Your favorite Jet Pick

Favorite Jet pick  

159 members have voted

1. 1. What was your favorite Jet pick (top 5)

Chose Wilson but changed my mind to Breece. 

Just love this whole draft really. JD has a great understanding of how to build a team. He doesn’t always get his guy in FA but he knows how to build a team through the draft. 

• Upvote 1

The Sauce.

I wanted Ickey at 4 b/c I don't think our OL is shored up for the next few years, and it is important to get it right (I thought Gardner was a luxury we couldn't take this year).

But Sauce is so confident, so skilled, so ready . . . I love this kid. Even with the jewelry and flash he seems like a humble kid who will work his butt off and be an awesome teammate. By picking The Sauce: We just figured out how to defend the other teams best receiver for years to come. That box is checked every week. We can worry about other things.

This was a good question because I had different reasons to pick all of them.

• Upvote 2

Very close between garret Wilson and Breece Hall. 

I’ll say Wilson because he was one of the two WRs I loved before the draft (had him second behind Jameson Williams). I think he has a chance to be a stud in this offense. Great route running that beats man coverage, acrobatic catches, plenty of big YAC plays. I have liked the prospect for awhile. 

I also was worried the jets would pass on a WR at 10 because I feared what ended up happening - A bunch could go in round 1. It would have been interesting to see if the Jets would have taken him over London (I suspect they would have) 

I also really adored the Breece Hall pick. Has the potential to be monster in this offense. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Literally the first draft in a long long time where I'm not disappointed in any of the picks. I could choose the strawman argument about where Sauce was drafted but I can't. EDGE was addressed with the great trade up. Stellar draft all around on paper. 

Hopefully most of them will pan out!

14 hours ago, genot said:

I voted for Ruckert. Has the talent to be a real weapon in a few years. And will contribute immediately as a blocker. Plus the obvious hometown story. Best draft in Jets history. J.D. hit a grand slam.

Me too but for sentimental reasons.   LI kid on his childhood team.  MY GF daughter is at OSU as well. 

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

Me too but for sentimental reasons.   LI kid on his childhood team.  MY GF daughter is at OSU as well. 

Wow. That's great. Two quality OSU, players, that are connected to you in some small way. That with the rest of the draft is a real high for you. I know I got a buzz. Lol.

• Upvote 1

What can you say, this has to be one of the best draft classes in 20 years. Asking to chose any of the top 4 picks is damn near impossible.
If I had to vote for anyone, it would be for Joe D, the man has been phenomenal. It has been too long since this organization has had anyone with his patience and talent running this team.
An let’s face it, we are a tough crowd to please. With this draft I believe he has eliminated all doubt about his ability to get this team to the promise land.
He has done the shopping and come home with all the groceries, now it’s up to the coaching staff to do the cooking.
I look forward to see what he comes away with as far as the UDFA and in free agency itself.
Needless to say, I am looking so forward to this season and pray that these players stay healthy and contribute for the whole season.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I chose Wilson because he will (hopefully) have the most direct impact on being able to assess Zach this season.  Hall will likely take pressure off Zach and hide deficiencies, but we NEED to know if Zach is worth future investment, and unless G. Wilson is a bust, he should help us do just that . . .

7 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Very close between garret Wilson and Breece Hall. 

I’ll say Wilson because he was one of the two WRs I loved before the draft (had him second behind Jameson Williams). I think he has a chance to be a stud in this offense. Great route running that beats man coverage, acrobatic catches, plenty of big YAC plays. I have liked the prospect for awhile. 

I also was worried the jets would pass on a WR at 10 because I feared what ended up happening - A bunch could go in round 1. It would have been interesting to see if the Jets would have taken him over London (I suspect they would have) 

I also really adored the Breece Hall pick. Has the potential to be monster in this offense. 

This pretty much sums it up for me too. 

I'm biased (Ohio St. fan) but I was amazed to see Wilson there at 10. I thought there was no chance that we'd end up picking him. I was elated. 

Happy we got Ruckert too. I'd be more excited if I wasn't worried how this will effect Kenny Yeboah. 

• Sympathy 2

Watching JJ highlights (he was a pain in the ass against ND) he reminds me of a heavier Jason Taylor. 
This is really good to hear ... JT was a monster.   Admittedly I do not watch enough of these guys to really know ... my comparisons are unfair ... I compare them to LT, Gastineau, Strahan, Watt, D Jones, Randle etc. 
On first look it appeared that JJ did not have the canon release of a lot of the other guys.   John Randle ?
Your comparison to JT is encouraging.

10 hours ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

The Sauce.

I wanted Ickey at 4 b/c I don't think our OL is shored up for the next few years, and it is important to get it right (I thought Gardner was a luxury we couldn't take this year).

But Sauce is so confident, so skilled, so ready . . . I love this kid. Even with the jewelry and flash he seems like a humble kid who will work his butt off and be an awesome teammate. By picking The Sauce: We just figured out how to defend the other teams best receiver for years to come. That box is checked every week. We can worry about other things.

This was a good question because I had different reasons to pick all of them.

The only thing about him that concerns me, is that he was a little grabby in college.Some of those will be penalties up here.

• Upvote 1

Jeremy Ruckert is my favorite pick! I do love this whole draft class though, but I wanted Ruckert to be a Jet ever since I watched him play in the Sugar Bowl against Clemson. So, it’s like a dream come true lol. 

9 minutes ago, freestater said:

This pretty much sums it up for me too. 

I'm biased (Ohio St. fan) but I was amazed to see Wilson there at 10. I thought there was no chance that we'd end up picking him. I was elated. 

Happy we got Ruckert too. I'd be more excited if I wasn't worried how this will effect Kenny Yeboah. 

Yep. 

everyone had him going to Atlanta. I was thrilled he was still there - fits this offense like a glove and has huge upside. 

20 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

This is really good to hear ... JT was a monster.   Admittedly I do not watch enough of these guys to really know ... my comparisons are unfair ... I compare them to LT, Gastineau, Strahan, Watt, D Jones, Randle etc. 

On first look it appeared that JJ did not the canon release of a lot of the other guys.   John Randle ?

Your comparison to JT is encouraging.

This is a nice breakdown of JJ going against Ekwonu

• Sympathy 1

Love them all. The one that got me most fired up and excited hearing the name called was Jermaine Johnson. After going corner and wr to start the draft I had a fear we were going to let edge slip away again. The trade up, the name being called and the reaction from the front office was priceless. Love the process, love the players. 

I picked JJ because of what it meant to capture three players we had linked to us a 4 in one round. 

However, I agree with the overall sentiment here on Hall. Assuming (and it's literally a >360 lb assumption) that Becton comes back in any semblance of form, Hall+Carter with our line becomes a top 10-15 potential rushing attack in the league. From a strategy standpoint, it completely changes the shape of what we are doing. 

I also wonder if it changes the way we look at success for Zach. For example, I'd expect us to rush a lot more and his throwing attempts coming down quite a bit. 

Honestly, I wasn't pro Sauce before the pick and was a little surprised they took him.  After looking back at the draft as a whole I'm really glad they took him since they somehow covered the positions I wanted with players I wanted.  How JD pulled that off is a miracle. 

Hall is my favorite pick.  We haven't had a real back in a long time.

Ruck is number one in my heart tho! 

• Sympathy 1

I think that Breece Hall does several things for the Jets that make him very valuable:

1. Michael Carter is a back that needs to be spelled every so often.  The Jets needed another quality back of Carter's caliber, and until they drafted Hall, didn't have that player on the team.

2. When the Jets have the lead midway through the 4th quarter, Hall is a perfect guy to help run the clock out, to complement Carter.

3. Hall's productivity will help move the chains and keep the Jets defense off the field to keep them fresh.  Hall does as much for the offense as he will do for the Jets defense.

4.  Hall has home run play ability.  With the now better Jets offensive line, Hall can score at any time, and the defense will have to honor the pass now as much as the run.

I think that Hall adds 1 or 2 more wins to this team.  Sauce is great, Wilson is great, and hopefully Jermaine Johnson is great.  Hall might end up being another Curtis Martin, and if so, might end up being the best draft pick of the year.

• Upvote 1

As a fan sitting in the seats... my favorite pick is Breece Hall.  That pick alone excites me to go to more games. 

But my heart's favorite pick is the young boy Jets fan who actually grew up to be a Jet.

runner-up: JJ

I feel like Gardner was a pure BAP pick, but I like him as a scheme fit on the Jets. Even with the whole devaluing CBs here thing. My favorite thing about that pick was passing on Ekwonu. I hope they took the right WR. I wonder if they really did prefer London. Johnson is probably the one guy I’m not so hot about, but he was connected to the Jets as high as #4 before the draft, and they seem to feel that he’s a perfect fit for this system. So I hope they’re right. Breece Hall was the one pick that got a reaction out of me similar to when the Jets make a huge play, which I expect him to do early and often. He was the guy I wanted there. Ruckert looks like a great fit, and he’ll have a chance to develop with the other TEs on the roster. The transformation of the TE room this year is insane. I wonder if his new teammates will tease him for being a Jet fan… ? 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1