Rumor: Deshaun Watson 3-4 week suspension

So after all the hand-wringing from people here who wanted no part of Watson and were sure he'd be suspended a full year or more, we could have had a top 10-ish QB for 13-14 games out of a 17-game schedule instead of our current "meh" guy under center. 

Cool!

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 16
  • WTF? 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So after all the hand-wringing from people here who wanted no part of Watson and were sure he'd be suspended a full year or more, we could have had a top 10-ish QB for 13-14 games out of a 17-game schedule instead of our current "meh" guy under center. 

Cool!

This was never a realistic option. 

The only time trading for Watson would have been remotely realistic would have been January 2021 before the allegations against him became public - and imagine the reaction to having given up multiple first round picks to find out a month or so later that he would be out for AT LEAST the 2021 season. Total catastrophe. 

Then there is the fact that he would have never agreed to come to a Jets team coming off a 2 win season, anyway. 

Much ado about nothing. 

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Cool!

His last full season he was the best qb in football. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Thanks but no thanks. Can't root for that guy. 

I imagine you’d hold firm to that.  But I’d bet there would have been a lot of Jets fans who previously wanted “no part of him” who’d be justifying it after the fact.

And either way it’ll certainly suck if/when he has success in Cleveland while Wilson stumbles.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Jetty said:

Surprised he would even get suspended since the case was thrown out.

The evidence and witnesses the prosecutor gave the grand jury was completely different from, and probably a fraction of, what the NFL considered.  The standards in decision making are also completely different. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Slap on the wrist. Didn't Zeke get 6 games and was cleared of charges? POS should get a year.

What exactly are you suspending him a year for? What was the evidence to to justify a year suspension?  If i get a few of my friends to join me in allegations against you, should YouTube suspend you for a year? 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

The account “reporting” this is a clown show of extraordinary proportions so they’re probably wrong, but Watson could get zero games and I would still applaud every single team that passed on him, including the Jets.

I mean it when I say that I absolutely hated the Jets for signing Vick.  I would have given them up entirely and rooted for the Pats with a smile on my face had they signed Deshaun Watson.  The NFL showing that it, once again, doesn’t give a sh*t about sexual assault, women, etc. doesn’t change my stance on that.  If this is the “punishment” Goodell thinks will do the trick, he, the Browns, and the league as a whole, deserve all of the backlash they are going to get.

With you a billion percent. It's just nauseating to be honest. Only saving grace is that another shoe is likely to fall against him at some point. Sexual predators don't really change their proclivities.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Cool!

I’m no lawyer, but if the 3-4 week rumor is true, one might surmise that the actual details of the case are a tad different than the details made available to the public. Goodell is a scumbag, but 3-4 games is a suspension he hands out to dudes who get caught with an ounce of weed in their pocket. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Would be a shame.

While this Twitter account is notorious for being wrong this tweet isn't a bad guess.  I believe the last player suspended for a Sexual Misconduct type situation was Jameis Winston in 2018, and he got 3 games.

Either the NFL finds that Watson did the things that were reported by those women or that he didn't.  I think he either gets 3 games or no suspension at all.  Unlikely that they find "something in the middle" or average it to just 1 or 2 games because that comes across as either appeasing the player after finding out there's truth to the allegations, finding the allegations true but not deeming them worthy of anything more than a 1 or 2 game suspension, or finding them not credible but bowing to social pressure to "do something" because of what was in the headlines.

These things almost always result in the NFL not looking good no matter what they do.  Just my two cents.

• Upvote 1

He can get a suspension now for the allegations / bringing the game into disrepute etc. Then if / when the results of any civil suits come about they could suspend him again based on the actual outcome.

I doubt this one will be over for a long time.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Cool!

Testifying under oath, Deshaun Watson admits Ashley Solis cried at end of massage - ProFootballTalk

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/05/17/testifying-under-oath-deshaun-watson-admits-ashley-solis-cried-at-end-of-massage/#comments

Such a shame we missed on having this as the face of our franchise…

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2