****OFFICIAL JETS VS SAINTS ATTRITION BOWL GAME THREAD****

T0mShane

5 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Zack may not have anyone to throw the ball to but his accuracy is horrible. He also slid to early and jumped up like a dork. Kid couldn’t wait to slide. I’m not sure any of that could get better. This is not the Kid we drafted. 

Wilson is afraid to get hit. This is why he slid early and why he’s always throwing off his back foot. Downvote me all you want and he still has time to turn his career around, but he’s a pu$$y.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Dude he literally slid 15 yards early. Not to mention ran half speed and popped up pointing like he’s leading a cheer. 

You said he could of gotten more yards. He also could of gotten stripped if the defender got his hands on him and I can imagine what the next few pages of this thread would be like

• Haha 1

Just now, Green Ghost said:

If you’re watching this game and think Zach Wilson doesn’t have accuracy issues, you don’t have a clue what the deal is fella.

This is also a response that is crap.  Never once have I said he doesn’t  have accuracy issues.  Not once.  People have to look at things in an all or nothing lense for whatever reason.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, DLJ said:

Didn’t someone make a dumb ass thread sh*tting on Berrios for no reason? He’s a decent player that does what he’s supposed to.

To be honest with you, he's gotten better.  Last year I felt he didn't deserve a roster spot, but this year he absolutely does.

I think he is a keeper for now and the future.   I'm happy for him.

2 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

He could have gained another 10 yards. The kid sucks. 

Coming off a knee injury that sidelined him? You want 10 more yards with a defender in sight?  If he pushes it and gets hurt you'd be all over him. I would hate to play for  (some) of this fan base and media. 

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Welcome to the dark side

not the dark side... just the light showing Zach misses routine throws.. I don't care if he can make a difficult 4th and 7 conversion pass that is a great throw... kid broke the pocket and missed a WIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide open TE and the pass wasn't even close on the play before

not mad at him for TY Johnson having Corey Davis syndrome but even those passes are a bit behind and late.

facts not the dark side.

Just now, maury77 said:

Wilson is afraid to get hit. This is why he slid early and why he’s always throwing off his back foot. Downvote me all you want and he still has time to turn his career around, but he’s a pu$$y.

I'd be afraid to get hit too if my oline and "franchise" LT let me get abused my first handful of games. 

3 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

Yep, rookie qb with no help from skill position players today thus far thus the multiple drops, back ups at all receiving positions, 3-3 game, totally not the answer

Continue to make excuses. Even some of the dropped passes could have been delivered more accurately. I would love nothing more than him to be the answer but he is not good. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Ok this is why I get cantankerous about Wilson.  People are lining up to blame him for Johnson’s drop.  The he fits a ball in a TINY window to convert a 4th down and it’s all Berrios.

Wilson has several real errant throws a game, be mad about the ones that are actually bad throws.

The primary reason for the criticism of those throws is because Wilson can look like crap for an entire game, and the moment another player isn't perfect it's immediately nothing but the constant stream of ZOMG IT'S NOT WILSON'S FAULT!

Of the 3, one was unquestionably a very bad drop, the other was a terrible throw that might've been catchable, but Wilson made it excessively more difficult than it needed to be because of bad placement.  The first was mostly irrelevant considering the drop changed nothing but comp %, as odds are high it would've gone for a loss.

Meanwhile, on the last drive Wilson's last 3 of 4 throws, other than the Berrios one, were horribly off target and completely uncatchable, including one to a totally uncovered Griffin.  Things can't be looked at in a vacuum, when consistently happening on a repeated basis.

Is Wilson responsible for the failures of others?  No, but he is still 100% responsible for his own, and that's the point.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

No thats a good thing. Got the first down and slid before contact. A dummy would risk injury for an extra yard. Apologize now

Yeah I'm not worried about him sliding there.... I'm worried about him being the least accurate passer I have ever seen. 

• Upvote 1