Does anyone else want Justin Fields?

1 hour ago, predator_05 said:

If the jets don't take him, I get th pe the feeling fields is gonna be the Watson of this draft class, he'll inexplicably fall down the order and some other team will get a steal. 

This.

i feel exactly like this, he’s going to be a stud 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, GodDamnSnack said:

I feel like every thread is about Zach Wilson, Deshaun Watson or trading down. I think Fields is a terrific player and that he has a real shot at becoming a star in the league, if he's well supported. He seems to have a winner's edge to him and a lot of tools he can rely on. 

I know I'm not going to change anyone's mind and I don't want to spend the next several pages arguing on how good of a prospect he is. I'm just wondering if anyone else thinks choosing Fields is a solid move for the franchise at qb, like I do. 

Wall Street is going short on Fields. They are sending him to the moon. Other teams will pass as they hold the line. Then the Jets will take Fields in the 3rd round.

:)

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, GodDamnSnack said:

I feel like every thread is about Zach Wilson, Deshaun Watson or trading down. I think Fields is a terrific player and that he has a real shot at becoming a star in the league, if he's well supported. He seems to have a winner's edge to him and a lot of tools he can rely on. 

I know I'm not going to change anyone's mind and I don't want to spend the next several pages arguing on how good of a prospect he is. I'm just wondering if anyone else thinks choosing Fields is a solid move for the franchise at qb, like I do. 

I’d be fine with either Fields or Wilson. As far as fitting in, Fields is probably better suited to play in NY. Both have similar skill set but Fields has the edge and has played against much better competition. Edge: Fields.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, predator_05 said:

If the jets don't take him, I get th pe the feeling fields is gonna be the Watson of this draft class, he'll inexplicably fall down the order and some other team will get a steal. 

Exactly. Which is why I hope JD doesn’t sell the farm for Watson. A fair offer not some wacked out desperate one. Fields has the same makeup as Watson in so many ways. Fields is 6’3 228. 4.42  40. Watson is 6’2 215. 4.67  40.  Both have big arms and both played vs. top competition.  You have to love what Fields did against Clemson and Trevor. That was his Championship bowl game. 

• Upvote 4

I really like Justin Fields, and would love to have him as a Jet.

I do wonder if he is the best fit for the scheme, and I think he could benefit for sitting for a year behind a veteran.

But I also think he's supremely talented, with immense upside.

If the Jets love him and pick him, I'll be very happy with that.

21 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

Whats wrong with him?

No pocket awareness, his decision making when it comes to running is abysmal, can't throw to the side line without balls sailing on him, very simplistic system and shows little to no ability to go through progressions.

Avoid. Interception machine in the NFL.

6 hours ago, GodDamnSnack said:

@JiF

6 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Not sure what to think of Fields.  He looks so good at times and  not great at other times.  He is a big unknown in this draft.

He's certainly not a given @ #2. For that matter none of the QB's not even TL is a given and are only taken this early because of QB needy teams. I believe JD will roll with Darnold for one more year, while giving him some help next year, along with picking up a VET that fits Lafleur's offense. I believe he will trade #2 pick, and use the extra picks to sure up WR, OL early with a CB or Edge sprinkled in around the top of the draft. So for fans of the all or nothing for Watson, I think you better have a drink and get used to seeing either Darnold, or a VET starting for the NYJ next year.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, David Harris said:

He’s got all the tools but feel like he needs to sit a year to learn how to read defenses and then even after that he’s got 50% bust potential - but his ceiling is Russell Wilson, yeah, but that’s just the way drafting QB’s is

Russell Wilson is special even in college. Quick thinking, processes what he sees and seems to be 1 step ahead. If Fields became 60% of Wilson I'd sign on.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

No pocket awareness, his decision making when it comes to running is abysmal, can't throw to the side line without balls sailing on him, very simplistic system and shows little to no ability to go through progressions.

Avoid. Interception machine in the NFL.

Don’t let this kind stuff get in the way!