Apparently this is my Yellowstone

Maxman

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

This company has reached out to us a few times asking to buy the site. This time he says give me a number. I say the site isn't for sale but feel free to give me a number. Instead, he responds with send me your website data and financials details. Well two problems with that 1) we don't have financials and 2) the site isn't for sale.  

Anyhow this was my response back.

This was a cold pitch that you made. I am not going to just put that info out there.

The site isn’t for sale, just had our 17 year birthday. This is my Yellowstone. Not going to give up an inch of land.

Should I pass though, feel free to reach out to my kids.  

Phil

wait, your name is Phil?

i guess Maxman sounds better than Philman. LOL

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

This company has reached out to us a few times asking to buy the site. This time he says give me a number. I say the site isn't for sale but feel free to give me a number. Instead, he responds with send me your website data and financials details. Well two problems with that 1) we don't have financials and 2) the site isn't for sale.  

This was a cold pitch that you made. I am not going to just put that info out there.

The site isn’t for sale, just had our 17 year birthday. This is my Yellowstone. Not going to give up an inch of land.

Phil

I realize I’m not your accountant, but if i were you're accountant you’d have financials.  A website can be a very tricky business 4 out of 5 sell to Scout in the 1st five years.  Do you even have everyone’s E mail???  You can look up the buyer under D for jerk. ?   (A scene from my second favorite movie).  

737CBB68-20A0-4E43-A42E-F15F1975F507.jpeg

• Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, greenwave81 said:

Excellent.

I would never begrudge anyone doing anything in their own best financial interest despite what it might mean to me just a member of a free to me NYJ website.

I've never had the pleasure to meet you, but I appreciate you just the same.  Thank you for the site.

Regards...Ray

I second that @Maxman

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

Thanks but money is just money. Many years from now when I retire maybe I will cover the team like a beat reporter. Travel the country in the RV going to every game. Squad goals.

Life is your accumulated experiences and while money can facilitate experiences, never give up what makes you happy in exchange for money. 

While I know in my bones that this site is a labor of love for you, I am not ignorant to the fact that it is a labor. So seriously, thank you. From the bottom of the never ending pit that is the depths of my Jet fandom, I am truly grateful for your efforts creating and maintaining this site.

12 hours ago, Maxman said:

Thanks but money is just money. Many years from now when I retire maybe I will cover the team like a beat reporter. Travel the country in the RV going to every game. Squad goals.

start a NYJ RV caravan with @GREENBEAN.  Maybe it will grow as you guys roam from town to town.  Just like Forrest Gump running across the country, only this time with Jets fans following you.  

Actually, that would be more like The Walking Dead.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

I realize I’m not your accountant, but if i were you're accountant you’d have financials.  A website can be a very tricky business 4 out of 5 sell to Scout in the 1st five years.  Do you even have everyone’s E mail???  You can look up the buyer under D for jerk. ?   (A scene from my second favorite movie).  

One of me and my Dad's favorite movies. "The Duke"

• Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Great, great movie.

16 hours ago, Maxman said:

Phil

Jn without Max at the helm is not JN. You're one of a kind and thanks Max. Really thank you for being who you are.

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

One of me and my Dad's favorite movies. "The Duke"

1 hour ago, OilfieldJet said:

Great, great movie.

GREAT movie.  My college roommate is in the tile business and did Grodin's apartment  in NYC in the 90's.

He was able to get me a signed head shot saying... Matt, why aren't you my accountant.

It hangs in my office.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...