Mike Francesca: Not impressed with Saleh

4 hours ago, LongTimeJetFan said:

Said it in his podcast. Did say he doesn’t know Saleh, but sensed immaturity from he and his staff from afar. 

Immaturity is one word for it. Insecurity is another. The position of NFL head coach is an adult’s job and players smell a phony from a mile away. Francesa said the same thing about Rex and he was spot on about that one, too. 

58 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Immaturity is one word for it. Insecurity is another. The position of NFL head coach is an adult’s job and players smell a phony from a mile away. Francesa said the same thing about Rex and he was spot on about that one, too. 

^ Mangenius fan. Talk about the king of phonies…

Saleh’s a phony now? I don’t get that. In a league where no one wants to play for the Jets, the players who know Saleh were the ones who signed in free agency. Dude comes across as legitimately sincere. Don’t really think he has many insecurity issues, either. Takes an ego to take on this job. This wasn’t some scrub at the bottom of the barrel that the Jets signed, this is a guy that every team in the league with an opening wanted to interview. Sorry he’s not some fake tough guy, I know you like those the best. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Francesa is a pain but he has a small grain of truth, there's a lot of feel-good wafting of warm gas after the draft.

Saleh did reasonable with a ridiculously crap injury-riddled  roster last year.

Let's see what happens when the  poop hits the fan in late December. We should have a better idea by then, if this is real change from Douglas and Saleh or if it's more warm milk, cookies and poop-eating grins from the Jets media department.

• Upvote 1

Haha I actually like mike, I’ve told the story on this forum before that  I was a landscaper in college at a high end country club that Francesa was a member of, frankly most of the members treated the landscapers terribly and mike and his wife were very friendly, always polite and asked how I was doing all that, he is a much nicer person than when he was on the air and for that I respect him. However, his opinion doesn’t mean much in this regard and anyone who takes this statement as it means something is crazy. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, LongTimeJetFan said:

Said it in his podcast. Did say he doesn’t know Saleh, but sensed immaturity from he and his staff from afar. 

“Sensed immaturity” during a first time HCs first season and his baby faced first time OC. Deep analysis from one of the many sports talking heads who continue to demonstrate that knowledge and intelligence are not prerequisites for success in that particular line of work.

• Upvote 1

Francesa is an Old School guy who is going to gravitate to imperius coaches like Parcells and Coughlin.   

Saleh is a new school coach.  I and others like Saleh, but his more expressive and player friendly style is going to have to win games before we can crown him.  This year will be tough.  

• Upvote 3