Rumor: Deshaun Watson 3-4 week suspension

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I, too, wish every entity who had access to all available evidence and witness testimony ignored all of that to overzealously prosecute a young, black man because Tony Buzbee seems very reliable, to me, a suburban white guy. 

Schitts Creek Ok GIF by CBC

1 hour ago, DetroitRed said:

So Juicy’s text did him in, and Deshaun’s didn’t?  Interesting 

Probably because the totally and definitely not corrupt courts refused to let them use those messages as evidence at the hearings.  Then the grand jury didn’t even ask an alarmingly large number of the victims for their own accounts of what happened.  In fact, they only needed to hear the account of one single victim to make their decision!  So crazy, am-I-right?!  There’s nooooooo funny business or bullsh*t going on here, no sir #FreeDeshaun #DeshaunDidntDoIt

CDA91244-5447-4FEA-BC76-CEAFFBCF0D1C.thumb.jpeg.3f85e4350900805ce37c1d25bb29cd16.jpeg

• Upvote 2

It's a home game for the Browns.

This would make things easier obviously, but still far from a layup.  Brissett is a competent backup.

Still, would be sad to drop to 0-2 with a loss to a backup QB.

The Browns apparently asked the NFL to do them a solid by requesting (perceived, at least) cupcake matchups early in the season.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Probably because the totally and definitely not corrupt courts refused to let them use those messages as evidence at the hearings.  Then the grand jury didn’t even ask an alarmingly large number of the victims for their own accounts of what happened.  In fact, they only needed to hear the account of one single victim to make their decision!  So crazy, am-I-right?!  There’s nooooooo funny business or bullsh*t going on here, no sir #FreeDeshaun #DeshaunDidntDoIt

CDA91244-5447-4FEA-BC76-CEAFFBCF0D1C.thumb.jpeg.3f85e4350900805ce37c1d25bb29cd16.jpeg

Unless we are in the room, we can’t speak to this.  Reporting is nice.  The jury is hearing the evidence and decides what is credible.  And the corruption would have to be coming from the common man, the same average Joe , who is called in for jury duty. 

if he gets 3-4 weeks then its much less serious then it was made out to be. the courts know the truth and didnt charge him. the NFL knows the truth and are only giving him 3-4 weeks? even the teams knew. Cleveland gave up all those draft picks AND gave him a big raise. you dont think they knew something? of course they did.

the hints are right there that this isnt what we thought it was. 

• Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

OK. I did not know that he sent them checks. I have no evidence of that.

But you are accusing one group of being motivated by money, and not the other. That’s your prerogative 

Not what he said at all.....Like, not at all.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, doitny said:

if he gets 3-4 weeks then its much less serious then it was made out to be. the courts know the truth and didnt charge him. the NFL knows the truth and are only giving him 3-4 weeks? even the teams knew. Cleveland gave up all those draft picks AND gave him a big raise. you dont think they knew something? of course they did.

I suspect that the hints are right there that the clean up crew did its job. 

1 hour ago, DetroitRed said:

Unless we are in the room, we can’t speak to this.  Reporting is nice.  The jury is hearing the evidence and decides what is credible.  And the corruption would have to be coming from the common man, the same average Joe , who is called in for jury duty. 

Yeah, you’re right.  All of those OJ Simpson trial deets are hearsay.  He probz didn’t do it either.

6 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

The justice system has bought into his innocence 

No it hasnt

You just dont understand how the justice system works or what not guilty means.  It doesnt mean innocent

Never mind he wasnt found innocent or not guilty

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, doitny said:

Every entity that has looked into this has hand-waved it. Given that the public consensus says Watson is guilty of something, it’d be incredibly easy (advisable, even) for Goodell to sweep in with a super-sized suspension and make Watson appeal it down, if only for the kabuki of it. But if Goodell is only handing down 3-4 games initially, there must be so much more that is unknown than what has been circulated to the public. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I, too, wish every entity who had access to all available evidence and witness testimony ignored all of that to overzealously prosecute a young, black man because Tony Buzbee seems very reliable, to me, a suburban white guy. 

I hate that an attorney like Buzbee can take these allegations publicly.   DA's prosecuting criminals do this all the time and in this case Buzzbee is effectively the prosecutor representing the victims. It's a sad commentary on our legal system.

Unlike most young black men and most young white men.  Watson has the financial ability to defend himself.   He also has the backing of the Clevelan Browns owner and the NFL who want this to go away as fast as possible.  Economics means a lot more than race in these casses.   I think your comment  ignores the victimization of young black men who don't have the financial ability to take on the system when they are innocent.  It also does a disservice to the millions of women who having been violated and lost some sense of personal control over their bodies who again are exploited by the criminal Justice system and ultimately turn to a guy like Buzzbee.  At least Buzzbee, as exploitive as he is, is standing up for them and if they were damaged will get them some monetary compensation.

Watson is perfectly capable of defending himself having zero to do with his behavior, innocence or guilt.   He's done a good job shooting himself out of Houston and getting compensated for doing it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Every entity that has looked into this has hand-waved it. Given that the public consensus says Watson is guilty of something, it’d be incredibly easy (advisable, even) for Goodell to sweep in with a super-sized suspension and make Watson appeal it down, if only for the kabuki of it. But if Goodell is only handing down 3-4 games initially, there must be so much more that is unknown than what has been circulated to the public. 

Rodger Goodell, Sponsored by Caesars Entertainment, DraftKings, FanDuel, Fox Bet, MGM, PointsBet and WynnBet the Official NFL Gambling sponsors, works for the owners.  Last time I looked the Cleveland Browns had an owner.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Slap on the wrist. Didn't Zeke get 6 games and was cleared of charges? POS should get a year.

Any chance you think they considered last year as part of his suspension? Because to me it does not make any sense even for the NFL to have that little consistency in their suspension policies. 

I love how many are discounting the fact that if we were to have made a deal for Watson, it would’ve been like, 14 months ago and we’d be sitting here with no AVT, no Sauce and/or G. Wilson and potentially no 1st rounder in 2023…all for a QB who still wouldn’t have played a single down for us and would have cost us a quarter of a billion dollars fully guaranteed…

LOL goddamn some people really hate Zach’s guts. And I think it boils down to appearance/politics more than anything…

Just mind boggling 

We’re in the best position we’ve been in for possibly decades and people are still moaning over it.

I love being a Jets fan…

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, DepressedJetsFan23 said:

Any chance you think they considered last year as part of his suspension? Because to me it does not make any sense even for the NFL to have that little consistency in their suspension policies. 

I don't think they should count it since Watson removed himself, not the league. I do think it is entirely possible that the NFL will suspend him for X amount of games and then fine him the money for this year and last year and claim that was the year + X that he was suspended. 

3 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

If Woody had signed Watson, I wonder how many Jet fans would have renounced their fandom.

Not many would be my guess.

I want to win as bad as anybody, but I'm glad Joe passed.

I would have been very upset with us if we did that and I wanted Watson in the worst way before all this came to light. The reaction from the Browns fan base was close to a 50/50 split based on their message boards. Once they start winning some will likely come back around though. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I love how many are discounting the fact that if we were to have made a deal for Watson, it would’ve been like, 14 months ago and we’d be sitting here with no AVT, no Sauce and/or G. Wilson and potentially no 1st rounder in 2023…all for a QB who still wouldn’t have played a single down for us and would have cost us a quarter of a billion dollars fully guaranteed…

LOL goddamn some people really hate Zach’s guts. And I think it boils down to appearance/politics more than anything…

Just mind boggling 

We’re in the best position we’ve been in for possibly decades and people are still moaning over it.

I love being a Jets fan…

I would have 100% traded #2, #10 and a 2023 first for Watson had this situation not come about. That #2 pick held so much power last year that I don't think the Jets would have had to give up their own pick in 2022. All that being said, the Jets are set up for sustained success with a QB that we are grooming from college, there is a pride I feel in that.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

Ok, it’s different.  He does not go to jail or get his life ruined , unless you prove it in court.  There you go

How's OJs life worked out with that not guilty ruling?

There you go, real life style

You guys are arguing with someone who thinks it wouldn’t be insanely, hilariously obvious if “a few friends” all got together to drum up a false allegation and also that not one person in that group of friends (22 in this case) would say out loud , “actually, I’m not going to attempt to destroy a person who doesn’t deserve it,” during the recruitment process.

You’ve all already lost this one.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bla bla bla said:

I would have 100% traded #2, #10 and a 2023 first for Watson had this situation not come about. That #2 pick held so much power last year that I don't think the Jets would have had to give up their own pick in 2022. All that being said, the Jets are set up for sustained success with a QB that we are grooming from college, there is a pride I feel in that.

I was all for making a move for Watson before the allegations came out that he was traveling the country, having (forcibly, allegedly) 20+ women jerk him off and bust in their faces.

But after things have gone the way they’ve gone, who can blame the Jets for passing and opting to build the team through the draft centered around a promising, highly ranked young QB, whether you’re a fan of the early signs or not?

I don’t even understand why this is still a discussion.

I feel the most confident that I have in over a decade in the direction this team is moving towards.

Yet we’re still dreading over not giving up 3 1st round picks and handing out a quarter of a billion dollars to a QB with this kind of baggage who went 4-12 the last time he touched cleats to grass…

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, ZachEY said:

You guys are arguing with someone who thinks it wouldn’t be insanely, hilariously obvious if “a few friends” all got together to drum up a false allegation and also that not one person in that group of friends (22 in this case) would say out loud , “actually, I’m not going to attempt to destroy a person who doesn’t deserve it,” during the recruitment process.

You’ve all already lost this one.

So the masseuse cried at the end. Big deal. Happens all the time I'm sure...

8 hours ago, jetsons said:

Here in the U.S.A. you Are deemed Innocent until PROVEN Guilty... ??????

It is no where to be found in the Constitution.   It is implied by Judicial interpretation which of course can change.  

You are guilty if you are guilty, regardless of your rights at a moment in time under the criminal Justice system.  Innocent people are found guilty and guilty people are found not guilty on a regular basis even in the good old USA.

• WTF? 1

On 5/17/2022 at 8:22 PM, Jetty said:

Surprised he would even get suspended since the case was thrown out.

Harris County elected to 'no-billed' him on his charges.  That essentially means Harris County is not going to charge him, but reserves the right to prosecute him in the future if evidence presents itself. 

The NFL's Personal Conduct policy can be used in a variety of matters.  Given the amount of crap the NFL has gotten for mis-handling (Ray Rice) other player issues of a similar vein, 3-4 would be really light.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, jetsons said:

Here in the U.S.A. you Are deemed Innocent until PROVEN Guilty... ??????

Yeah....Okay.  You can stop waving the flag anytime now and take a look around you.

Its amazing people still believe this ****.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1