Micheal Clemons Draft Party

I started mocking this guy to us a few weeks ago, for a dart throw n late rounds along with guys like Baron and Gunter. I wanted to double-dip at edge.

The more I learn about him, the more excited I get about his potential. I had read somewhere he only converted to edge a few years ago from WR (unless I’m mixing him up with another prospect).

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I’m am now 100% convinced is going to be a draft day steal or the modern day Travis Bickle.  No other possible outcomes.

So not having any friends makes you good? Maybe my Cockatiel is good at something. He hates everybody but me

After watching the interview, this guy is going to be the classic case of "you could just hear it in his voice that he was going to succeed" (if he does succeed) or, if he stinks, we'll be making fun of future later round picks who sound good in interviews by saying "he has a chance to be the next Michael Clemons".  (a la the Ratliff/Clowney jokes).

FTR, I'm buying into the hype.  

• Upvote 1

The third round edge rushers haven’t worked at all and neither have the fifth or sixth rounders so I appreciate them giving the fourth round a shot now. Maybe this is the sweet spot.

There was that one stretch a little over a decade ago that the Jets just couldn’t miss in the fourth round.

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

I like the way he thinks before he opens his mouth to respond.  many other players should learn this skill.

But I wonder if he is thinking carefully about each answer (which would be a rare and laudable trait) or if he is thinking about how much he would love to stomp in the head of each reporter who asked a stupid question (which would also be a positive).

This is his doppleganger 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

“I’m prepared to play whoever calls my name”. I hope he realizes WE, The Jets, called his name. 

With the addition of a comma, you can better understand his statement:

“I’m prepared to play, whoever calls my name”.

I almost can't keep up with how excited I am about each pic. I honestly wrote this pick off because somewhere in my head I had to convince myself that I can't be excited about every single pick. What's dont I like about him I thought? He's going to be 25 years old soon, oh and you say he was arrested ?Guess I'm not really going to like this pic too much. Then I saw his highlights and I was like, wow this guy has a motor that doesn't stop. Then I heard him speak . He was so intense , I was so drawn in , I may have even peed myself.  No nonsense. He is not in to fan fare so he sat in an apartment alone on draft day waiting for his name to be called?. This is too much!

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I really like how he listens to the question and actually thinks about his answer.  Most guys just spout out the cliche they were taught.  Refreshing and impressive. 

Check this out from a few years back. Pretty hilarious from Tannehill; and quite pertinent given his candid answer about mentoring Malik Willis.

• Haha 1

On 5/6/2022 at 2:52 PM, HawkeyeJet said:

I’m am now 100% convinced is going to be a draft day steal or the modern day Travis Bickle.  No other possible outcomes.

He has a menacing quality about him.  His stare can make one wet their pants.  Kind reminds me of this guy...

image.thumb.png.85b4debfe155c45bbac652bbc85b28f7.pngimage.thumb.png.46cc17b06ef1f814d9c6988a63d2de8a.png

11 hours ago, nycdan said:

But I wonder if he is thinking carefully about each answer (which would be a rare and laudable trait) or if he is thinking about how much he would love to stomp in the head of each reporter who asked a stupid question (which would also be a positive).

No. He is a T-800, sent back from a future in which Quarterbacks threaten Skynet, and he must kill all of them.

3b4-1.gif.28052b3acb810b5ecfb9d1abc84b4298.gif

On 5/7/2022 at 7:58 AM, Integrity28 said:

I started mocking this guy to us a few weeks ago, for a dart throw n late rounds along with guys like Baron and Gunter. I wanted to double-dip at edge.

The more I learn about him, the more excited I get about his potential. I had read somewhere he only converted to edge a few years ago from WR (unless I’m mixing him up with another prospect).

RB in high school until his senior year, then played LB as a senior. Switched to DE his first season in college - but he was in college 6 years so I don't think it'll be a big factor