Trey Lance or Bust Baby!!!

1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

Look I know all about Watson and why he would be great but the odds IMO of the Jets getting him are low low low.......

I also think Zack and Justin are nice but the DUDE we need to get is TREY LANCE!!!!

He is underrated .......trade down within the ten and go get him......

:) 

No.

I think I like the of trading down and grabbing an additional first and grabbing Trey Lance. Let him sit a year while giving Sam a shot to figure it out. The extra first lowers the risk of a total bust at 2 and the move gives us two shots at nailing a Franchise QB. If Sam is decent but not "The Guy" perhaps he could be franchised and traded ala Jimmy G next offseason. 

Is it crazy to say Lance has the highest upside of any QB in the draft? As a runner he's so sudden with an insane burst. As a passer his throwing motion is really nice. Arm is strong enough and pretty deep ball. 

I see Wilson having injury risk. I see Fields and see a throwing motion/progression issues. I see Lance and I see experience issues ? Over simplistic initial thoughts but wouldn't that be the easiest fix of the 3?

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

I am certainly no scout but the play at 1:47 is so insane. Somebody let me know if I am reading this play right. 

The Play starts and his initial read is that out route or the flat.

He then looks to see if one of the other WR is open. 

He then looks to see if the other WR on the Left is open. 

He rolls left and at this point the zone defender starts to run at him at full speed. 

While this defender is running at him he sets his feet and looks at two more options to see if they are open. This part wow-ed me. 

He shakes this defender coming at him with ease. His quickness and burst is crazy for a guy his size btw. 

He runs to the right and throws like 40 yards to a WR for a huge gain. 

I think this is the kind of play not many NFL QB's make. There is a LB sprinting at him full speed head on and he plants and looks at 2 diff WR then shakes off the defender like it was nothing. 

Some QB's can make the same guy miss but they are entirely focused on that defender coming then they will move quick or they'll pump fake and make the guy jump. I don't know if I have ever seen a guy so confident to actually keep reading progressions while knowing fully he's gonna abuse the LB when he feels like it. Amazing play. 

Last thought - Fields should run a 4.45 or so they say. But Lance seems so much more sudden with more burst. Lance looks like a faster Cam Newton with a 1000000x better throwing motion. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Look I know all about Watson and why he would be great but the odds IMO of the Jets getting him are low low low.......

I also think Zack and Justin are nice but the DUDE we need to get is TREY LANCE!!!!

He is underrated .......trade down within the ten and go get him......

As a QB, these are excellent RB highlights.

His best throws involve him staring down a WR or a WR with nobody near him

57 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Last thought - Fields should run a 4.45 or so they say. But Lance seems so much more sudden with more burst. Lance looks like a faster Cam Newton with a 1000000x better throwing motion. 

Your hyperbole reminds me of a certain YouTuber I subscribe to.  But I agree, these highlights make him look the part. 

If he played at a larger school, or even more than one game this year I could easy see top pick potential. 

5 hours ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Underrated? He's a small school guy and a 1 year starter who didn't really play in 2020. That's about as risky as you can get with a top ten pick. With the blue chip talent available in the top ten this year, that'd be a travesty.

Didn’t he just have 1 start in 2020? He had an amazing 2019.

DJ is really high on him if my memory serves me right. If we keep darnold I would let them fight it out from day 1. But I hope we could get him later in the first round.