade, right? Senior offensive assistant with the Eagles in 2020, doesn't seem like a great position to leverage either.

1 hour ago, football guy said:

Raheem Morris (Atlanta Falcons) is one of, if not the, top candidates. Bob Ulbrich (Atlanta Falcons) settled down the defense when Raheem took over as interim HC in 2020 and is someone to keep an eye on. Todd Walsh (Jacksonville Jaguars) is another guy who could make a lateral move, but I can see him coming on as DL too. Mike Rutenberg or Johnny Holland (San Francisco 49ers) would be a logical fits being that they were LB coaches for SF, which is Saleh's bread and butter; could come over as a LB/Assistant HC too. Aaron Glenn (New Orleans Saints) may be a fit but less likely. Scottie Hazelton (Michigan State) is an option.

Would like Raheem Morris a lot!

6 hours ago, football guy said:

Just a few to keep an eye on. I’ll likely have a more specific list in the morning... 

Mike LaFleur (confirmed) 

Demeco Ryans (likely being promoted; blocking Jets) 

Aaron Glenn

Kris Richard

Rich Scangarello

Mike Rutenberg

Press Taylor

Todd Walsh  

Kevin Koger 

Will Harriger

Jerome Henderson

Jeff Ulbrich

Marquand Manuel

Anthony Weaver

Keenan McCardell

Chris Foerster

Chris Morgan 

Bob Babich

Scottie Hazelton

Aaron Whitecotton

Zach Yenser 

Is there a target for that “veteran” coach out there that Saleh may want to consider to bring experience and somebody he can lean on?  (Not that I think Saleh needs it, but I appreciate it when some of the younger coaches do it.)

Would like Raheem Morris a lot!

I would be very happy with Morris. As excited as I and most of us are happy with the Saleh hire, it’s a young staff and having a guy like Morris (who has head coaching experience in the NFL) would be very helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Hard to say right now.  Depends on what San Fran does with DeMeco Ryans I’d imagine.

Also depends on which direction Ryans sees SF going. I guess he’s still under contract however. If both SF & Jets offer the DC role I guess he couldn’t leave for the Jets. 

• Sympathy 1

Appreciation and apologies from all the people who gave them sh*t throughout this process.

Hypothetically, even if they were lying...who cares?! They gave this board so much fun back and forth as a result.

But they were “dead on balls accurate” and we all should thank and appreciate you.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

Ben is a great guy.  I came to him a while ago with some stuff I had heard and, with no reason to “trust” me, he accepted my DM request to corroborate every piece of information I gave him while opening himself up to anything else I hear from my main source.  Really genuine dude.

All you guys did a great job. Was a lot of fun and some of great  times here. Thanks again. 

• Post of the Week 1

9 hours ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Thank you @Mogglez and @football guy for all the information you guys were able to share with us in the HC search process!

Please ignore the trolls in this forum and be sure that your contribution will always be appreciated.

Go Jets!

Thank you guys. Very much appreciated.

Don't think this will get me banned but any chance you have insight to horses that run around a track? Could use all the help I can get. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

Hahaha, that’s great!  He’s open on Twitter about his growth as a person lol, always jokes about how he used to be a cocky SOB ?.

I’ve been on message boards since I was 11.  I started out on a another Jets forum (that shall not be named around these parts) to bond with my dad @Jet Nut over football and the Jets.  I joined here later on in ‘08.  I love it man.  I’ve met some of the most amazing people and friends through these forums and don’t plan on ever really stopping!

I started back on the other site in High school i think? soo what was that probably 04?  Great guys there and then found this after a long long hiatus from message boards.   Couldnt be happier,  no matter how much my girlfriend rips on me for talking to strange men on the internet lol

• Sympathy 1

23 hours ago, SAR I said:

The Jets never give me what I want.  I drank a few Bud Light Seltzers tonight.  Is this a dream?

SAR I

Bud Light Seltzers, how Jets like, no top shelf for you, I take it. What's next, Thunderbird or Night Train? Maybe a Fred Sanford special, Champipple or just plain old Ripple?

For someone who always complains about lowlife Jets fans and their boorish drunken ways, you sure aimed high, lol.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Thank you @Mogglez and @football guy for all the information you guys were able to share with us in the HC search process!

Please ignore the trolls in this forum and be sure that your contribution will always be appreciated.

Go Jets!

Payperview steel cage match. Mogglz vs guy. You know they dont like each other. Id pay 20, you?

• Haha 1