Elijah Moore to get MRI on Quad

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

Walking off the field means nothing.  How many players have walked off the field over the years only to be given a "out for the year" sentence once the MRI?   Let's all hope Moore's MRI comes back with nothing substantial.

I think Kris Jenkins is still walking to the locker room...

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MichaelScott said:

Walking off the field literally means little to nothing with ligament/tendon damage. You break something badly and you get carted off. Players with torn ligaments/tendons/muscles or severe strains walk off the field themselves all the time.

I'm hoping for the best and have no clue how bad his actual injury is. I'm just saying walking off the field on your own means nothing. 

Hmmm so ur saying DWC is wrong again? Dang

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Walking off is INFINITELY better than being carted off or being helped off the field. So yeah, it's GREAT news that he was able to walk off without help and yes, it means a TON.

Does walking off mean that it's impossible that they find a serious tear? I suppose not, but generally when guys suffer severe tears they don't casually walk off the field. 

Okay, yes - Poorly worded on my part, I stand corrected. Yes, walking off is better to see. What I meant is that when it comes to injuries involving muscles/ligaments (not bone) it's not uncommon at all to see players walk off the field to later find out they suffered a serious injury. Plenty players who end up losing a season to a torn ACL can walk off the field. 

Again, I don't know a thing about his actual injury. I was just saying that there is a flaw in the logic of stating the injury won't be serious because he walked off the field. 

5 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

That 4-8 timeline is the longest it could ever take for recovery. 

I'm no doctor but if he was able to walk off the field on his own, I highly doubt it's as severe as it could be. 

4-8 weeks is most definitely not the longest it could ever take.  A tear will take longer.  Up to 6 months.

2 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Wrote pretty much the same thing above.   Totally agree.  Over the decades, have seen tons of guys walk off only to be ruled out for the year a few days later.  Walking off is NOT a very good barometer of the potential injury.  We know nothing until the MRI.

You’re thinking of knee ligament tears. If you seriously injure your thigh muscle, you are going to limp. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

A lotta people don't know this but MRI actually stands for Miserable Ringing Insidethis****ingtube

I call it “Science Box”

the amount of science going on inside that donut is mid bending- polarizing the protons in your body in a deep magnetic field so you image the body like a loaf of bread slices - like…

12 hours ago, munchmemory said:

It's not a preference.  Just reality.  Again, walking off means nothing.

People are confusing those of us who said that it doesnt necissarily mean hes got a minor tweak with it isnt better than being carted off.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Any chance this is being inflated to keep our best player off the field and out of harm's way this Saturday (ala Cleveland sitting their starters) ?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Highly doubt it. A good portion of our team has no preseason experience. I think a series or two will be beneficial. 

Also only 3 preseason games this year. 

• Upvote 2

Highly doubt it. A good portion of our team has no preseason experience. I think a series or two will be beneficial. 

Also only 3 preseason games this year. 
YeH ... just dreaming... but if he miraculously recovers for the second game ... or the season opener at 100%.... ... ...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk