Flacco starting against Ravens; Wilson out until week 4: MERGED

Rhg1084

25 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Well yeah.  I'm a 58-year Jet fan.  It's what we've come to expect.  History, my friend.

And this year's team going 8-0?  Even Lance Mehl would probably slap you for writing such an absurd thought.

Hey , I'm right along with you ,over 50 years for me as well . But I can't let the negativity get to me, too many others things in life to stress and worry about , doesn't mean it still won't aggravate me at times. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Hey , I'm right along with you ,over 50 years for me as well . But I can't let the negativity get to me, too many others things in life to stress and worry about , doesn't mean it still won't aggravate me at times. 

Of course you're right.  I'm one of the idiots who has let the team get to me more times than I can remember.  I always want to see some level of light at the end of this massive Jet tunnel.  But then you get a 2x4 across the nose like the news today.

BTW, Lance and Mickey Shuler are right at the top of my favorite Jet players.   Great username choice.

28 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Jesus.....Some of you need lifetime Xanax.  If this is causing this much strife in your life, I might suggest jogging.

When you have dudes enraged at you in a thread and you're not even quoting their posts or addressing them specifically you should get the title of thread puppet master. Joe W Namath has some of these guys dancing on strings and he probably hasn't checked the thread since he posted. 

51 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

And the alternative is to spend another high pick on another rookie QB while hoping against all hope that he’ll finally be the one…

Sorry, I’ve had enough of that.

If Wilson doesn’t pan out then I want a guy who has proven he knows his ass from his elbow, can consistently get these young playmakers on offense involved and can have the Jets in consistent playoff contention.

You're just asking for them to trade away a 1st round pick for the right to pay Kirk Cousins as one of the top QBs in the league

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

He went from playing to now being out a month. How is this a conspiracy lol. It’s the Jets.

We’re ignoring another possibility here…. We all saw how horrible Wilson was last year, and he looked just as bad in the preseason game this year before he tweaked his knee.

I don’t believe he needs another 4 weeks. I’m thinking this team realizes how horrible he actually is, and they don’t want him anywhere near the field right now.
He’s a lost cause, and they’re desperate hoping against hope they can somehow fix him on the practice field. I know that sounds far fetched, but it’s as plausible as a 22 yo taking 7-8 weeks to heal from an arthroscopic procedure.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Regardless of how this plays out moving forward every time Zach drops back to take a snap you have to worry about that knee buckling. 

#NewQB2023

I’m starting the movement 

Independent of the knee….Zack needs to put his stamp on his role by season’s end.

If he sucks we should be looking to sign a vet like Garoppolo and draft another QB in the 1st next year.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Of course you're right.  I'm one of the idiots who has let the team get to me more times than I can remember.  I always want to see some level of light at the end of this massive Jet tunnel.  But then you get a 2x4 across the nose like the news today.

BTW, Lance and Mickey Shuler are right at the top of my favorite Jet players.   Great username choice.

Ironic thing about Mehl , career ended on a non contact knee injury when he caught his spikes in the old Meadowlands turf 

• Sympathy 1

Here is my problem with the HC staff, either way you slice this they look stupid. 

Zack had set back (they're not telling us the truth about the knee)

This was always the plan (6- 8 week diagnossis + they've been lying all this time) 

They're babying Zach. (Actually creates a worse situation by potentially extending Zach's evaluation time) 

There is no option here that makes the Jets look competent. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

it used to be against everything I believed in down to the core of my being but the past two years I bet against the jets and made a killing and this year will be the same-I mean you might as well use the knowledge you have and profit off it -the jets are going to be terrible again-

week one is easy money the ravens are going to be hungry and lite the jets up by +21 Joe F is not a guy that should be on the roster at this point.

I like Joe's most recent draft but his picks of mims wilson and becton  and his terrible head coach set this team back about 3-5 years- at some point the team has to win games 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, yvj said:

Here is my problem with the HC staff, either way you slice this they look stupid. 

Zack had set back (they're not telling us the truth about the knee)

This was always the plan (6- 8 week diagnossis + they've been lying all this time) 

They're babying Zach. (Actually creates a worse situation by potentially extending Zach's evaluation time) 

There is no option here that makes the Jets look competent. 

I think this is on the medical staff.

3 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

The bone bruise has to be what's holding him back.

How does possibly Zach starting Sunday turn into another 4 weeks? Bad look for Saleh.

I’m being completely serious here… has Saleh had any other kind of “look” since he got here?

Help me out here… I’m trying hard to think of when he had a “good look”, and I can’t think of one.

13 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

We’re ignoring another possibility here…. We all saw how horrible Wilson was last year, and he looked just as bad in the preseason game this year before he tweaked his knee.

I don’t believe he needs another 4 weeks. I’m thinking this team realizes how horrible he actually is, and they don’t want him anywhere near the field right now.
He’s a lost cause, and they’re desperate hoping against hope they can somehow fix him on the practice field. I know that sounds far fetched, but it’s as plausible as a 22 yo taking 7-8 weeks to heal from an arthroscopic procedure.

Nah.

By every account - team, media and players is Zach looked very good in pre-season.  He was stacking together some really good practices.

It's just the Jets are an incompetent mess overall.  But they want Zach on the field.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

JD looking incompetent 3.5 years in. 

Saleh looking incompetent 1.5 years in. 

#1 draft pick 1 year away. 

T minus 2 years away from uniform change.

Things are lining up well. 

Sean Payton, #1 pick, and classic unis. All will be well. 

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Pac said:

We're sending out a Superbowl MVP who has had a strong camp and many are acting like he's Brooks Bollinger.

I'm offended for him. 

You haters will be eating your words on Sunday when Joe Cool is lighting up the scoreboard.

Muffin Top would be proud. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

What does that mean?

Give me a specific political advantage the Jets would get that outweighs setting the precedent of listening to a teams owner of their second year QB?

Money? In what way is money relevant here?  The NFL can not allow sponsors to dictate players - even if it's Jet Blue.  There's just far too much money being made for the NFL to allow external influences on in game play.  Would be an absolute unmitiaged disaster if a sponsor had any say whatsoever.  

That’s a rabbit hole,  if you don’t understand than let’s leave it at that. No disrespect and not blowing you off but this would get ugly.  

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

We're sending out a Superbowl MVP who has had a strong camp and many are acting like he's Brooks Bollinger.

I'm offended for him. 

You haters will be eating your words on Sunday when Joe Cool is lighting up the scoreboard.

For the record, I think he is a competent spot starter at this stage of his career who is absolutely capable of playing well in any given week, but he's a 37 year old who hasn't won a start since 2019 and has been unceremoniously dumped by his last two teams. It's not unreasonable to have some skepticism. 

Bart Starr won back to back Super Bowl MVPs once upon a time, should we try to trade for him? 

15 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Is Zach out for the season now, if not how about letting his play decide whether they draft a new QB or not.

Sure.  But he kinda sucks and is pretty frail.  I'm assuming we're drafting another QB.

If Zach somehow becomes a good QB, great.  I'll be pleasantly surprised.