80 takes his lumps thread

Jetsfan80

13 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Ha!

Truth is...He did what you guys were calling for.  Step up in the pocket, make quick decisions and get the ball out.  And ran when nothing was there.

If he continues to just step up in the pocket like that, doesn't throw off his back foot - he's going to be fine and we're going to the playoffs.

He did and he needs to keep doing it.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Maybe not, but we just beat a playoff team today so we're moving in the right direction.  In the meantime, I hope Wilson continues to make meaningful progress like we saw today.  Today was big for him.  

Did you mean a playoff team beat a SB contender ? just askin

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm so glad to be wrong!!!  Zach looked like a real QB today against the # 1 defense, and we friggin WON.  You were right and I'm sorry.

Serve me all the crow you'd like and post everything you've got for the next 2+ weeks here.  lol.  

@football guy @Hal N of Provo @FidelioJet @SuicidalSince98 @JETS SB @Gastineau Lives @Jets723 @slats @Zachtomims47

Good on you, my brother. We all love this team the same, regardless.

JEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTSSSSS!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

21 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm so glad to be wrong!!!  Zach looked like a real QB today against the # 1 defense, and we friggin WON.  You were right and I'm sorry.

Serve me all the crow you'd like and post everything you've got for the next 2+ weeks here.  lol.  

@football guy @Hal N of Provo @FidelioJet @SuicidalSince98 @JETS SB @Gastineau Lives @Jets723 @slats @Zachtomims47

Not so bad. At least you can call Josh Allen a really good ruining back again. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Mogglez said:

As I said in the game thread, my heart is still guarded…but today feels really good.  Regardless of Zach’s future I’m just happy with the team and the direction they might be going in.  

Last week was very…difficult (non-Jets realated) and I invested my emotions way too much into last week.  The result we got was a small straw that broke the camel's back.  It feels good to feel good again.

Hope you're doing alright bro. Tis a good day, and I hope you enjoy it to the fullest. 

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@football guy @Hal N of Provo @FidelioJet @SuicidalSince98 @JETS SB @Gastineau Lives @Jets723 @slats @Zachtomims47 @Mogglez

legit post, although you've always come off as trying to be reasonable as opposed to just spewing negativity

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Hope you're doing alright bro. Tis a good day, and I hope you enjoy it to the fullest. 

Thanks homie.  The black cloud that dragged me down is close to evaporating…and that’s more important than football.  Honestly, I’m pretty thankful for the struggle because detaching for a bit to focus on remediating what needed to be remediated really put life, and what we invest into certain things, into perspective.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 4

28 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@football guy @Hal N of Provo @FidelioJet @SuicidalSince98 @JETS SB @Gastineau Lives @Jets723 @slats @Zachtomims47 @Mogglez

RUN ….

image.gif

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No lumps should be given or received. It's a long season. Hopefully Zach turned a corner after last week. Maybe that game last week was necessary for Zach to see his mistakes.

HEY WE WON BABY!!!!

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

26 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Ha!

Truth is...He did what you guys were calling for.  Step up in the pocket, make quick decisions and get the ball out.  And ran when nothing was there.

If he continues to just step up in the pocket like that, doesn't throw off his back foot - he's going to be fine and we're going to the playoffs.

QFT

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

legit post, although you've always come off as trying to be reasonable as opposed to just spewing negativity

The Darnold era was depressing.  Then, I thought this was gonna be a great team derailed by QB play, like the '09-10 Jets.

This team/QB might just be different.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Like an 80% competition rate and no turnovers, other than a fumble that wasnt his fault. 

That's exactly what we need out of him. 

And no running around like a squirrel that has a car bearing down and can’t decide which way to run to avoid it 

• Haha 3

this is exactly the type of game the jets can win.  they don't want or need wilson throwing it up more than 30 per game.  use the run and set up the pass.  oh i'm sure most say it's a passing league but allen doesn't pass so well if he just stays in the pocket.  his legs are what enables his throws.  wilson can rely on the run attack.  much better before hall went down but carter and robinson are filling in okay.  the next hurdle is for them to come out of the break and beat the patsies.

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You’re better than this ?

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Good stuff