Seahawks are “exasperated” with Jamal Adams

Facts

4 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

We shouldn't be deriving pleasure from the Seahawks misfortune, but we are.  They should have seen this coming.

As for Adams, there's no misfortune in being offered more money than any other player at his position, there is just miscalculation on his part.

No Adam’s, he shot him self out of town, now finds that he’s no better off, in fact he’s likely to be franchised. 
He’s a greedy POS that’s not that good.

As for Seattle “caveat emptor”.

• Upvote 2

I am not a fan of the talent joe has brought in so far. I think he missed on key guys in free agency and drafted very poorly year one- year two hopefully Wilson is the guy I pray he is but think he will turn out to be the 5 th best qb when it is all done however I believe in giving credit where it is due. Joe getting rid of Jamal was a genius move.joe saw what a headache Adams was and moved him for great draft capital 

• Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1

1 hour ago, mrcoops said:

This would be an ideal time for the Jets to announce a long-term contract with Marcus Maye, mainly for the giggles.

Stupid CBA won't allow it, but it would be fun.

Announcing the agreement GM Joe Douglas could say, "We believe that Marcus is the best safety in the NFL, bar none. He is exceptional in coverage, and shows true leadership both on and off the field. Marcus has handled himself like a true professional throughout his Jets career, including during recent contract negotiations. Marcus never let his desire for a new contract get in the way of his commitment to the Jets and his teammates, and acted with maturity and professionalism throughout the process. We are delighted to reward his excellent play and commitment to the Jets with a new contract that will truly ensure that he remains a Jet for life."

Perhaps the Maye camp was waiting for a contract from Adams before rendering a decision.

we’ll see.

4 hours ago, DannyDevito3 said:

Don’t blame Jamal. These guys get one chance sign a big contract. Try to get as much as you can. 

Im sure Leonard Williams is happy he stuck to his guns and didn’t sign for 10 cents on the dollar. 

Normally I would be with you on this one but the dude is insane. Seattle wants to make him the highest paid safety...but that’s not good enough for him....he wants Aaron Donald money because he’s a box safety who often freelances just to pad his sack numbers....Bro you’re not Khalil Mack....you’re there because ol Pete (and Bowles before him) knows he’s a liability as a true SS....Kam Chancellor in his prime  would run laps around Jamal as a Box safety...did he ask for Pass Rusher $$$?....this is the same imbecile who says he sees himself in the same regard as Aaron Donald and Tom Brady ?

At some point you have to call the delusion what it is ??‍♂️

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

This is hilarious. Makes me so happy to think that we do not have to deal with this guy AND got awarded AVT and a future 1st round pick. 

I hope Jamal and the Seahawks burn in hell. ?

Jamal is also the type of person to lurk on Jets and Seahawks message boards. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Its funny because it's happening to Seattle, but before he was traded Jamal Adams was the Jets property!!!! We can all laugh now because we traded him to Seattle but if we did not make that trade, Jamal Adams would of been a pain to sign. This organization would of been cash strapped every season until Adams again wants another contract. 

What Jamal Adams is doing is the same thing Darrel Revis did to the Jets in his first contract with them. The Jets had everything going for them that year and they basically bowed to his demands. During the ending of his second contract, Revis demanded he get paid like $50 million a year and Scott Idzik decided to trade Revis to Tampa Bay and signed him to a non guarantee contract which only lasted one season and was cut after because Tampa Bay cannot afford to keep paying that way. The only team that signed him was the Patriots but it was not the contract, he was looking for that he signed to and was cut the following season.

Jamal Adams is ruining the sport and teams will not be bowing to his demands. He better realize and lower his demands because he will end up like DE Clowney. Who is looking for $15 million a year and hasn't put up the numbers and teams will not be opening there wallets for him either. Teams will be signing him to one year contracts!!!!

• WTF? 1

29 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I hope not.  Did you see Seattle’s pass defense last year.

They went 12 and 4 and had a point differential of 88 points.  The Jets went 2 and 14 last year without him.  

Love the trade for a lot of reasons, mostly the insane value but Seattle is better with him at his current salary and on the tag for 2 years.

I doubt a strong safety that doesn't get to the QB and make as many tackles behind the LOS is going to be a plus for their D.  

It's not like he's going to sit out and they get to plug in Budda Baker or Tyrann Mathieu. 

Adams still has one final card to play for the team that drafted him.  He could do something of fail do do something which results in Seattle's first rounder being a higher pick.

For the life of me I don't know if that is showing up, playing and getting beaten for TDs frequently or sitting out the season and I am not even joking.

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes to much of this, but I still direct more of my schadenfreude to Adams (and his legion of misguided supporters, including several Jets fans who post here like @Pac, @JiFapono, @Defense Wins Championships, @bitonti, @More Cowbell, @NYJ1, @Larz among others who ripped on Joe Douglas for his  treatment of Adams, only to be silenced by the greatest trade in franchise history; these posters were as wrong as wrong could be with basically all their predictions no matter how they try to argue otherwise and revise history, and have been getting ready to celebrate Adams’ new contract for a full year and counting) than I do Seattle.  Narcissists getting a comeuppance is a joyful day.  Seattle just misread the situation here and over-valued a Box Safety with a lot of Twitter followers.  Sucks to suck and oh well, but I’m not laughing at them nearly as much.  

Seattle is seeing Adams for what he is now and aren’t willing to double down.  Smart if they stick to it.  And it ensures Adams has to wait even longer or try to push them to deal him to a 3rd team, which is all delicious, so that helps their cause too.  It’s all so very validating to those of us who saw through Adams early on.  

Adams has made millions, yes, but I can still laugh at his relative unhappiness at the moment when compared to other far more likable and better paid defensive players in the league.  Sucks to be Seattle AND you suck Jamal. You bring this all on yourself and haven’t won a thing in your life.  Your tears only bring me joy. 

Finally, f**k you Mike Maccagnan for picking a Box Safety over Pat Mahomes because of Christian Hackenberg.  He’s an unemployed millionaire who deserves to be fired into the sun.  

Misguided supporters?  

I don’t feel the need to like someone to appreciate their play.  I wasn’t offended by him wanting to win or get paid. 

there was a lot of really bad takes here about his play. 

I pointed that out. 

Nothing misguided about that thank you. 

I didn’t fall for the smear campaign here. I make up my own mind. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

So what?  The Seahawks had a good roster and Russell Wilson, the Jets had a bad roster and Sam Darnold.

The Jets (29th) actually finished the season with a better pass defense than the Seahawks (30th), at least in yards per game, which is not to say the comparison is important, but that how bad do you have to be to be worse than the Jets here.

What's worse, Seattle's pass defense actually performed better when he was out.  Adam's sacks and pressures, simply put, look good on the stat sheets an highlight reels, but over a 60 minute game, do not overcome his poor coverage and the holes left in the defense by playing at and beyond the line of scrimmage.  Did you watch him basically lose the playoff game for them with his coverage?

Seattle scored a ton of points.  The Jets didn't.  Game situations for opponents who played the Jets vs teams that played Seattle weren't remotely the same.  

To say the Jets had a better pass defense than Seattle based on stats and ignoring the game situations and the pressure on teams to score against Seattle is a gross misrepresentation of stats.  The stats are a small part of the story.  

The Jets D last year was a turd compared to Seattle.  They bitch slapped our D like a rented mule.  

Thought I'd come to the opposite conclusion after running the numbers, but Seattle isn't offering enough to make it worth signing.

Jamaal Adams is under contract (or team control, with franchise tags) for 39.6M over the next 3 years (9.86M, 13.5M, 16.86M). They've offered him 17.5M per on a 4 year extension (meaning he plays out this year at 9.86M and the new salary kicks in next year) - that's 44.86M over the same time period - a difference of only 5.2M.

Adams is 25, turning 26 in October. If he takes this deal, he's locked up through the 2025 season, and hits FA again in the 2026 offseason as a 30 (soon to be 31) year old FS, likely looking at another big deal but not top of market, probably for 3 real years (through his age 33 season). If he turns it down, he'll hit the market in the 2024 FA period as a 28 year old, and probably gets a top of market 5 year deal at that age (also through his age 33 season). And the market will have probably risen enough to make the money he gets for years 1 and 2 of his new deal (2024-25, which would've been the last two years on Seattle's current offer) more than enough to cover the 5.2M he "gives up" by playing out his tag.

So for Adams, the rational thing to do is to get a good insurance policy covering injury and play out his tags, since "losing the guaranteed money by getting injured" is his only real incentive to sign.

Note - it would be very different if they were offering to tear up the option year; that would be a difference of 17M over the next 3 years plus he'd hit FA again at 29 (young enough to get a bigger deal). But as it is - he should be sticking to his guns. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

49 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Anyway, the article reads like a pretty obvious PR leak from the Seahawks.  A week ago, they were prepared to make him the highest paid safety, this week they’re “exasperated” by him.  Add to the article, the enjoyable but wholly unnecessary mention of the Jets, and it’s a pretty blatant attempt to paint Jamal as the problem (not hard to do, and obviously correct) to get public opinion on their side - “We’ve offered to make him the highest paid player at his position and even that wasn’t enough!”

When they franchise him, or trade him, or ultimately let him go, at least their colossal mistake can be pinned on him being a bitch.  How many people are going to take Jamal’s side here, when highest paid safety ever isn’t enough.

Maybe teams will start to learn that just because the Jets have been a train wreck doesn’t mean all of the bad stuff just goes away with other teams.

If they're offering him 17.5M (as reported) they are offering to make him the highest paid safety. And him refusing to take it probably is exasperating them.

Bet you if they offered to tear up the option year he'd take it.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Seattle scored a ton of points.  The Jets didn't.  Game situations for opponents who played the Jets vs teams that played Seattle weren't remotely the same.  

To say the Jets had a better pass defense than Seattle based on stats and ignoring the game situations and the pressure on teams to score against Seattle is a gross misrepresentation of stats.  The stats are a small part of the story.  

The Jets D last year was a turd compared to Seattle.  They bitch slapped our D like a rented mule.  

As I said in my post, "which is not to say the comparison is important."   It's the fact that Seattle was 30th in the league.  And sure, teams will throw more against them, but they were 3rd to last.  That's not, 'statistically worse than their performance,' that's just bad.  For comparison, Green Bay scored the most points per game.  They were 7th best in pass defense.  New Orleans were 5th in points per game, and 5th best in pass yards per game.  Tennessee was the only other team in the top of the league in points per game that was in the bottom in pass yards.

So, again, it's not really about saying the Jets were better in pass defense, it's about saying that the team with Jamal Adams was really bad.  And perhaps most importantly, significantly worse than the prior year (24th at 256 to 30th at 278).  I'm not sure why you'd think what a good offense (Seattle) did against a bad defense (Jets) was particularly relevant.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I keep hearing he is going to play this year and then get franchised the next 2 years.  Thats laughable.  Hes never taking another snap for the seahawks until he has the long term deal he wants.

Disagree.  He's not walking away from millions. As narcissistic as he is, in the end it's $$$.

2021: 5th year option, 2022 Tag or rlelease.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Jamal now either plays under the tag for two years or takes the offer on the table.  Does he not remember how things worked out for the guy he recruited to the Jets, Le'Veon Bell?  Bell left huge money on the table in Pittsburgh.

By all accounts Adams is being offered the richest Safety deal in history, most guaranteed money, highest average annual contract value, etc.  Being stubborn and trying to get paid like Khalil Mack or something because he got some sacks in blitz situations from the outside? Common man!!!

Now, even if he takes the deal he looks like sourpuss, he poisoned the well with the Seahawks and he's missed most of camp.  More than that, if he takes the deal now he'll inevitably be hit up on Twitter by trolls who tell him he had to "settle" and take Seattle's final offer.  And...... we all know how well Adams does at handling criticism on Twitter. lol

Actually, this year is not a tag, it's 5th year option.  Tag(s) would come in 2022 & 2023 if Seattle still wants this asssshole on the team.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

As I said in my post, "which is not to say the comparison is important."   It's the fact that Seattle was 30th in the league.  And sure, teams will throw more against them, but they were 3rd to last.  That's not, 'statistically worse than their performance,' that's just bad.  For comparison, Green Bay scored the most points per game.  They were 7th best in pass defense.  New Orleans were 5th in points per game, and 5th best in pass yards per game.  Tennessee was the only other team in the top of the league in points per game that was in the bottom in pass yards.

So, again, it's not really about saying the Jets were better in pass defense, it's about saying that the team with Jamal Adams was really bad.  And perhaps most importantly, significantly worse than the prior year (24th at 256 to 30th at 278).  I'm not sure why you'd think what a good offense (Seattle) did against a bad defense (Jets) was particularly relevant.

The team with Jamal Adams has a head coach who has a history in the NFL as a defensive CO and HC who has had some historically good defenses.  They traded 2 firsts and are willing to make him the highest paid safety in the NFL.

Now we can agree that was a good trade for the NY Jets.  Making the argument that he is the reason Seattles D wasn't statistically good or that they aren't substantially better with him is bat sh*t crazy.  

I think the Seahawks bought into jamal’s jets smear campaign that he really really wanted to be with a winner, enough so that he wouldn’t pull this crap on a perennial winner like Seattle with a coach that mostly everyone likes in Carroll.  So i think Seattle was duped twice, once in terms of his true on the field impact when you look beyond his  stats, and twice in terms of what adams is all about.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

7 minutes ago, Biggs said:

The team with Jamal Adams has a head coach who has a history in the NFL as a defensive CO and HC who has had some historically good defenses.  They traded 2 firsts and are willing to make him the highest paid safety in the NFL.

Now we can agree that was a good trade for the NY Jets.  Making the argument that he is the reason Seattles D wasn't statistically good or that they aren't substantially better with him is bat sh*t crazy.  

I’m not saying he’s the reason they’re bad.  I’m saying his presence didn’t make them better or good, and frankly, in season, they performed better when he was hurt.  And with those unarguable truths, paying him top of the league money isn’t a good idea, and it looks like maybe Seattle knows that.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

I’m not saying he’s the reason they’re bad.  I’m saying his presence didn’t make them better or good, and frankly, in season, they performed better when he was hurt.  And with those unarguable truths, paying him top of the league money isn’t a good idea, and it looks like maybe Seattle knows that.

This.  You’d want to see a noticeable improvement when he is in vs when he’s not.  Just goes to show you that adams was smart to cultivate his stats with the jets to portray himself as a stud.

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes to much of this, but I still direct more of my schadenfreude to Adams (and his legion of misguided supporters, including several Jets fans who post here like @Pac, @JiFapono, @Defense Wins Championships, @bitonti, @More Cowbell, @NYJ1, @Larz among others who ripped on Joe Douglas for his  treatment of Adams, only to be silenced by the greatest trade in franchise history; these posters were as wrong as wrong could be with basically all their predictions no matter how they try to argue otherwise and revise history, and have been getting ready to celebrate Adams’ new contract for a full year and counting) than I do Seattle.  Narcissists getting a comeuppance is a joyful day.  Seattle just misread the situation here and over-valued a Box Safety with a lot of Twitter followers.  Sucks to suck and oh well, but I’m not laughing at them nearly as much.  

Seattle is seeing Adams for what he is now and aren’t willing to double down.  Smart if they stick to it.  And it ensures Adams has to wait even longer or try to push them to deal him to a 3rd team, which is all delicious, so that helps their cause too.  It’s all so very validating to those of us who saw through Adams early on.  

Adams has made millions, yes, but I can still laugh at his relative unhappiness at the moment when compared to other far more likable and better paid defensive players in the league.  Sucks to be Seattle AND you suck Jamal. You bring this all on yourself and haven’t won a thing in your life.  Your tears only bring me joy. 

Finally, f**k you Mike Maccagnan for picking a Box Safety over Pat Mahomes because of Christian Hackenberg.  He’s an unemployed millionaire who deserves to be fired into the sun.  

Ummm, this isn’t the mafia forum and your but looking for a game roster. Let’s not call other posters out please. Wow, that hurt to type a bit. 

• Upvote 1

There is very little chance Seattle tags Jamal twice, that’s not going to happen.  I have to imagine that Jamal’s agents are pretty frustrated with Jamal as well.  If Jamal plays this year on his 5th year option and plays similar to how he played last season, he is playing himself out of being the highest paid safety.  

What will be interesting to watch is what the Chargers will be doing with Derwin James as he is scheduled to play 2022 on his 5th year option.  They’ve said they want to sign him to an extension prior to that.   If James stays healthy and p,has like he can, there is no question he deserves way more money than Jamal does.  

• Upvote 2