Game Observations (NYG)

KRL

im happy after last night. but we did what we were suppose to do. beat there backups. most of the game we played a string below ours. 

its like that Seinfeld episode where Kramer learns karate and is top of his class in a week. Jerry is impressed until he finds out Kramer is in a class with 5th graders.

yes i happy, would be a disaster if we played bad. but taking it with a grain of salt

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Just curious, what about the rollout made it look "really ugly"?

The fact that he threw it between two Giant defenders and missed his target by 10 feet because of the pressure.  

It would have been fine if he was throwing it away.

• WTF? 1

9 minutes ago, Biggs said:

The fact that he threw it between two Giant defenders and missed his target by 10 feet because of the pressure.  

It would have been fine if he was throwing it away.

It’s funny that’s how you see it.   I suspect you were one of the anti-zachers. Actually the throw was on target, the receiver stumbled.  Receiver doesn’t stumble it’s likely a catch.  
Things like that are going to happen, especially early.  
Just like one his other incompletions the WR stopped running but the throw was right were ZW wanted it.  Just communication issues that have to worked through. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, KRL said:

It was good to have pre-season football back after a year absence.  Most
will dismiss it, but there's nothing like live reps to see how your roster
is developing.  Let's take a look:

Special Teams

- This is my first time seeing Chris Naggar and I wasn't impressed.  His
leg was short on kickoffs and his FG attempt from 53 yards looked like
a wounded duck.

- Props to Denzel Mims for being on the coverage units.  With him having
a slow start to camp its crucial to make yourself valuable to the coaching
staff by showing you can play specials.

- Impressive "downing" of a punt by Vyncint Smith at the one yard line, as he
raced into the end zone and knocked it back into the field of play.

Defense

- With so much youth in the secondary, it was good to see solid "back 7"
coordination in pass coverage.  Multiple PBU's from the likes of Jamien
Sherwood, Brandin Echols and Javelin Guidry.

- I don't care if it was "pre-season" how nice was it to see a DLine bring
pressure and generate 5 sacks and 10 QB hits.  And with the game "on the 
line" how shocking was it to see the defense actually end the game with
a sack and a safety.  Instead of allowing the offense to drive the field
for a game winning score.

- Its early and after a two year layoff I still have "LeVeon Bell concerns",
but CJ Mosley was impressive in his return to the field.  A noticeable
difference in his speed/range allowed him to cover the middle of the field
on the first play of the game and to knock down a seam pass.  A 2018 Mosley
with more speed would be a huge addition to this defense, we'll see.

- Bryce Huff with a huge game as he got 2 sacks and multiple pressures.  With
the switch to a 4-3 and a return to his natural DE position Huff looked like
an entirely different player.  

- Nice debut by Jonathan Marshall as he brought pressure up the middle,
generated 1.5 sacks and ended the game with a safety.

- Bad missed tackle by Zane Lewis on the 50+ yard NYG run.  He came free off
the left side, stumbled and let the RB out of the gate.

Offense

- Nice to finally see an effective run scheme and multiple "gash runs",
particularly from the #1 OLine.  In addition all the OLines did a good job
securing the pocket for all the QB's.  

- They came up a little bit short (as they had to punt) but a nice end of
game "4 minute" drive by the offense.  They ran the ball effectively, drained
the clock and almost kept NYG from getting the ball back.

- Good to see Denzel Mims show up on offense (3 recs / 51 yards) after a very
slow start to camp.  Hopefully his epic "big boy" run where he dragged 4-5
defenders to pick up a first down will increase his confidence.

- Nice game by Vyncint Smith (3 recs / 39 yards) as he ran with the #1's.

- Bad showings by Kenny Yeboah and Austin Walter.  Yeboah didn't secure the
ball on his catch and gave up a fumble which set NYG up for their only score.
And Walter had a night to forget where on one rep he got run over by a LB
and allowed the QB to get hit.  And on another rep he fell down on a running 
play, got back up took the handoff and then fumbled all on the same play.
You can't make the team with that many mistakes.

QB

- I'm not going to gush over Zach Wilson and say he's "going to Canton" he was
solid and efficient (6/9 63 yards).  The best thing about his play was he didn't
give off any "rookie vibes".  If you didn't know who Wilson was and I said he was
a third year QB just getting a couple of reps in preparation for the season you
wouldn't have been shocked.  There were no fumbled snaps, no missed assignments
and no plays where he looked like a chicken with no head.

- Nice performance by Mike White (13/19 127 yards), he looks like he could be
a competent backup and James Morgan wasn't bad.  After seeing the likes of
Christian Hackenberg "wet the bed" in pre-season, credit the offensive staff for
having the backups ready to play.

With camp set to continue and the joint practices in GB this week, I can't wait
to see Quinnen Williams, Alijah Vera-Tucker and Elijah Moore added back to both
sides of the ball.

Amazing recap, really good job. I was impressed with how the offense seemed to gel. Everyone knew where to be, receivers were open, a refreshing change from years past.

I thought they were going to take Wilson out at the end of the 1st quarter. It was a small sample size and you could say hang them up kid it was a good night. Nope, Saleh says all gas and he means it and he let Wilson finish the drive. They are committed to the kids and it is so exciting.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It’s funny that’s how you see it.   I suspect you were one of the anti-zachers. Actually the throw was on target, the receiver stumbled.  Receiver doesn’t stumble it’s likely a catch.  
Things like that are going to happen, especially early.  
Just like one his other incompletions the WR stopped running but the throw was right were ZW wanted it.  Just communication issues that have to worked through. 

I loved the pick.  Love the kid and don’t want to see a dynamic passer turned into a game manager.  

it was an awful pass under pressure.  It wouldn’t have bothered me at all if they allowed him to make a few dynamic plays.  Since they didn’t and asked him to conservatively manage a couple of scripted plays it was glaring.  Hopefully they let this kid do what he’s capable of doing.  He’s going to look like crap at times he has amazing talent.  I hope they don’t bottle him up.  

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, KRL said:

It was good to have pre-season football back after a year absence.  Most
will dismiss it, but there's nothing like live reps to see how your roster
is developing.  Let's take a look:

You are not kidding.  I enjoyed the game.

Special Teams

- This is my first time seeing Chris Naggar and I wasn't impressed.  His
leg was short on kickoffs and his FG attempt from 53 yards looked like
a wounded duck.

He looked poor.  Amendola showed off his cannon in limited action.  I think Naggar was given the stage and came up short.

3 hours ago, KRL said:

- Props to Denzel Mims for being on the coverage units.  With him having
a slow start to camp its crucial to make yourself valuable to the coaching
staff by showing you can play specials.

It is the key to making the back end of a roster.  If you end up a backup, it can help earn a pension.  But I think we are too harsh on Mims.    He lost some 20 lbs and fell behind.  I liked his Tarzan run towards the end of the game.   We have not heard the last of Denzel Mims.

- Impressive "downing" of a punt by Vyncint Smith at the one yard line, as he
raced into the end zone and knocked it back into the field of play.

I thought the special teams looked good.  Especially the coverage units.  I noted that on the punt coverage units both Sherwood and Nasirildeen were lined up alongside one another on the line.  On one play, Nasirildeen eluded the blocking and made a clean one on one tackle in the open field.   I was delighted to see it. 

Defense

- With so much youth in the secondary, it was good to see solid "back 7"
coordination in pass coverage.  Multiple PBU's from the likes of Jamien
Sherwood, Brandin Echols and Javelin Guidry.

The coordination in the back seven was an unexpected surprise.  It is not that I expect Saleh to be poor at his job.  It is just such a colossal job and this was the first game.   We usually look like Pop Warner out there.

- I don't care if it was "pre-season" how nice was it to see a DLine bring
pressure and generate 5 sacks and 10 QB hits.  And with the game "on the 
line" how shocking was it to see the defense actually end the game with
a sack and a safety.  Instead of allowing the offense to drive the field
for a game winning score.

This is particularly true when you consider that the Giants were playing their number 1s.  On defense they fielded backups, but that was their starting offensive line and we tore them up inside and out.  And our starters were not out there either.  Things are not well with big blue.  Just ask their backup QBs who are big black and blue today.

3 hours ago, KRL said:

- Its early and after a two year layoff I still have "LeVeon Bell concerns",
but CJ Mosley was impressive in his return to the field.  A noticeable
difference in his speed/range allowed him to cover the middle of the field
on the first play of the game and to knock down a seam pass.  A 2018 Mosley
with more speed would be a huge addition to this defense, we'll see.

After the game they interviewed him and he said he was playing at 230 lbs.  When asked, if it made a difference?  He responded with a grin - "oh yeah!".  I too think he is poised for a big year.  Overall I thought two young linebackers - Nasirildeen and Sherwood - were the stars of the night.  Both played pretty much the whole game including special teams.  They were active and effective.  Nasirildeen was a blur arriving to end the play with finality.  He had an excellent game.  Sherwood tends to work inside the pile before shedding and making the tackle.  You could see why the scouting report said he is tough to block because he uses his hands well.  

- Bryce Huff with a huge game as he got 2 sacks and multiple pressures.  With
the switch to a 4-3 and a return to his natural DE position Huff looked like
an entirely different player.  

Bryce is up against the wall as the numbers game is serious on our defensive line.  He had to show that he can bend the edge on passing downs and set the edge against the run.  Well, mission accomplished.  He played about as well as you can play.  I only note that if you put him on the roster along with Franklin-Myers and Fatukasi - BOTH OF WHOM STARTED (that is the pecking order fellas) - then final cuts become truly difficult.  Try it and see.  We will keep eight, perhaps nine.  Worse, whoever gets cut gets picked up.  There is no trash or moves to the practice squad.

- Nice debut by Jonathan Marshall as he brought pressure up the middle,
generated 1.5 sacks and ended the game with a safety.

What I liked best about his game was the consistency of it.  His job is to penetrate into the backfield between the interior lineman.  He was in the backfield for much of the game. 

- Bad missed tackle by Zane Lewis on the 50+ yard NYG run.  He came free off
the left side, stumbled and let the RB out of the gate.

It was not just him on that one.  The defensive end got caught inside and failed to set the edge.  I think it was Huff.

Offense

- Nice to finally see an effective run scheme and multiple "gash runs",
particularly from the #1 OLine.  In addition all the OLines did a good job
securing the pocket for all the QB's.  

Wasn't it?  The scheme actually looked like the scheme.  Is this what good coaching looks like? 

- They came up a little bit short (as they had to punt) but a nice end of
game "4 minute" drive by the offense.  They ran the ball effectively, drained
the clock and almost kept NYG from getting the ball back.

The performance during garbage time was solid. 

3 hours ago, KRL said:

- Good to see Denzel Mims show up on offense (3 recs / 51 yards) after a very
slow start to camp.  Hopefully his epic "big boy" run where he dragged 4-5
defenders to pick up a first down will increase his confidence.

Why yes.   Mims is a slacker.   He lacks commitment.  Why he is just going through the motions and mailing it in.   Harumph!   I think we can see enough to know that this is not Laquan Treadwell.   

- Nice game by Vyncint Smith (3 recs / 39 yards) as he ran with the #1's.

He got hurt early last year but showed polish and promise the season before.   Both Smiths have real ability.  If they do not make the club, I add them to the practice squad instead of league trash.

- Bad showings by Kenny Yeboah and Austin Walter.  Yeboah didn't secure the
ball on his catch and gave up a fumble which set NYG up for their only score.
And Walter had a night to forget where on one rep he got run over by a LB
and allowed the QB to get hit.  And on another rep he fell down on a running 
play, got back up took the handoff and then fumbled all on the same play.
You can't make the team with that many mistakes.

Very true.  Yeboah is not ready to make the club and his future is about his upside once he spends a year in the program on the practice squad.  The scouting report said he has real potential as an inline starter once he adds the the 20 lbs of muscle he needs.  The scouting report made plain that it is his angular frame that has room to add muscle that makes him an attractive prospect.  But he is a work in progress this season.  Next year he will be faced with a final chance to make the roster.

As for Walter, like Huff, he had to show something last night because the numbers game is serious for him.  Unlike Huff, Walter had one of the worst performances on either team.   Too bad.  I had read that he was having a good camp  As for the other backs, Perine looked a man possessed and Ty Johnson remembered why he is in the NFL.   Hey Ty, when we hand you the rock, head for the edge and turn the corner.  Your career depends upon it.  Johnson ran with real decisiveness and showed good burst.   

QB

- I'm not going to gush over Zach Wilson and say he's "going to Canton" he was
solid and efficient (6/9 63 yards).  The best thing about his play was he didn't
give off any "rookie vibes".  If you didn't know who Wilson was and I said he was
a third year QB just getting a couple of reps in preparation for the season you
wouldn't have been shocked.  There were no fumbled snaps, no missed assignments
and no plays where he looked like a chicken with no head.

He did not look scared and checked down nicely.  A few nice throws and he kept moving the sticks.  I could ask no more of him for a debut.

- Nice performance by Mike White (13/19 127 yards), he looks like he could be
a competent backup and James Morgan wasn't bad.  After seeing the likes of
Christian Hackenberg "wet the bed" in pre-season, credit the offensive staff for
having the backups ready to play.

I saw the same thing.  The longer White was in the game the more comfortable he appeared.  He may have played well enough to settle things.  As for Morgan, my first impression was to wonder what was with the hitch in his delivery?  It is like he winds up, uncorks it . . .  and then the ball comes out.  Like the opposite of a quick release.  He too made some decent throws but I could not get used to his throwing motion.  I was one of the few who did not have a problem with drafting Morgan (all I ever ask of the Jets on draft day is to take guys where they are rated and he was rated in the 4th).  Even if he busts, I am still fine with it because it was good value.  But watching last night I saw why White was running ahead of Morgan.  

With camp set to continue and the joint practices in GB this week, I can't wait
to see Quinnen Williams, Alijah Vera-Tucker and Elijah Moore added back to both
sides of the ball.

You and me both.  I want to see Moore and AVT!  Thanks for the write up.

3 hours ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

The competence of the depth players, in addition to the energy & most being rookies, is a testament that we may have something here with the CS. 

They were prepared, didn’t look clueless, and didn’t make drive-killing self-inflicted penalties.  

The coaching staff appeared to leave no stone unturned and were focused until the final second.  Where were all the Jet penalties?  Didn't we jump offsides?  False start?   Delay of game on third and long?  Too many men on the field?  What about crucial personal fouls?  Taunting? 

It was a fine performance by the coaches.

3 hours ago, PepPep said:

Nice write up. 

Nas also made a big play, forcing a fumble inside the 10 to halt the Giants drive. He could play a pivot role in this defense. It was great to see.  

Wasn't he fabulous?  He arrives like a blur but when they unpile it, there is 45 peeling himself off the ball carrier.  He taught me his number by the end of the first quarter.   

3 hours ago, Bronx said:

Are there any good kickers out there?  This is utterly redundant! 

Yeah, methinks Naggar whiffed in his opportunity.  Next.  It is likely that our kicker is not on the roster and we will go with final cut candidates unless Amendola wins the job.  Which he might.  Word is he has an absolute cannon. 

2 hours ago, BUM-KNEE said:

After skimming the film of the game, I noticed Morgan Moses being solid at RT. He didnt get beat, and if he got out of position, he recovers fast.

Also, Wesco is a damn good blocker himself. Hopefully he continues to bloom here and makes life for ZW easier.

Me too on Moses.  Just a solid pro performance.

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

I’m rooting for Huff. I want this guy to prove the world wrong! 

He had to deliver last night and he did.

2 hours ago, KRL said:

I should've mentioned Trevon Wesco, he didn't do anything "stat sexy"
but his blocking as a FB/HB was outstanding. Props to @BUM-KNEE for bringing him up

I do not know how well he graded out, but I do know that his presence on the offense throughout the game told me something.  I think we will run a classic Shanahan offense which features the fullback.  That means that Wesco is both truly important for the Jets and in Jeopardy of being cut in favor of somebody at final cuts.  It is practically a starting job on offense in terms of the number of snaps that can be expected. 

1 hour ago, Drums said:

I can't wait to see AVT and Moore in the lineup. I think we were missing AVT a lot in the run game. I was a little disappointed with Kroft on a few plays-- he missed some blocks. Also Vyncint Smith needs to improve his run blocking. There were a few times his guy made the tackle preventing big gains.

Ty Johnson looks good. Happy to see Mims working to prove everyone wrong. I think the illness was holding him back more than we thought. 

The team already seems more professional and better coached. When they say the team reflects the personality of the coach, well this is a good reflection. 

I too cannot wait to see AVT.  The sooner the starters get snaps together the better.  Last night was not much of a test as the Giants did not play their number 1s on the defensive line.  But for one night, GVR looked good. 

1 hour ago, Bungaman said:

One very good thing about Hamilcar's (sp?) sack is that he didn't come in and 1) go helmet to helmet, 2) smash the QB as hard as he could and get a PF called 3) come in too fast and too high and whiff when the QB ducks under his arms. He went in on him and made a solid wrap up tackle. 

To me, I'll bet this was the result of good coaching. Hit the QB properly, and don't let any of the new breed of mobile QB you will be playing spin out and extend the play. 

A nice observation and it is not a small thing with today's rules.  Coples committed a personal foul every time he neared the QB.  It was like some sort of negative pathology.  They needed to study him.  Rashid needs to get stronger and gain experience as an every down defensive end.   But he was flying around on special  teams and that is how you make rosters.

57 minutes ago, Barkus said:

Naggar’s leg looked weak. Amendola’s leg is much stronger. Hopefully we can see him kick some long FGs in game action and see how he does under the lights.

Vyncint Smith has a very good chance at making the roster. He had some nice catches, had a great play on punt coverage and can return kicks too. 

Both Smiths can play this game and had their moments last night (Jeff is an animal on running plays).  It is just such a shame that neither could stay healthy last season when we desperately needed them.

34 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Q, Mosley and Maye give us a really good + player at each level of the defense. Mosley was my biggest takeaway from last night. Dude looked better than ever. 

He really did look great.  He served notice on one of the first plays of the game where he batted down a pass with a fine timed leap.  It did not appear to be the leap of a 250 lb man and it was not.  He is playing at 230 lbs.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Just re-watched the condensed version of the game.  Another player I think the coaches are going to be impressed with when they watch the film is Zach's old buddy,  #64, Hoge.

He was in for the 4th.  He was also responsible  for a lot of the yards in that game ending drive.  Perine ran behind him the whole way, and he was blowing people out.

I know it was against 3rd stringers, but an intresting guy to keep an eye on

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Jets Offensive Snap Totals: Denzel Mims Makes the Most of His Playing Time

By John B  Aug 15, 2021, 12:00pm EDT  

New York Jets v New York GiantsPhoto by Dustin Satloff/Getty Images

Let’s take a look at offensive snap totals for the Jets from their preseason opener last night against the Giants.

jetsgiants2021preseasonoffense.JPG

Getting a lot of snaps in the preseason opener can be a bit of a blessing and a curse. The prominent players on the roster typically don’t play much. If you are getting extensive action, it is likely a sign you are lower on the depth chart.

Still this presents opportunity. The more playing time you get in preseason, the more chances you have to impress the coaches.

Denzel Mims has been the subject of much attention this year during training camp. Many writers have questioned his place and role on the team. Last night in leading Jets receivers with 33 snaps on offense he produced and at least for one day was able to generate some positive stories. We will have more on Mims over the next few days.

What are your takeaways from the offensive snap totals in the preseason opener?

Jets Defensive Snap Totals: Bryce Huff and Jonathan Marshall Get Their Chance to Produce

By John B  Aug 15, 2021, 3:00pm EDT  

New York Jets v New York GiantsPhoto by Dustin Satloff/Getty Images

Here are the defensive snap totals from last night’s preseason opener between the Jets and the Giants.

jetsgiants2021preseasondefense.JPG

I mentioned this in the offensive breakdown, but getting a lot of playing time in the preseason opener is a bit of a catch-22. It is a sign you aren’t expected to play a prominent role. You might even be on the roster bubble. But you get plenty of opportunity to make an impact.

There certainly were Jets on the defensive side of the ball who made the most of that opportunity last night. Among them were Bryce Huff and Jonathan Marshall, both of whom posted multi-sack games. Huff has a clear path to playing time if he continues to produce. Marshall might have to wait a bit, but the coaches certainly will take note of what he did last night.

What takeaways do you have from last night’s defensive snap totals for the Jets?

41 minutes ago, KRL said:

I've been very critical of the team's lack of padded practices.  So
its only right that I give them huge credit for their physical play
and lack of missed tackles last night

I am in this weird place right now where I feel whatever Saleh decides to do from a practice standpoint is likely right. He is MUCH different than I expected. I sort of expected a bit of the second coming of Rex, but really he is calm, thoughtful, and completely focused and confident in his  and his staffs' ability to teach and develop players 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Guidry certainly seems to be the heavy favorite at slot corner. He played few snaps but still made a noticeable impact. Guidry is a sneaky solid player. He is not great in man, but excellent in zone and he has great instincts and unteachable football speed. Our system is a perfect match for him. 

Echols was really solid. With his ability to play outside as well as slot I think he winds up as the "starting" dime CB.

Marshall made the Jets task at DL even tougher. He was pretty much a beast (2nd/3rd stringers regardless) and with his RAS of 9.99/10 the Jets chances of stashing him on the PS are close to zero unless yesterday was a true outlier. But it is unlikely. Shepherd might be a tough cut/trade for us.

Huff I think was already 1st string so not sure he changed anything but showed up. Still needs to work on not getting washed away when he gets turned to the line.

Despite being for the most part super young we have what I believe will be a terrific LB corps. Nasrildeen and Sherwood both played well and were excellent on special teams. Nasrildeen played well at safety later in the game. He looks like the 1st rounder he was projected to be a year ago.

Cashman was decent but I can't see him staying over any of the young guys at LB. He is a good player and could leave the Jets and emerge later as a well above JAG LB if he stays healthy.

We will see over the next 2 days but the Jets insistence on young guys in the secondary seems to be really bearing fruit. I am not super concerned about corner. 

We should also thank the heavens that we moved to the 4-3 penetration scheme of Saleh. It is the perfect fit for almost every player on our team.

And of course QW was out. Marshall/QW inside could be brutal on defenses especially since we seem like we have some edge skill finally.

Kyle Phillips is a vey underrated player but will be hard for him to keep his spot with his injury.

On offense, seems to be well covered already.

Want to make a shout out to Hoge. He played really really well. Yes it was against "scrubs" but a good player should be able to dominate "scrubs" and he did. I would expect he starts getting some time with the 2s and even 1s to see if he can still perform.

On Zach.: Anyone saying he was doing predetermined dinking and dunking was not really watching. He wasn't chucking it 50 yards down the field but the out and seams he threw with lasers in perfect spots nothing routine or predetermined about them.

TE will be taken at least once in first 2 rounds next year. Our TE group is bad. We should maybe look to make a move there.

Backup QBs: Both White and Morgan looked good enough for me to be OK with them. Are they future starters? No, but they both looked as good as Flacco did last year and both have upside.

One thing to note: after Wilson was out we played a ton of 11 and even some 10 personnel. We may be a bit more wide open than people think. Both of those groupings fit our talent really well.

I was at a around 11/10 excitement level for this team, last night maybe inched it to 12. Forget everything specific about last night and we just seemed professional, disciplined, organized and fast as a team. It looked like a veteran team not a team of young players and maybe 6 or 7 starting rookies.

Yea White and Morgan we’re fine. I’m fine with them as backups in this rebuilding season.....White seems to have the edge as QB2

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

See the first part is you have to have me saying he played great.  He had six well thrown balls.  

It was his first preseason games and he played well.  Think what you want about the way he played and the way he should be brought along.  

Youre complaining about nothing of relevance other than for some unknown reason you were expecting him to play like a gunslinger in his first pre season games and no one can figure out why you would believe that. 

There's a difference between designed plays of 20 plus yards and gunslinger but you knew that.  

What is playing well?  He was asked to do very little and he accomplished it.  Again not worth getting excited about.  

I never believed he was going to look like crap.  I loved the pick.  Big arm, athletic great release, off platform throws, day 1 starter.  Treat him like a starting NFL QB not a baby.

You're acting like he was great.  He didn't suck becuase the opportunity to be great wasn't part of the script.   

9 hours ago, Seibelt said:

Did anyone happen to see the Giants backup kicker last night, Ryan Santoso? My son played HS football with him, big SOB. Google him. Coach Lindsay(Emmitt Smiths RB coach in HS) would send him out for the coin toss to intimate the other team, coaches, and parents. We would love to see the other moms gasp as their sons took the field, until they found out he was a kicker,

Great kid, great family. All of us here in Pensacola are hoping he makes a team.

I hope it’s the Jets!!

I know him too! I hope the Jets sign him

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Biggs said:

There's a difference between designed plays of 20 plus yards and gunslinger but you knew that.  

What is playing well?  He was asked to do very little and he accomplished it.  Again not worth getting excited about.  

I never believed he was going to look like crap.  I loved the pick.  Big arm, athletic great release, off platform throws, day 1 starter.  Treat him like a starting NFL QB not a baby.

You're acting like he was great.  He didn't suck becuase the opportunity to be great wasn't part of the script.   

Hes played one preseason game.  You want him treated like A Rodgers.  

I'm not acting like anything.  I realize hes a NFL baby just starting what hopefully is a long, productive career.  The CS believes they are bringing him along the right way.  Like the Jags did with Lawrence.  I know you dont agree and thats fine but no one, anywhere is complaining that the Jets havent let Wilson loose yet did give him "the opportunity to be great".  

I could care less, and it would be the last thing I would be complaining about.  As I said, and I quote word for word:

"It was his first action and he played well but theyre bringing him along and trying to develop him.  If you thought they would be throwing bombs all game thats on you.  "

I think Mosley, Rankins and Joyner were three wild cards who I felt could boom or bust this year. If all three play to the high levels they've reached in the past this defence will be exceptionally good. Not sure about the latter two yet but everything I've seen and heard from Mosley is encouraging - Was just flying to the ball out there on Saturday.

We'll hopefully find out a bit more vs The Packers but I am starting to this this group is going to wreck some sh*t this season. 

On 8/15/2021 at 9:14 AM, Bronx said:

Are there any good kickers out there?  This is utterly redundant! 

If there are a couple areas that may impact us it is at kicker and TE. If the kicker Ammendola does well we can keep him and evaluate based on cuts between now and Sept. if there is a clear upgrade to replace him with. Same goes with TE, but none on this team right now seem to standout, so we may have to take a cut TE over the next few weeks or look into a trade. Issue is teams are not going to trade away even a fairly productive pass catching TE as they are not a dime a dozen like WRs. Note that I left out CB since we do not know what we have there yet, and need more time to evaluate these young CBs that are so far looking decent.

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I am a little concerned that White is ahead of Morgan.  The guy throws like he is trying to kill the receiver and he handed the ball to Walter after the kid fell down.  Just pull it back.  WTF?

He won't be for much longer. That was Morgan's 1st NFL action. Just watching them throw the ball, it's obvious who has the NFL arm.  Now that Morgan finally got the jitters out, I think he will separate himself from White.

• Upvote 1